Ending Sequence so.... bland

So during the end of a match in the Halo 5 beta the Spartans felt more alive and you could tell they were getting all the girls but now it feels like since the butthurt of a small side of the community the Spartans now just stand there and look at the camera like “wut”. It’s like why even have the ending sequence anymore since it looks so bland? Honestly I really wish they would have both ending sequences in custom games so we can toggle each towards the one we like. I just loved the ending sequence a lot in the beta because me and my college friends would be like “GIMME DAT HIGH FIVE MMMMMMMHM”!
Edit: ^(Even though it might have been a bit to much MMMMMMMMHM for some people.)

Edit 2: I just thought of a cool idea and even though I know 343 probably won’t do this they should let us customize what our individual Spartan would do in the background once the game is over. You could go for the more normal 20 year old Spartan type where they might raise theirs hands up like and be like “Get REKT m8” or you could go for some more serious types like Nodding and folding your arms up. I think this would most likely please every single person except for a couple people who just want the whole background sequence after the match to just be all “Bromance” or all “Serious” at the end.

> 2533274815412748;1:
> So during the end of a match in the Halo 5 beta the Spartans felt more alive and you could tell they were getting all the girls but now it feels like since the butthurt of a small side of the community the Spartans now just stand there and look at the camera like “wut”. It’s like why even have the ending sequence anymore since it looks so bland? Honestly I really wish they would have both ending sequences in custom games so we can toggle each towards the one we like. I just loved the ending sequence a lot in the beta because me and my college friends would be like “GIMME DAT HIGH FIVE MMMMMMMHM”!

1. What if some of the Spartans were actually girls? Just… no… thats not what Spartans are meant to be
    1.5. Also I don’t think people in Iron Man suits should be using it to “get the girls,” not exactly the most efficient thing to do with it
  2. There was alot more that hated it than you think. Much larger than a “butthurt small side of the community”
  3. Everyone wants a toggle. Not everything can be freaking toggleable!
  4. Spartans are not meant to be cocky (Which some like Palmer inadvertantly did) They are supposed to be professionals. Not everyone gets to be a Spartan. (The Marine Corps would like a word with you) Giving Spartans high-fives doesn’t suit everyone, neither does the new one. Truth is, whatever they want to do with it, not everyone will be pleased.

Honestly in the beta I didn’t mind it at all, but enough people complained aaannnd it’s GONE!

> 4. Spartans are not meant to be cocky (Which some like Palmer inadvertantly did) They are supposed to be professionals. Not everyone gets to be a Spartan. (The Marine Corps would like a word with you) Giving Spartans high-fives doesn’t suit everyone, neither does the new one. Truth is, whatever they want to do with it, not everyone will be pleased.

I had no idea giving someone a high-five was cocky behavior.

I agree, these are not Spartan II anymore they should have a personality now

I’ve always hated the sentiment that Spartans have to be mindless bricks at all times. Can’t these guys (and…other Spartans…) have some fun like the rest of us?

The Spartan 4s have been shown time and time again have personality the end scene in the beta was something I would imagine them doing. That being said its well known that the Spartan 2s acted more like machines but what people forget is a lot of Spartan 2s also express them selves with comedy sadness things like that a perfect example is Fred from blue team. Will Fred ever high five the Chief after a mission no but he still has a personality. The Spartan 4s are mostly men and women in their 20s which would make it more likely for them to act how they were in the beta they lived normal lives up till this point which means they should be able to high five and fist bump and stuff.

> 2533274815412748;1:
> It’s like why even have the ending sequence

And you know what? I couldn’t possibly agree with that any more.

> 2533274815412748;1:
> So during the end of a match in the Halo 5 beta the Spartans felt more alive and you could tell they were getting all the girls but now it feels like since the butthurt of a small side of the community the Spartans now just stand there and look at the camera like “wut”. It’s like why even have the ending sequence anymore since it looks so bland? Honestly I really wish they would have both ending sequences in custom games so we can toggle each towards the one we like. I just loved the ending sequence a lot in the beta because me and my college friends would be like “GIMME DAT HIGH FIVE MMMMMMMHM”!

If you honestly get picky about something that small I can only assume you’re a detail fanatic.

best post I have ever read, soooo funny
I def liked the older one better because it looked more fluid and I wasn’t cringing at their BA poses

I honestly think the Spartans should hug at the end as it would become iconic and maybe a meme

I also view the new outtro as another way the community ruins everyone else’s fun.

