Energy Sword Issue

Every time I take an energy sword out, it makes no noise. Does anyone else have this problem?

I just want to make sure nothing is wrong with my game.

I’ve noticed it happened to me on occasion, it does work other times though.

While we’re on this topic, can anyone confirm if you can no longer “counter” the energy sword with a well timed melee?

it’s worked fine with me. I used it this morning for the first time and it made a “sound”

Yeah The first couple games I played it worked, but now it never makes the noise. I don’t think it even makes it in campaign.

No sound issues here with the energy sword.

I have the same issue, was working fine on the 6 of November and now its just making no sound…

I am having the same issue as well during the first 2 days of halo 4 I heard the sound that when you take it out but after that it doesn’t but when other people take out I hear the noise but when I take it out it doesn’t make a noise.

I am having the same issue, i use the sword and it has no sound when you first pull it out. Sounds like an obvious issue, i hope 343 reads this and can fix it with a patch sometime in the future.

I habe the same issue!!

it has NEVER made a noise for me in ANY game type.

:frowning:

it only makes a sound for me when i change to my other weapon. when i pull it out its almost always silent. not that i really care as i rarely use it and was never a huge fan of how it sounded anyways.

> While we’re on this topic, can anyone confirm if you can no longer “counter” the energy sword with a well timed melee?

Correct, you can’t block it with melee anymore but you can still clash with swords.

Pretty sure dexterity causes the sound to go away.

> Pretty sure dexterity causes the sound to go away.

That would make sense for those that are having trouble hearing any sound.

Dexterity causes it but sometimes it glitches without it. Also, fusion coils make no sound. wtf?

> > While we’re on this topic, can anyone confirm if you can no longer “counter” the energy sword with a well timed melee?
>
> Correct, you can’t block it with melee anymore but you can still clash with swords.

this also works with flood forms.

Same problem with me, it works sometimes

Is it just me or does the animation glitch? Most of the time I’m killed by a sword I never see a swing. The guy just slides into my face still looking like he’s just walking with the sword.