Emblems in MicroTransactions?

Why are emblems in the Req system. If you spend real money on a req pack and get emblems or 1 emblem you should feel ripped off. 343 really made a cash-cow move putting emblems in the system. Go ahead and buy that 100 dollar pack and report back with how many emblems you get. Agree if you agree, if you disagree explain.

In the end, it’s all digital and worth nothing. Customizations, whether emblems or armor, have no use. Warzone items are useless if a player doesn’t play Warzone. Pro-tip: Don’t spend any money on REQ packs.

I bought the 20 dollar one and I got like 2 emblems. Also got my first freaking visor (dear christ those things are rare for me). But yeah, its all digital and i was just like screw it. It didn’t give me anything I couldn’t have gotten by playing a few more hours. So its whatever. I like REQ’s and the way they handled the buying packs.

My thoughts exactly. Although I also wonder what halo 5 could have been like if the upgrade and progression was a mix of halo reach and halo 4. And instead of making 20 of any given loadout weapon, make it so that you can unlock attachments for weapons with experience and commendations earned for that weapon.

People don’t realize that the microtransaction system isn’t a minor element in a game that they add in to monetize it further. It completely changes how they build and design a game and limits it’s potential so that they can make an extra buck.

Cosmetic items in microtransactions is incredibly common. You never have to pay a dime as this microstransaction system is completely optional. More complaints about non-issues.

> 2710872097136043;5:
> Cosmetic items in microtransactions is incredibly common. You never have to pay a dime as this microstransaction system is completely optional. More complaints about non-issues.

Absolutely. The req packs are optional. You earn them just by playing.

The complaints (and outright hate) happen because some of the reqs do affect Warzone gameplay. There’s a relatively small amount of those, and I understand the frustration of hoping to get armor mods and DMRs but having to wade through a bunch of cosmetic stuff. The emblems are particularly frustrating because they are the least valuable of all reqs but also the most common.

Yes, 343 wants to incentivize players to buy req packs to increase their collections faster. But the bottom line is, nobody has to. Just be patient, and realize that none of the items are game-changers. Warzone is all about skill and teamwork, not reqs. And of course there’s Arena for those who can’t control their req envy*

*unless they’re envious of a certain helmet or armor… but there’s no help for those folks. :wink: