Enemy can see me before appearing on my screen

It’s just unbelievable.
I can afford bad hit registration, grenade delay etc., I’ve done it for years.
But a thing I really cannot understand is how the hell is possible that enemy with better connection/nearer to servers can see me nearly an half second before he actually appears on my screen.
I know, he has a better connection and the server is nearer to him, so packets arrive before than to me, but come on: I played halo 3, reach and 4 on p2p for years and even in the laggiest matches this thing wasn’t noticeable at all!

Has someone some kind of explanation? Why on p2p this issue wasn’t noticeable (only bullet reg and grenade delay were the real problems) and now with dedis is so evident?

It is pretty evident that there are server issues. I hope this update brings some relief.

LOL it’s EBLspartan omg this is priceless lad.

This is exactly why so many of us in the EU preferred region lock to avoid these issues, and didn’t mind the longer search times, or sometimes not finding any games at all, if it meant we didn’t have to endure all the latency induced problems that comes with playing on US servers.

Seeing this from you cracked me up man. Hopefully though these dodgy ‘search prefrences’ in the new update will help avoid these problems, but I have my doubts considering it is 343, and the population may be too low to even sustain it. I don’t know why they didn’t just add a region select either, but we’ll see later today.

They could just be hearing you coming around the corner. I use sound all the time, its such a huge advantage.

> 2533274808132968;4:
> They could just be hearing you coming around the corner. I use sound all the time, its such a huge advantage.

But lag give people far better.

It can be so bad at times you start firing at someone only for them to have already charged and killed you???

> 2533274856600724;3:
> LOL it’s EBLspartan omg this is priceless lad.
>
> This is exactly why so many of us in the EU preferred region lock to avoid these issues, and didn’t mind the longer search times, or sometimes not finding any games at all, if it meant we didn’t have to endure all the latency induced problems that comes with playing on US servers.
>
> Seeing this from you cracked me up man. Hopefully though these dodgy ‘search prefrences’ in the new update will help avoid these problems, but I have my doubts considering it is 343, and the population may be too low to even sustain it. I don’t know why they didn’t just add a region select either, but we’ll see later today.

Dude, things like that won’t happen at game release, and region lock was introduced on February…

Anyway how latency can be a factor for this specific problem if on laggy p2p this wasn’t noticeable at all?

On Halo 4 I remember absurd situations where I was literally surrounded by enemies but killing one at time, hiding behind some environment object, nading and shooting a few bullets always did the trick.

Now in a situation like that, if I hide behind something I am killed in the same instant the enemy turn the corner appearing on my visual, like he had inhuman reflexes. All the time. Even if he is not aiming directly at me.

This can’t be possible. I could understand hit register but an advantage like that is just ridiculous.
And cross map no scopes with snipers, OMG! It’s like everyone turned suddenly into an MLG player.
Clearly it’s not like that, the enemy has simply 0.5 if not more secs of advantage to aim and shoot before he appears on my freaking screen and my first bullet reach him…

BTW hit register remain far better than the laggiest matches on p2p even in the worst situation, but this thing… man it’s just a joke.

What the hell they did with netcode?

> 2533274808132968;4:
> They could just be hearing you coming around the corner. I use sound all the time, its such a huge advantage.

What he is describing is not due to opponents using sound. He’s talking about an opponent rounding a corner and getting a free shot or so before you see them even appear on screen because, due to a significant latency gap, they’re effectively “ahead” of you. It’s basically what you would expect to see happen in the absence of netcode.