EMOTES

will there emotes, and if so will it be spray-paint or actually spartans doing the emote

> 2535452520672773;1:
> will there emotes, and if so will it be spray-paint or actually spartans doing the emote

It seems like spray-paint will be there from the trailer however I am mixed with emotes. We are playing 1st person so in that instance emotes always felt misplaced for me.

Wouldn’t mind weapon inspect emotes.

> 2533274792737987;2:
> > 2535452520672773;1:
> > will there emotes, and if so will it be spray-paint or actually spartans doing the emote
>
> It seems like spray-paint will be there from the trailer however I am mixed with emotes. We are playing 1st person so in that instance emotes always felt misplaced for me.

I was just looking at that too (at 1:49), though I’m having a hard time telling if that was a player made spray or just apart of the map already. I am leaning towards the latter.

> 2533274815711361;4:
> > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > 2535452520672773;1:
> > > will there emotes, and if so will it be spray-paint or actually spartans doing the emote
> >
> > It seems like spray-paint will be there from the trailer however I am mixed with emotes. We are playing 1st person so in that instance emotes always felt misplaced for me.
>
> I was just looking at that too (at 1:49), though I’m having a hard time telling if that was a player made spray or just apart of the map already. I am leaning towards the latter.

To me it’s blatantly a spray. The color scheme does not go with the map and it’s not aged like the rest of the map textures.

> 2533274792737987;5:
> > 2533274815711361;4:
> > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > 2535452520672773;1:
> > > > will there emotes, and if so will it be spray-paint or actually spartans doing the emote
> > >
> > > It seems like spray-paint will be there from the trailer however I am mixed with emotes. We are playing 1st person so in that instance emotes always felt misplaced for me.
> >
> > I was just looking at that too (at 1:49), though I’m having a hard time telling if that was a player made spray or just apart of the map already. I am leaning towards the latter.
>
> To me it’s blatantly a spray. The color scheme does not go with the map and it’s not aged like the rest of the map textures.

Good point! Between the two I think sprays would fit more in the Halo ecosystem than emotes also.

> 2533274815711361;6:
> > 2533274792737987;5:
> > > 2533274815711361;4:
> > > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > > 2535452520672773;1:
> > > > > will there emotes, and if so will it be spray-paint or actually spartans doing the emote
> > > >
> > > > It seems like spray-paint will be there from the trailer however I am mixed with emotes. We are playing 1st person so in that instance emotes always felt misplaced for me.
> > >
> > > I was just looking at that too (at 1:49), though I’m having a hard time telling if that was a player made spray or just apart of the map already. I am leaning towards the latter.
> >
> > To me it’s blatantly a spray. The color scheme does not go with the map and it’s not aged like the rest of the map textures.
>
> Good point! Between the two I think sprays would fit more in the Halo ecosystem than emotes also.

I hope there are some mildly toxic ones in the shop like “Teabagged” ROFL

One of the things I’m looking forward to is customizing the spartans voice. (Which they said we could) About emotes, I think that would be dope…but what I would actually like…or…I guess an idea…

So we have spartan chatter in halo 5. Some don’t care for it, but I actually like it. I’ve even heard a spartan say something when I smacked a corpse before and it was hilarious…so…hear me out.

What if…along side customizing the voice…and possibly unlocking iconic voices…we were able to purchase (in game currency unlock or maybe commendations of some sorts) auto actions that happen when we are under certain circumstances…to where we can pick phrases our Spartans can say. Here’s some examples

Circumstance = shields down

• shields down! Back me up!
  • I’m 1 shot give me cover!
  • I’m blinking!

Circumstance = killing frenzy

• this is too easy!
    -who’s next!
  • ppft…amateurs (witty sarcastic)

Circumstance = running riot

• I’m unstoppable!
  • ::maniacal laughter::
  • ::roar::

Circumstance = ally spartan gets a killing frenzy, nearest spartan would say

• someone stop this man/woman!
  • they had no chance!

Circumstance = stuck with a sticky

• I’m stuck watch out!!!
  • I’m stuck save yourself!!!
  • ::screaming::

Endless possibilities with all the kinds of stuff that happens in game.

Ok maybe some of those kind of suck, but they’re just examples. Spartan chatter could be turned off in halo 5, so I’m sure a toggle would serve fine in infinite. Would this be cool though? I like the game to feel more alive, and some humor makes the game even more fun.

