Emile Motorcycle Helmet

Now, I’m actually a big fan of the JFO helmet from Halo: Reach, but getting something like that actually created and authorized by the DOT would be expensive and a logistical nightmare, so instead I went about a different venture. I purchased a Bell Revolver model helmet (for the sillouette match) and collaborated with a paintbrush artist on the phone on from one side of the country to the other (literally). I get a lot of compliments both on the road and not, and given that it’s not too outrageous to paint a skull on a motorcycle helmet, one would only know where I got the design if one is a Halo fan. Given the pre-empt, here’s the linkies.

Who can dig? I can dig it! Awesome.

Thanks man! It’s too cool not to share with the Halo crowd who would enjoy it most.

Oh Yeah! That is SHINY! :slight_smile: Looks good riding down the road.

<4

It’s. Too. Unfrigginbelievablelly. Beautiful! :'D

But wouldn’t you see the skull when puting it on?

> It’s. Too. Unfrigginbelievablelly. Beautiful! :'D
>
> But wouldn’t you see the skull when puting it on?

The visor cover is filled with thousands of tiny holes so that I can see through just fine. It’s not too unlike getting your face up close to a screen in your window. The lines intersect but you can still make things out seeing through them. So, no I don’t see a skull, just a latice-like offset cross section of tiny round holes. The only time that I have trouble seeing through it is if it rains a little on my way into work because the holes plug up, but other than that it’s awesome.

> > It’s. Too. Unfrigginbelievablelly. Beautiful! :'D
> >
> > But wouldn’t you see the skull when puting it on?
>
> The visor cover is filled with thousands of tiny holes so that I can see through just fine. It’s not too unlike getting your face up close to a screen in your window. The lines intersect but you can still make things out seeing through them. So, no I don’t see a skull, just a latice-like offset cross section of tiny round holes. The only time that I have trouble seeing through it is if it rains a little on my way into work because the holes plug up, but other than that it’s awesome.

Well, don’t ride in the rain. :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey nice work, but can you look through it?^^

> The visor cover is filled with thousands of tiny holes so that I can see through just fine. It’s not too unlike getting your face up close to a screen in your window. The lines intersect but you can still make things out seeing through them. So, no I don’t see a skull, just a latice-like offset cross section of tiny round holes. The only time that I have trouble seeing through it is if it rains a little on my way into work because the holes plug up, but other than that it’s awesome.

Oh, I didn’t see them on the photos, sorry for my assumption. :stuck_out_tongue:

Wow. At first at was like, hmm… But then I saw the pictures of it in action and now I’m amazed. Pretty cool.

Someone should coin an indie film where the Noble Team are motorcyclists. That’s the only movie idea of mine I’m willing to give out for everyone to steal.

Nice!

> > > It’s. Too. Unfrigginbelievablelly. Beautiful! :'D
> > >
> > > But wouldn’t you see the skull when puting it on?
> >
> > The visor cover is filled with thousands of tiny holes so that I can see through just fine. It’s not too unlike getting your face up close to a screen in your window. The lines intersect but you can still make things out seeing through them. So, no I don’t see a skull, just a latice-like offset cross section of tiny round holes. The only time that I have trouble seeing through it is if it rains a little on my way into work because the holes plug up, but other than that it’s awesome.
>
> Well, don’t ride in the rain. :stuck_out_tongue:

Unfortunately I commute to work from 4:45 to 5:15 since the old farts that I work with like to get up at 3am to make it to work by 5:30. I’m in San Diego and have to travel SR78 to I5. The marine layer rolls in overnight pretty often which drops baby-rain. This wouldn’t make a difference on a normal visor because it’s smooth but the holes in this one catch the water and hold it until it is blown out or I dry it off. I have methods of getting around it though, there is a secondary ‘sun’ visor that drops down with a lever from the left side, and I can flip up the main visor and drop down the secondary to protect my eyes. It works, and if it’s going to be a forecast of fog then I put the clear visor on instead of the skull but I change it back at work. It’s a bit laborious but it’s f-in worth it to ride all Emile-style!

WOW, that is cool, i would take up riding a motorcycle just to wear an awesome looking helmet like that

Not a fan of Emile but anything that inspires people to create or build cant be all bad. Keep up the great work and I look forward to seeing future projects.

I like it but…Emile’s service tag is S-239.

Does not look like Emile at all, IMO. Still cool non the less.

> Does not look like Emile at all, IMO. Still cool non the less.

I beg to differ.

Seriously.

The only problem is the wrong service tag.

that belongs in the “Merchandise” tab up top… but seriously thats freakin amazing i give a thumbs up :slight_smile:

> > Does not look like Emile at all, IMO. Still cool non the less.
>
> I beg to differ.
>
> Seriously.
>
> The only problem is the wrong service tag.

So pissed that Megaman Legends 3 got cancelled. Not sure if you know but your first link is to creative uncut’s homepage for me.

> > > Does not look like Emile at all, IMO. Still cool non the less.
> >
> > I beg to differ.
> >
> > Seriously.
> >
> > The only problem is the wrong service tag.
>
> So pissed that Megaman Legends 3 got cancelled. Not sure if you know but your first link is to creative uncut.

Believe me, I know.

And I feel your pain. So very much.