Energy Sword Lunging Glitch?

Has anyone else every experienced this? I’ve thought so many times that I was close enough for lunges, but for some reason they just don’t seem to lunge even with a red reticle. After many times of getting pissed KNOWING I should’ve had a lunge, I went into Theater to watch and see my gameplay in slow motion for myself. I specifically checked for 2 thing:

1- Was I within lunging distance? (red reticle)

2- Was I pulling the trigger while the reticle was red?

Both conditions (which is necessary to pull of the sword lunge) were met in most videos. I started noticing, also, that this problem ONLY occurred on THESE 2 conditions:

1- I was sprinting at the opponent

2- While sprinting, I switched to the sword without interrupting my sprint.

It seems while doing this causes the sword’s lunge mechanic to not work/load unless Sprint is disengaged. However, it has to be a disengage in that it isn’t because you pulled the Right trigger (or whatever your Shoot button is). Sprint has to stop from it’s ‘energy’ dissipating or you physically release forward from your Thumbstick. Also, the lunge WILL work if you are at melee range. I’ve found that outside of melee range but still within sword-lunge range doesn’t like to have the sword lunge out of Sprint.

Basically this is my experience:

DMR an enemy and start sprinting. Mid-sprint I switch to Sword without interrupting Sprint. Before Sprint ‘energy’ is gone, I attempt to lunge at an enemy from within sword lunge range, but outside melee range. The result is usually a failed lunge, in which I just whiff and swing at the air, even with a centered red-reticle and pulling the trigger appropriately. Whether being shot at or not has an effect I don’t know, because typically I’m always being shot at when this happens.

Sword lunging DOES work if you have the sword out BEFORE starting to sprint, so the problem doesn’t present itself in this condition. Anyone else notice this?

It’s just a problem with sprint. Just try and get a few inches closer when you’re sprinting if you’re using the sword.

But if you think that’s bad…actually lunging and your Spartan just missing blatantly even though he charges forward is the real kicker.

> It’s just a problem with sprint. Just try and get a few inches closer when you’re sprinting if you’re using the sword.
>
>
> But if you think that’s bad…actually lunging and your Spartan just missing blatantly even though he charges forward is the real kicker.

Lol, then you haven’t played Halo 2 much. It’s not a sprint problem, it’s a sword problem.

I seem to have this problem sometimes as well :frowning:

When I have sword I don’t sprint, I hide on the other side of a door.

> When I have sword I don’t sprint, I hide on the other side of a door.

I don’t like you…

=P

Anyway, seems like sprint is the problem :slight_smile:

Wanna see how to use the sword?

My sword never lunges, but everyone else seems to launch a quarter mile towards me.

> When I have sword I don’t sprint, I hide on the other side of a door.

You forgot the best part…with active camo!

> My sword never lunges, but everyone else seems to launch a quarter mile towards me.

Yep, I know what you mean.