Emblems IN THE GAME but not unlockable

Am I the only one who feels a little cheated that there are a large number of emblems that can never be unlocked by the player because he/she didn’t buy something specific at a certain point in time?

I know it’s a little thing, emblems shouldn’t really matter much at all, but they are the mark of our characters in the halo universe. I have seen quite a few different ones that are not unlockable by any means other than purchasing something that in a lot of areas isn’t even available any more. my prime example and the one that bugs me most is the Corbulo emblem that came with the 12+1 subscription card.) I can understand making certain ones unlockable via achievement, but there area many that no matter what we do, will never unlock for a large percentage of players.

Bungie may have made us use XP points to unlock armor, but at least if we worked at it we could unlock essentially anything in the game.

bottom line is I think all the emblems, if they are in the game, should be obtainable/unlockable solely by playing, and I feel kind of cheated that I can’t use the emblem I want to use simply because I didn’t purchase the right thing at the right time. I’m sure there are others that feel the same way.

I say this even though I own a copy of the Collectors Edition of Halo 4, and I do not think anything that came with that should be exclusive. I bought it for the map packs, and the digital access to Forward Unto Dawn (another big reason I wanted that dang emblem, lol.)

Agreed. Even so, there are some cool emblems that can be unlocked legit.

I’m kinda annoyed with this subject myself. I bought the Halo 4 edition console so I could hardly afford to buy everything else as well… I do not even know of what emblem you are referring to even because there was so much promotional only content. This is even more annoying since some where early on I remember 343 claiming the reason there was no Legendary edition was to not confuse people with all these different versions. Honestly these promotional items have been the cause of mass confusion from day 1. This coupled with the fact that microsoft has went against the user agreement on the usage of the items is extremely disappointing and has nearly convinced me to leave the series behind all together.

Could you provide a link to the Emblem and how it’s gained? I haven’t heard of it and I’m interested in what it looks like.

> I’m kinda annoyed with this subject myself. I bought the Halo 4 edition console so I could hardly afford to buy everything else as well… I do not even know of what emblem you are referring to even because there was so much promotional only content. This is even more annoying since some where early on I remember 343 claiming the reason there was no Legendary edition was to not confuse people with all these different versions. Honestly these promotional items have been the cause of mass confusion from day 1. This coupled with the fact that microsoft has went against the user agreement on the usage of the items is extremely disappointing and has nearly convinced me to leave the series behind all together.
>
> Could you provide a link to the Emblem and how it’s gained? I haven’t heard of it and I’m interested in what it looks like.

Absolutely.

this is the large version of the logo, not the actual emblem.

This is the emblem chart.

You’ll see the corbulo emblem towards the bottom right.

It is obtained via purchase of a 12+1 month halo 4 branded subscription cards.
http://www.xbox.com/en-NZ/Xbox360/Accessories/XboxLIVE/halo4xboxlive12plus1plusemblem

Confirmed with two friends who work at gamestops at different ends of my state (MI), and one who works at best buy in Grand Rapids that the cards where done being sold before the game even came out. Aprx 1-2 months before.

I could understand early access, so be it, but a 100% lock, that is just a little sad to me. Especially considering all the hype they put on FUD. I was 99% positive it would be in the game, and then I saw it…and found out there was no way to get it.

Maybe 343i will take pity if I send them a message that says “I can has Recon Courbulo?”

I know it may seem a bit butthurt to feel jilted over emblems, but it’s the principal that a large number of very cool emblems from that other section on the chart can never be had because of ends of promotions, or sold out limited editions of stuff.

I mean, you bought the LE console, and I got the LE game itself. you’d think that they would pay at least a little attention to customers.