> 2533274792737987;5:
> > 2533274815711361;4:
> > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > 2535452520672773;1:
> > > > will there emotes, and if so will it be spray-paint or actually spartans doing the emote
> > >
> > > It seems like spray-paint will be there from the trailer however I am mixed with emotes. We are playing 1st person so in that instance emotes always felt misplaced for me.
> >
> > I was just looking at that too (at 1:49), though I’m having a hard time telling if that was a player made spray or just apart of the map already. I am leaning towards the latter.
>
> To me it’s blatantly a spray. The color scheme does not go with the map and it’s not aged like the rest of the map textures.

This part of Mombasa is being rebuilt and art pertaining to the hero of humanity would be common. That being said it could easily be a spray. I personally find sprays pointless and annoying but if they are there, whatever

> 2533274840624875;9:
> > 2533274792737987;5:
> > > 2533274815711361;4:
> > > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > > 2535452520672773;1:
> > > > > will there emotes, and if so will it be spray-paint or actually spartans doing the emote
> > > >
> > > > It seems like spray-paint will be there from the trailer however I am mixed with emotes. We are playing 1st person so in that instance emotes always felt misplaced for me.
> > >
> > > I was just looking at that too (at 1:49), though I’m having a hard time telling if that was a player made spray or just apart of the map already. I am leaning towards the latter.
> >
> > To me it’s blatantly a spray. The color scheme does not go with the map and it’s not aged like the rest of the map textures.
>
> This part of Mombasa is being rebuilt and art pertaining to the hero of humanity would be common. That being said it could easily be a spray. I personally find sprays pointless and annoying but if they are there, whatever

I play a lot of Valorant so I enjoy them. Why do you find them pointless and annoying?

> 2533274792737987;10:
> > 2533274840624875;9:
> > > 2533274792737987;5:
> > > > 2533274815711361;4:
> > > > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > > > 2535452520672773;1:
> > > > > > will there emotes, and if so will it be spray-paint or actually spartans doing the emote
> > > > >
> > > > > It seems like spray-paint will be there from the trailer however I am mixed with emotes. We are playing 1st person so in that instance emotes always felt misplaced for me.
> > > >
> > > > I was just looking at that too (at 1:49), though I’m having a hard time telling if that was a player made spray or just apart of the map already. I am leaning towards the latter.
> > >
> > > To me it’s blatantly a spray. The color scheme does not go with the map and it’s not aged like the rest of the map textures.
> >
> > This part of Mombasa is being rebuilt and art pertaining to the hero of humanity would be common. That being said it could easily be a spray. I personally find sprays pointless and annoying but if they are there, whatever
>
> I play a lot of Valorant so I enjoy them. Why do you find them pointless and annoying?

Cause they are pointless, just like emotes. You’re in a multiplayer pvp match. Emoting and painting do not add anything and purely exist as another thing to sell people. As for annoying, I find players spamming them annoying.

> 2533274840624875;11:
> > 2533274792737987;10:
> > > 2533274840624875;9:
> > > > 2533274792737987;5:
> > > > > 2533274815711361;4:
> > > > > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > > > > 2535452520672773;1:
> > > > > > > will there emotes, and if so will it be spray-paint or actually spartans doing the emote
> > > > > >
> > > > > > It seems like spray-paint will be there from the trailer however I am mixed with emotes. We are playing 1st person so in that instance emotes always felt misplaced for me.
> > > > >
> > > > > I was just looking at that too (at 1:49), though I’m having a hard time telling if that was a player made spray or just apart of the map already. I am leaning towards the latter.
> > > >
> > > > To me it’s blatantly a spray. The color scheme does not go with the map and it’s not aged like the rest of the map textures.
> > >
> > > This part of Mombasa is being rebuilt and art pertaining to the hero of humanity would be common. That being said it could easily be a spray. I personally find sprays pointless and annoying but if they are there, whatever
> >
> > I play a lot of Valorant so I enjoy them. Why do you find them pointless and annoying?
>
> Cause they are pointless, just like emotes. You’re in a multiplayer pvp match. Emoting and painting do not add anything and purely exist as another thing to sell people. As for annoying, I find players spamming them annoying.

I mean armor/weapon customization is essentially the same thing. It is just another way to “express” yourself. I can see how you can find them pointless however we must remember this is an entirely different age of gaming and these little things are enjoyed by a lot of the younger generation.

