End one sided matches early

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

So, I was playing Destiny the other day. The team I was on was dominating the other one with our score being 7000 and the other’s barely breaking 1100. At this point, the announcer called out “I know domination when I see it, I am calling this” and the match ended.
Halo 5 DESPERATELY needs something like this. I am sick of getting thrown on teams that are losing by overwhelming amounts, but if I quit I get banned for several hours. So, as it stands now, the only choice is to stand there and let the other team walk all over me. It’s clear 343 will never remove the ban for leaving matches, nor will they ever fix the matchmaking and finally correct it’s horrendous player skill matching. Therefore I ask that they just put in a mechanic that ends one sided matches immediately when the score gap becomes insurmountable.
And don’t hand me any garbage about “I’ll demoralize the losing team”. Yeah, that’s already happening when we either get Sara the mega -Yoink- Palmer berating us for losing in warzone or we get the announcer in arena calling out “DEFEAT” and further rubbing it in our faces with the words popping up on our screen and we have to watch the winning team stand around in victory. Yeah, that’s not demoralizing at all… makes one miss for the old days where the announcer just said “game over” and you saw the score. It was fair, impartial, and got the message across clearly without being an obnoxious @$$hole about it.
With that in mind, I say just end the matches early when the score gap becomes too much and the other team has no chance of winning. It’ll speed things up, get it done and over with and would actually help stop farming in Warzone as it would end the match as sooner.

Anything Bungie made 343 won’t follow.
Besides if they make this, they won’t (and I guarantee) they won’t make the XP or the REQ points count I’m betting.

<mark>This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not purposely bypass the word filter.</mark>
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

> 2533274968393436;2:
> Anything Bungie made 343 won’t follow.
> Besides if they make this, they won’t (and I guarantee) they won’t make the XP or the REQ points count I’m betting.

It’ll count as a win so they should count. See, the other team isn’t being punished. It’s a win, flat out. It’s just they can’t sit there and farm the other team for kills or be @$$holes about it. The match ends itself and that’s that.

I feel like a time limit maybe? If a team has a triple cap for 5 minutes and doesn’t destroy the core, game ends? RP and XP would be less because the game was shorter than it would be otherwise, but then you get to start fresh in another game sooner.

personally I don’t enjoy the triple cap stand off scenario. It’s not fun on either side, winning or losing

> 2533274806055932;4:
> I feel like a time limit maybe? If a team has a triple cap for 5 minutes and doesn’t destroy the core?
>
> personally I don’t enjoy the triple cap stand off scenario. It’s not fun on either side, winning or losing

Oh, no, it’s fun for the team who is doing the camping. Not so much for the team getting camped. Even with a time limit, you can still end up on a team getting destroyed. The only solution is to put in a score gap limit and end the match once it’s reached.

this is a good idea honestly. Cause when I’m on a terrible losing team on slayer or warzone and the enemy on slayer are way ahead or on warzone farming. This would just save my time and end it early. It’ll discourage farming. It’ll definitely speed things up. Cause when I’m getting farmed I sit at the back of the home base debating whether I should quit or not.

> 2533274923746840;6:
> this is a good idea honestly. Cause when I’m on a terrible losing team on slayer or warzone and the enemy on slayer are way ahead or on warzone farming. This would just save my time and end it early. It’ll discourage farming. It’ll definitely speed things up. Cause when I’m getting farmed I sit at the back of the home base debating whether I should quit or not.

Same- after giving an honest effort handing over a dozen kills, I just sit in the back and wait for it to be over…

> 2533274806055932;7:
> > 2533274923746840;6:
> > this is a good idea honestly. Cause when I’m on a terrible losing team on slayer or warzone and the enemy on slayer are way ahead or on warzone farming. This would just save my time and end it early. It’ll discourage farming. It’ll definitely speed things up. Cause when I’m getting farmed I sit at the back of the home base debating whether I should quit or not.
>
>
> Same- after giving an honest effort handing over a dozen kills, I just sit in the back and wait for it to be over…

I do that as well. I give it a good try a few times and if we are hopelessly outmatched I am not gonna just keep feeding the other team kills. I think lots of people give up on warzone matches fairly quickly and that’s why close matches are so rare. If we are clearly gonna lose and I can get to lvl 6 I start sniping from the safety of the core base barrier like a punk lol. If they triple cap I shoot from the very back of the base, if they come back there I quit. There is no honor left in my Halo game style lol. I play for kills and fun nowadays.