The Spartan 4’s are more bro-like and buddy buddy than the Spartan 2’s. Why? Because they’re not conscripted. They signed up willingly. They had friends and family before they became soldiers and still have them now, they then went onto being Spartan 4’s which was basically just stronger faster somewhat meat headed soldiers.(they still get to choose who becomes enhanced obviously)

So what do you get? You get a buncha soldiers, in a competition (multiplayer) beating another group of their own soldiers in a match and celebrating. The Spartan 2’s would probably stand there, and honestly, with the way they actually are they would probably do something a little more expressive than the current outtro as well. Kelly would probably eye you up (She has always been portrayed as the type to look someone over). John would probably be the most rigid, a salute, or standing at attention, Fred? Sharpening his knives, crossing his arms. Etc, etc.

What makes it doubly worse, is the same people that made it change, the same people that have forced us to watch a boring and pointless outro (which as OP stated, may as well not exist anymore) are the same people that will say “343 doesn’t ever listen” The same company that doesn’t listen and Destroyed the Arena Sandbox by buffing BR because everyone complained about it.

High fives and all that seems a bit cheesy to me and too ‘dudebro’ for my sensibilities.

> 2533274811158328;11:
> (which as OP stated, may as well not exist anymore)

As someone who was staunchly against the outro and advocated for its removal unless it’s masking a loading screen, it seems as though they attempted to compromise between those who liked it and those who didn’t. Just goes to show you what you get for the effort of compromising, eh?

> 2533274823519895;13:
> > 2533274811158328;11:
> > (which as OP stated, may as well not exist anymore)
>
>
> As someone who was staunchly against the outro and advocated for its removal unless it’s masking a loading screen, it seems as though they attempted to compromise between those who liked it and those who didn’t. Just goes to show you what you get for the effort of compromising, eh?

I personally like the outro, BUT I will admit this. It should serve more of a purpose, otherwise it’s time wasted to get into another match.

> 2533274809001687;12:
> High fives and all that seems a bit cheesy to me and too ‘dudebro’ for my sensibilities.

The high fives were one thing, but when the spartan in the front just looked ahead and does a head nod…thats when I was like…nope, they gotta do something else with this -Yoink-.

And all of you guys sayings its time wasted, the scene literally lasts a matter of seconds…give me a break. Plus, it shows off everyones cool armor, why go through the effort customizing your spartan if these cutscenes aren’t present? At this point they should just do away with color and armor customization entirely, just have full suits in red and blue colors.

I just don’t why these extremes. First it’s to over the top and now super boring.

> 2533274812652989;4:
> > 4. Spartans are not meant to be “Bro-ey” (Which some like Palmer inadvertantly did) They are supposed to be professionals. Not everyone gets to be a Spartan. (The Marine Corps would like a word with you) Giving Spartans high-fives doesn’t suit everyone, neither does the new one. Truth is, whatever they want to do with it, not everyone will be pleased.
>
>
> I had no idea giving someone a high-five was cocky behavior.

Oh yea… “Bro” behavior. My bad

> 2533274811158328;11:
> I also view the new outtro as another way the community ruins everyone else’s fun.

Hmm, it generated enough feedback to get changed. If you’ve got data that suggests it’s only “the community” at work with this one and “everyone else”, whoever that is, liked the old Outro, then I suggest you share it. Then again, you know the old saying, “you don’t vote? You don’t get to complain”. If “everyone else” didn’t voice their opinion regarding the old Outro, we don’t really know their opinion now do we?

> 2533274831364893;15:
> > 2533274809001687;12:
> > And all of you guys sayings its time wasted, the scene literally lasts a matter of seconds…give me a break. Plus, it shows off everyones cool armor, why go through the effort customizing your spartan if these cutscenes aren’t present? At this point they should just do away with color and armor customization entirely, just have full suits in red and blue colors.

Sure, it’s only a matter of seconds, but watching it again and again and again and again and again and again, when it has no real purpose, no thank you. Match is done, I do not want to linger. I wanted to skip it every single time so badly. I could even do away with the intro.

Show off armor? I see those when I play. You make it sound like armor customization hasn’t been present until now. Quite a leap to suggest that Armor Customization should be removed entirely when people do not want the outro.

> 2535436901034715;10:
> best post I have ever read, soooo funny
> I def liked the older one better because it looked more fluid and I wasn’t cringing at their BA poses
>
> I honestly think the Spartans should hug at the end as it would become iconic and maybe a meme

There really should be easteregg endings just the way you imagined it to be like. I’d die if if I saw a blue guy tea-bagging a red guy at the end of the match xD (Even though I know a side of the community wouldn’t enjoy seeing that for whatever reason)

> 2535436901034715;10:
> best post I have ever read, soooo funny
> I def liked the older one better because it looked more fluid and I wasn’t cringing at their BA poses
>
> I honestly think the Spartans should hug at the end as it would become iconic and maybe a meme

There really should be easteregg endings just the way you imagined it to be like. I’d die if if I saw a blue guy tea-bagging a red guy at the end of the match xD (Even though I know a side of the community wouldn’t enjoy seeing that for whatever reason)