> 2533274792737987;12:
> > 2533274840624875;11:
> > > 2533274792737987;10:
> > > > 2533274840624875;9:
> > > > > 2533274792737987;5:
> > > > > > 2533274815711361;4:
> > > > > > > 2533274792737987;2:
> > > > > > > > 2535452520672773;1:
> > > > > > > > will there emotes, and if so will it be spray-paint or actually spartans doing the emote
> > > > > > >
> > > > > > > It seems like spray-paint will be there from the trailer however I am mixed with emotes. We are playing 1st person so in that instance emotes always felt misplaced for me.
> > > > > >
> > > > > > I was just looking at that too (at 1:49), though I’m having a hard time telling if that was a player made spray or just apart of the map already. I am leaning towards the latter.
> > > > >
> > > > > To me it’s blatantly a spray. The color scheme does not go with the map and it’s not aged like the rest of the map textures.
> > > >
> > > > This part of Mombasa is being rebuilt and art pertaining to the hero of humanity would be common. That being said it could easily be a spray. I personally find sprays pointless and annoying but if they are there, whatever
> > >
> > > I play a lot of Valorant so I enjoy them. Why do you find them pointless and annoying?
> >
> > Cause they are pointless, just like emotes. You’re in a multiplayer pvp match. Emoting and painting do not add anything and purely exist as another thing to sell people. As for annoying, I find players spamming them annoying.
>
> I mean armor/weapon customization is essentially the same thing. It is just another way to “express” yourself. I can see how you can find them pointless however we must remember this is an entirely different age of gaming and these little things are enjoyed by a lot of the younger generation.

You dont do any action in the match with armor and weapon skins. You have to actively go out of your way and stop playing the match, even for a second, to do a spray. So ya, id argue its a negative.

It would look great to be able to make gestures when you finish the game

The only emotes I’d personally like to see are weapon inspect ones other than that I don’t think emotes really have a place in Halo. That being said if they are in the game I won’t get bent out of shape over them.

> 2533274842046585;8:
> One of the things I’m looking forward to is customizing the spartans voice. (Which they said we could) About emotes, I think that would be dope…but what I would actually like…or…I guess an idea…
>
> So we have spartan chatter in halo 5. Some don’t care for it, but I actually like it. I’ve even heard a spartan say something when I smacked a corpse before and it was hilarious…so…hear me out.
>
> What if…along side customizing the voice…and possibly unlocking iconic voices…we were able to purchase (in game currency unlock or maybe commendations of some sorts) auto actions that happen when we are under certain circumstances…to where we can pick phrases our Spartans can say. Here’s some examples
>
> Circumstance = shields down
> - shields down! Back me up!
> - I’m 1 shot give me cover!
> - I’m blinking!
>
> Circumstance = killing frenzy
> - this is too easy!
> -who’s next!
> - ppft…amateurs (witty sarcastic)
>
> Circumstance = running riot
> - I’m unstoppable!
> - ::maniacal laughter::
> - ::roar::
>
> Circumstance = ally spartan gets a killing frenzy, nearest spartan would say
> - someone stop this man/woman!
> - they had no chance!
>
> Circumstance = stuck with a sticky
> - I’m stuck watch out!!!
> - I’m stuck save yourself!!!
> - ::screaming::
>
> Endless possibilities with all the kinds of stuff that happens in game.
>
> Ok maybe some of those kind of suck, but they’re just examples. Spartan chatter could be turned off in halo 5, so I’m sure a toggle would serve fine in infinite. Would this be cool though? I like the game to feel more alive, and some humor makes the game even more fun.

I love this idea haha.

> 2533274876257384;15:
> The only emotes I’d personally like to see are weapon inspect ones other than that I don’t think emotes really have a place in Halo. That being said if they are in the game I won’t get bent out of shape over them.

Couldn’t have said it better myself. Emotes seem like a strange thing to add, and sprays are just flat out pointless.

Can’t wait to default dance on some kids

I’m of the belief that anything which can be included for the sake of monetization will turn up in Infinite. That includes emotes, weapon inspect animations, assassinations, match intro and outro animations, Spartan voice lines.

I’d be pretty sad if emotes and sprays make it in. 343 is going all sorts of lore-heavy with this game except like the Fracture armors. I doubt they’d have a good way to canon-nize Spartan recruits training to help save humanity from what’s been going on emote dance on each other or scream hilarious voice lines or carry a spray can around to paint a magically beautiful picture of Master Chief on the Academy’s walls.

I feel it won’t happen. It wouldn’t fit Halo even if they do put them in. It wouldn’t be the first time a “new addition” was critiqued so bad, a dev team removed it for good. I could see the same thing happening if this goes down.