Elites, WHERE?!?!?!?

A release date, confirmed, trailers with hype in their threads, but after 3 years of people asking for elites, nothing? I’m just going to assume, that 343i is going to pull a Halo 2 and just not say anything about them being in the game and LOOKY LOOKY Sangheili.

At this point is’s not even about Elite fans being represented it’s about 343i’s ability to do what fans want. For three years the MEGA thread has been bouncing around and if they can try to ignore that, then Halo is truly too far gone. It’s not head yet, hell no they’re going to ride that -Yoink- to oblivion and they’re going to have a party with all the Daedric Princes invited, and yes, including Hermaeus Mora

It’s going to be a -Yoinked!- up party if he’s there. Moving on thought, like i said it’s more about the principle that they’d ignore something like that for so long.

To those who don’t like elites because “It’s to hard to shot them from behind.” even have to agree that 3 years of this request going unanswered is BS. Even if 343i is implementing a ranked system and don’t want people trying to take advantage from the elites safety from the rear. Then just do what Halo Reach did, not include them in ranked playlist.

I’m too upset really to be making this thread because i’m probably blind to so many errors but really, I want Halo to survive,I want it to live on, for my kids to enjoy it like I did, but as far as I can see, my little girl won’t even make it to her first year, before Halo is sitting in the same pile of -Yoink- that COD is.

For the first time in my life, I’m not getting a Halo game, because i have no reason too at this point. Looks like there might be a good story, great, I’ll just watch it on youtube. No difference to me, gameplay already looked like something i 'd really not like but I haven’t tried it so my opinion on it doesn’t really matter.

Elites are for me and so many others the return of Halo. Just to show that 343i cares.

This really isn’t a thread that demands replies. Think of it as a sticky note that your roommate left on the fridge, saying “call the exterminator, I’ll be back when the roaches are gone.”

To my fellow sangheili community members. This wasn’t an entire waste, at least I had fun meeting up with alot of you guys and playing some good old Halo.

Some good OLD Halo.

Have fun with whatever else the industry has to offer. Elites won’t freakin work in Halo 5. First of all, the multiplayer is spartan simulation training on the Infinity. Second, elites can’t ground pound, boost, etc.

Ranger elites have been shown to have some type of jetpack ability which I think could be used as a boost.

> 2533274904245048;3:
> Ranger elites have been shown to have some type of jetpack ability which I think could be used as a boost.

Still, Elites would look funky if they tried ground pounding. They aren’t bio enhanced dudes with steel bones and titanium knuckles. Unless you want a an elite to shatter their knuckle and howl in agony, yeah…

With all the noise people make about equal starts, I’m surprised they’d advocate for being able to change your model’s hitboxes.

I don’t know why people get so angry about Elites being unplayable. I also would like Elites to come back; just 'cause they were cool, but it’s not like they made the game any better. Their absence is most likely because of balancing issues. Either way, it’s not that big of a deal. If you were playing Halo simply to play as an Elite then it’s pretty much undeniable that you were playing Halo for the wrong reasons.

Also, I think you should at least wait until 343 gives confirmation that the Elites aren’t coming back before you launch a tirade. 343 has been giving us everything we’ve asked for in Halo 5; they even brought the SPNKR back at our request. I think it’s more than likely that Elites will be making a return in some way, and if they don’t they probably have a very legitimate reason for it.

> 2533274812492056;6:
> I don’t know why people get so angry about Elites being unplayable. I also would like Elites to come back; just 'cause they were cool, but it’s not like they made the game any better. Their absence is most likely because of balancing issues. Either way, it’s not that big of a deal. If you were playing Halo simply to play as an Elite then it’s pretty much undeniable that you were playing Halo for the wrong reasons.
>
> Also, I think you should at least wait until 343 gives confirmation that the Elites aren’t coming back before you launch a tirade. 343 has been giving us everything we’ve asked for in Halo 5; they even brought the SPNKR back at our request. I think it’s more than likely that Elites will be making a return in some way, and if they don’t they probably have a very legitimate reason for it.

I keep thinking that you’re me. Since I first made my waypoint account I had that same profile pic, then I see your name through the corner of my eye and think “I didn’t post anything”, then realize it doesn’t say Anguirus, it says Arparagus.

