Engineers in CE:A?

So, short topic here but anyone think there’s a chance of seeing them implemented this time around? From my understanding they were cut from the game but their code and models were still in there somewhere on the disc, that’s why you see so many Halo: PC mods with them.

I know 343 doesn’t want to mess with the core of campaign but anyone think it’s possible? Mind you, I’m not suggesting they float around and give enemies overshields like they do in ODST and Reach because that would tamper with gameplay, I mean floating off in the distance, tinkering with control panels and otherwise ignoring the player doing what they do.

If not, do you want them to be? I wish this forum was capable of making poles because yeah, I want those cute floaty gas bags…

If not in the campaign, I at least want to have one hidden as an Easter egg as proof that they were there.

> So, short topic here but anyone think there’s a chance of seeing them implemented this time around? From my understanding they were cut from the game but their code and models were still in there somewhere on the disc, that’s why you see so many Halo: PC mods with them.
>
> I know 343 doesn’t want to mess with the core of campaign but anyone think it’s possible? Mind you, I’m not suggesting they float around and give enemies overshields like they do in ODST and Reach, I mean floating off in the distance, tinkering with control panels and otherwise ignoring the player doing what they do.

It’s possible but highly unlikely.

Well, I can see your logic… but I doubt we will see them.

It probably wouldnt happen, but I wouldnt be opposed to it. It actually makes sense having them there.

Since 343i stated that they wouldn’t change gameplay, I very much doubt we’ll get to see any Huragok. However, it might be possible that we spot one in a terminal. Wouldn’t surprise me, to be honest.

> > So, short topic here but anyone think there’s a chance of seeing them implemented this time around? From my understanding they were cut from the game but their code and models were still in there somewhere on the disc, that’s why you see so many Halo: PC mods with them.
> >
> > I know 343 doesn’t want to mess with the core of campaign but anyone think it’s possible? Mind you, I’m not suggesting they float around and give enemies overshields like they do in ODST and Reach, I mean floating off in the distance, tinkering with control panels and otherwise ignoring the player doing what they do.
>
> It’s possible but highly unlikely.

This.

It would be a pleasant surprise to have them incorporated.

> > > So, short topic here but anyone think there’s a chance of seeing them implemented this time around? From my understanding they were cut from the game but their code and models were still in there somewhere on the disc, that’s why you see so many Halo: PC mods with them.
> > >
> > > I know 343 doesn’t want to mess with the core of campaign but anyone think it’s possible? Mind you, I’m not suggesting they float around and give enemies overshields like they do in ODST and Reach, I mean floating off in the distance, tinkering with control panels and otherwise ignoring the player doing what they do.
> >
> > It’s possible but highly unlikely.
>
> This.
>
> It would be a pleasant surprise to have them incorporated.

It would be a nice reprieve, that’s certain. I love Huragok :).

Maybe they’ll have one reinforcing a group of enemies guarding a terminal or something.

I’d like to at least see one as an Easter Egg, hidden somewhere just to prove they were there.

> I’d like to at least see one as an Easter Egg, hidden somewhere just to prove they were there.

I would love an engineer easter egg, but only if I can jump on top of him and float!

That would rock, I like to jetpack onto them in Firefight.