Email notifications

Please change it so that default option is not to subscribe to every topic I post in. Just because I may have one thing to say in a thread doesn’t mean I want to be flooded with emails all day long about it.

If I want to subscribe to a topic I’ll choose to do so myself.

doesn’t do it to me when i’m replying, only on topics i start.

if you want to un-subscribe just go to options - un-watch on the post.

> Please change it so that default option is not to subscribe to every topic I post in. Just because I may have one thing to say in a thread doesn’t mean I want to be flooded with emails all day long about it.
>
> If I want to subscribe to a topic I’ll choose to do so myself.

Just don’t post in Yo until you fix that…

> doesn’t do it to me when i’m replying, only on topics i start.
>
> if you want to un-subscribe just go to options - un-watch on the post.

Mine defaults to subscribe every time I post, even if I’ve already clicked unsubscribe in the same topic before.

Most of the time I remember to unclick it, but I also spend most of my time here on my phone and just tend to forget. It gets very annoying after a while.

> > Please change it so that default option is not to subscribe to every topic I post in. Just because I may have one thing to say in a thread doesn’t mean I want to be flooded with emails all day long about it.
> >
> > If I want to subscribe to a topic I’ll choose to do so myself.
>
> Just don’t post in Yo until you fix that…

Can’t say I understand what you mean.

> > > Please change it so that default option is not to subscribe to every topic I post in. Just because I may have one thing to say in a thread doesn’t mean I want to be flooded with emails all day long about it.
> > >
> > > If I want to subscribe to a topic I’ll choose to do so myself.
> >
> > Just don’t post in Yo until you fix that…
>
> Can’t say I understand what you mean.

I was trying to be funny…Yo’s that never ending thread in General Discussion. I was suggesting that if you posted in it and forgot to turn email notifications off you’d get a lot more emails. Never mind. :stuck_out_tongue:

Anywho, have you changed your default setting through your profile page?

> Please change it so that default option is not to subscribe to every topic I post in. Just because I may have one thing to say in a thread doesn’t mean I want to be flooded with emails all day long about it.
>
> If I want to subscribe to a topic I’ll choose to do so myself.

Looks like if you go to this page: http://halo.xbox.com/Forums/yaf_cp_subscriptions.aspx (or click the “My Profile” button near the top-ish on the right, then select “Email Notification Preferences” from the list of possibilites on the left of that page), you’ll be able to change your notification preferences. One says turn 'em off completely, one says send notifications for things you’ve posted in/watched, and one says just send notifications for things you’ve watched/subscribed/whatever it’s called here. You’ve likely got the middle option selected now, which is probably a poor choice, but relatively easily fixed. That page also keeps track of things you’ve subscribed to and offers a seemingly simple way to unsubscribe.

I don’t remember if I went in there back when I registered here to select my setting, but if the default really is that middle option to get emails for everything that’s a rather silly default to have, and I’d suggest the 343 website folks consider changing the default to the third option where you only get notifications for topics you’ve decided to watch.

> > Please change it so that default option is not to subscribe to every topic I post in. Just because I may have one thing to say in a thread doesn’t mean I want to be flooded with emails all day long about it.
> >
> > If I want to subscribe to a topic I’ll choose to do so myself.
>
> Just don’t post in Yo until you fix that…

One does not simply not post in “Yo!”.

mine dosent work at all :[