> 2533274882999606;7:
> > 2533274812492056;6:
> >
>
>
> I keep thinking that you’re me. Since I first made my waypoint account I had that same profile pic, then I see your name throgh the corner of my eye and think “I didn’t post anything”, then realize it doesn’t say Anguirus, it says Arparagus.

Haha, I had that problem on Bungie.net a while ago (a time before Destiny crushed my dreams). Too many people were using Ghost as their avatar, so I switched back to the classic B.O.B. picture from Marathon after a while.

You just can’t accept change

> 2533274882999606;2:
> Have fun with whatever else the industry has to offer. Elites won’t freakin work in Halo 5. First of all, the multiplayer is spartan simulation training on the Infinity. Second, elites can’t ground pound, boost, etc.

Video games at about being fun. Realism didn’t come in until every game was required to have a storyline and campaign. 343i can do whatever they want to the lore to make Elites be playable.

The way I see it is 343 wants to add them, but it’s not a high priority. In a recent canon fodder, it was stated that Human-Sangheili joint military training exercises do exist as part of the ANVIL initiative. That sets the fiction up perfectly for it. But they are ultimately a cosmetic feature, and thus not as important as gamemodes, balancing, sandbox, level design and the like. They haven’t made an explicit statement yet just in case they can’t make it in time. If 343 has time, they probably will. If they don’t, they probably won’t.

I don’t understand how this is such a huge deal.

> 2533274882999606;2:
> Have fun with whatever else the industry has to offer. Elites won’t freakin work in Halo 5. First of all, the multiplayer is spartan simulation training on the Infinity. Second, elites can’t ground pound, boost, etc.

Umm, The ANVIL Initiative proves otherwise that Spartans and Elites trained together…and yes they most certainly could do all that.

Sangheili Rangers have thruster packs, or did people forget that part? -_-

> 2533274943814993;5:
> With all the noise people make about equal starts, I’m surprised they’d advocate for being able to change your model’s hitboxes.

One of the misunderstandings of the elite situation. In halo 2/3 they had the same hitboxes as spartans. Only in Reach were the hitboxes different, and that was by design.

Besides the Elites in H2A multiplayer are balanced very well in conjunction with spartans, proving that it works.

> 2533274882999606;4:
> > 2533274904245048;3:
> > Ranger elites have been shown to have some type of jetpack ability which I think could be used as a boost.
>
>
> Still, Elites would look funky if they tried ground pounding. They aren’t bio enhanced dudes with steel bones and titanium knuckles. Unless you want a an elite to shatter their knuckle and howl in agony, yeah…

Wrong, they may not be augmented, but they are on par with Spartans in terms of combat and strength.
Read First Strike

> 2533274882999606;2:
> Have fun with whatever else the industry has to offer. Elites won’t freakin work in Halo 5. First of all, the multiplayer is spartan simulation training on the Infinity. Second, elites can’t ground pound, boost, etc.

Elites can work in halo 5, the simulation thing is a lazy excuse to keep things out of MP. Elites can ground pound, they are strong enough to fight spartans one on one, they could to an evade like in reach for the thrust. They also have jump jets.

> 2533274898131165;16:
> > 2533274882999606;2:
> > Have fun with whatever else the industry has to offer. Elites won’t freakin work in Halo 5. First of all, the multiplayer is spartan simulation training on the Infinity. Second, elites can’t ground pound, boost, etc.
>
>
> Elites can work in halo 5, the simulation thing is a lazy excuse to keep things out of MP. Elites can ground pound, they are strong enough to fight spartans one on one, they could to an evade like in reach for the thrust. They also have jump jets.

Who the hell calls jet packs “jump jets”? lmfao

To be honest the lack of Sangheili in Halo 4 is the reason I only played it’s multiplayer for about a month before getting bored of it. 96% of my Reach career was in Invasion for a reason.

Don’t really have any intention to buy this game without Sangheili in it. I’ll just rent it once for the story otherwise.

> 2533274812492056;6:
> Either way, it’s not that big of a deal. If you were playing Halo simply to play as an Elite then it’s pretty much undeniable that you were playing Halo for the wrong reasons.

I play Halo for more than just sangheili. But the sangheili sub-community is where I reside within the overall Halo community. So if my portion of the community is not being supported by the developers, then why should I bother getting the game?