Energy Sword Lunge Distance is broken

The energy sword in Halo 5 has the most broken lunge distance ever. If you aim with the sword, the distance is extremely long. This is an extreme issue in Infected where you are surviving and then an infected aims with his sword and kills you instantly from a long distance and then you are left saying “I got -Yoinked!- by an energy sword”. This needs to be nerfed ASAP. Me and my friends believe it has more lunge range than a shotgun. If that is true, then the energy sword needs to get the -Yoink- nerfed out of it. It’s also a problem when someone uses the Prophets Bane which has increased lunge distance when aiming with smart link.

I agree that its way too long especially for infected. If they took out the smartscope it would be fine.

Nothing compared to H3

Yeah I wish they remove smart scope on all melee, short range and auto weapons.

Agreed, along with the gravity hammer too. Both have a ridiculous lunge range.

Im fine with it as is. If your going to bring a knife to a gun fight, you need some sort of advantage

> 2533274929125895;1:
> The energy sword in Halo 5 has the most broken lunge distance ever. If you aim with the sword, the distance is extremely long. This is an extreme issue in Infected where you are surviving and then an infected aims with his sword and kills you instantly from a long distance and then you are left saying “I got -Yoinked!- by an energy sword”. This needs to be nerfed ASAP. Me and my friends believe it has more lunge range than a shotgun. If that is true, then the energy sword needs to get the -Yoink- nerfed out of it.

It’s not even close to as bad as halo 2’s lunge distance when they were still balancing it but I think they should just remove the scoping in with the energy sword since there’s not really a point to do it other than the extra range.

Who remembers the Halo 2 Sword glitch o: you could fly across the entire map.
The halo 5 sword is fine

I thought that before they added Infection to Halo 5 they would remove the lunge of the sword, nope.
It’s so BS, and funny at the same time.
I’ll kill my friend with it’s ridiculous lunge distance and he will be like “HOW TF DID YOU GET ME?!”.
I agree, it needs to be nerfed.

All melee weapons shouldn’t be able to zoom in and increase there range IMO. The way they were in the past was perfect. I can’t stand how they are now!! I really hope this is fixed in H6.

As much I as love pouncing on my foes in short order, I’ll admit the Smart-Scope for the melee weapons are a bit OP. I’d say that the scoping would make melee weapons semi-redundant as CQB weapons like the Shotgun already displace that role.

On a different note, I’m really bothered by the fact that when you do a Ground Pound with an Energy Sword, you do the damage with your fist like every other weapon. I’d rather stab the ground in an epic manner, much like slamming down the Gravity Hammer during a Ground Pound.

Lunge distance is pretty nuts lol It’s pretty comical seeing it in third person.

H2a sword lunge is worse.

Broken? Hm. Seems to be working correctly for me.

> 2533274971565732;14:
> Broken? Hm. Seems to be working correctly for me.

By ‘broken’ I mean it’s very powerful.

for me the lunge is super inconsistent. one minute ill lunge like 15 feet and the next minute my spartan wont lunge at all or barely will

> 2533275029034104;16:
> for me the lunge is super inconsistent. one minute ill lunge like 15 feet and the next minute my spartan wont lunge at all or barely will

That happens to me too.

Personally I like the lunge as I call it the “Halo 2 Lunge” and my friends all know to avoid me when I have a sword in fiesta, I’m lethal with it. In fact I went into Super Fiesta MM earlier today and got a frenzy with the sword thanks to the lunge, so I guess it’s a matter of perspective really, the perspective of who has the sword and who gets sliced in half.

I can’t lunge properly. I aimed at a dude earlier, and swung at him at least 6 times before he stood still and I shanked him.

it’s not a problem in infection because there’s a medal called bullture for a reason