Energy sword lockon distance.

is terrible. The lockon distance has been nerfed so much, you never see anyone using it, cause its pretty much a death trap. I’m not saying go back to the halo 2 days where you were invincible with the thing, but this nerfing of the sword has gotten out of hand.

> is terrible. The lockon distance has been nerfed so much, you never see anyone using it, cause its pretty much a death trap. I’m not saying go back to the halo 2 days where you were invincible with the thing, but this nerfing of the sword has gotten out of hand.

You move the fastest with that weapon than any other AND you don’t slow down while sprinting when you have it. I think it’s perfectly fine.

Reach’s sword was beast. It’s terrible now because you slow down sprinting when shot.

> Reach’s sword was beast.

Except the fact that people could deflect the sword like Wonder Woman deflects bullets.

It’s terrible because everyone has a shotgun, and can see you coming through the walls.

> > Reach’s sword was beast.
>
> Except the fact that people could deflect the sword like Wonder Woman deflects bullets.

I personally like it when you can defend yourself from a power weapon.

I don’t really get the sword I’ve seen people lunged from distances that seem 3-4 times the length of the sword.

It’s because everybody can sprint.

I actually finished the commendation for it not too long after release, because I know how to use it. Pro tip: You DON’T run straight at somebody from across the map with it.

> It’s because everybody can sprint.
>
> I actually finished the commendation for it not too long after release, because I know how to use it. Pro tip: You DON’T run straight at somebody from across the map with it.

Lol, the amount of morons I’ve seen doing that is insane.

However, I do feel that the sword could benefit from a little bit more range, not much or else it would be overpowered, but a little bit more.

Doesn’t bother me anymore. I can beatdown a Hunter with 1 or 2 swipes. Even Generals succumb to it.

The only issue I have is that hitting anything that can be moved drains the battery. So much for easier scenery rearranging.

> Reach’s sword was beast. It’s terrible now because you slow down sprinting when shot.

The stopping power when getting shot while sprinting doesn’t apply on the Sword.

Personally I’m fine with the Sword lunge now, considering it is the only weapon you can sprint with and not slow down when shot, it works.

> Reach’s sword was beast. It’s terrible now because you slow down sprinting when shot.

Never played online but I do recall Halo 2’s sword having unlimited charge and a ridiculously long lunge range. :stuck_out_tongue:

It got nerfed?

> > Reach’s sword was beast. It’s terrible now because you slow down sprinting when shot.
>
> Never played online but I do recall Halo 2’s sword having unlimited charge and a ridiculously long lunge range. :stuck_out_tongue:

No, neither of those things, but you could pull it out and swipe with it in an instant. Thank goodness they changed it.

The sword is terrible. You get 2-3 kills at best before getting boltshotted/plasma naded. I’m also having a hard time with aiming after sprinting or thruster packing.