Enemy disintegration Skull ideas

It would be more for show or effect rather than gameplay. It was something that I found interesting to think about, maybe even if it became a skull.

The reason why I started thinking about this is because when the Grunt Funeral skull that was shown, Grunts went off like grenades and were disintegrated on the spot. But I’d like to see that as a more common thing for all species. Without breaking gameplay. Throughout the series whenever a plasma grenade went off, enemies would simply go flying like as if a frag went off, though it makes for amusing gameplay to watch enemies go flying, I think Id rather want to see an enemy get evaporated by a plasma grenade.

My idea was that ONLY plasma explosions would cause this reaction, since Frags and rockets dont generate the intense heat that plasma grenades give off. As for gameplay whether it be natural, or a skull. The idea of disintegrating a Grunt or an Elite with plasma would be neat to see. Another thing I thought about was how it would work in gameplay. Would it be natural? Or a skull? Would it be related to sticking an enemy, making the stick more worth performing? Or would a simple 'splosion suffice?

IMO I dont think it shouldn’t be natural since that would be a bit too much for a change compared to the original. I think the best thing to do would be make a skull that allowed for disintegration. Skull could be called VAPOR or ASHES or something…what does everyone else think?

Title changed to mirror our opinions that this would be more likely a skull in gameplay, have any ideas for names? Or chnages for the skull? Post them

I think if the effect was pretty cool-looking, it might be a neat skull. But I wouldn’t want it to be TOO bloody or violent-looking, since I kinda like the ‘tameness’ of the Halo games’s violence, at least compared to other games these days. :slight_smile:

> I think if the effect was pretty cool-looking, it might be a neat skull. But I wouldn’t want it to be TOO bloody or violent-looking, since I kinda like the ‘tameness’ of the Halo games’s violence, at least compared to other games these days. :slight_smile:

I wasnt thinking of anything too violent. Maybe a split-second burst of light at the most.

Sounds like a cool idea for a skull. I don’t think it would be anything too violent, but the effect they used for the Grunt Funeral skull would be cool by itself.

> Sounds like a cool idea for a skull. I don’t think it would be anything too violent, but the effect they used for the Grunt Funeral skull would be cool by itself.

Exactly. Originally I was thinking of just using the funeral-style disintegration for all species when they were stuck by a plasma grenade but I added that idea to other things like Fuel Rods and Wraiths since their plasma explosions are just as lethal of a force.

Only if the enemies scream in extreme pain when it’s happening.

> Only if the enemies scream in extreme pain when it’s happening.

Ha.

> > Only if the enemies scream in extreme pain when it’s happening.
>
> Ha.

I already have a thought in my head, a Grunt burning away screaming “Not again!”

> Only if the enemies scream in extreme pain when it’s happening.

I’d imagine that any screaming would be cut-off entirely since it would almost instantaneous

> > Sounds like a cool idea for a skull. I don’t think it would be anything too violent, but the effect they used for the Grunt Funeral skull would be cool by itself.
>
> Exactly. Originally I was thinking of just using the funeral-style disintegration for all species when they were stuck by a plasma grenade but I added that idea to other things like Fuel Rods and Wraiths since their plasma explosions are just as lethal of a force.

I like that idea. Plasma grenades, wraiths, fuel rods, and banshee bombs would incinerate the enemy. That would be cool.

> > > Only if the enemies scream in extreme pain when it’s happening.
> >
> > Ha.
>
> I already have a thought in my head, a Grunt burning away screaming “Not again!”

okay, THAT would be funny