Elites to be playable in Halo 5

One thing I truly want returned in Halo 5 is the Elites. Halo 4 was awesome but it lacked the Elites. Which I was not to happy with, the fact that they decided to not have the elites playable in Matchmaking was a dumb move on their part. But after a month I learn to let it go. I still want them to bring them back for Halo 5. I know H2A will have them in nicer details but I’m only hoping for the Beta and the full game of Halo 5.

And let’s not forget the cool stuff that came with reach. Like Invasion, or Spartans vs Elites. I miss those game types. Even tho I can easily play them on reach, I still want them to return in the future Halo games.

But yeah, the elites are what I’m hoping they’ll return.

Seeing as there is a big focus on the Arbiter and possibly the Elite homeworld, I think it is highly likely.

Can I recommend taking this over to the Elite Mega-Thread of the same topic?

> Seeing as there is a big focus on the Arbiter and possibly the Elite homeworld, I think it is highly likely.

Agreed. I just wonder if they’ll be gameplay differences like in Halo: Reach or if they’ll have the same hitboxes/characteristics as Spartan, such as in Halo 2 and 3?

I 100% agree with the topic.
The Elites are a big part of Halo and they have been playable species in Halo Reach.
I hope that 343i would bring them back in Halo 5 and also return The Invasion game mode from Halo Reach which basically was Elites vs Spartans.
and I hope that the elites would have lots of armor options to choose from like the spartans.

I never understood why people got so disappointed by no playable elites.
Sure, they’re cool and all but they don’t change the gameplay that much… They’re just a little bit more bulky than a spartan, that’s about it.

> I never understood why people got so disappointed by no playable elites.
> Sure, they’re cool and all but they don’t change the gameplay that much… They’re just a little bit more bulky than a spartan, that’s about it.

Because it’s a level of customization that changes more than a piece of your body. Why bother use EOD when it plays no different to Mark VI or Defender?

> > I never understood why people got so disappointed by no playable elites.
> > Sure, they’re cool and all but they don’t change the gameplay that much… They’re just a little bit more bulky than a spartan, that’s about it.
>
> Because it’s a level of customization that changes more than a piece of your body. Why bother use EOD when it plays no different to Mark VI or Defender?

But if we’re going to see it like that, what’s the point in playing the Elite? It’s just a different player model, why not just play as a spartan? And especially since the spartan is smaller it has a smaller hitbox than the elites. You get a disadvantage too.

I do understand that people want to use it for machinimas and to play around with in customs and such but in competitive multiplayer I just don’t see the point.

> > > I never understood why people got so disappointed by no playable elites.
> > > Sure, they’re cool and all but they don’t change the gameplay that much… They’re just a little bit more bulky than a spartan, that’s about it.
> >
> > Because it’s a level of customization that changes more than a piece of your body. Why bother use EOD when it plays no different to Mark VI or Defender?
>
> But if we’re going to see it like that, what’s the point in playing the Elite? It’s just a different player model, why not just play as a spartan? And especially since the spartan is smaller it has a smaller hitbox than the elites. You get a disadvantage too.
>
> I do understand that people want to use it for machinimas and to play around with in customs and such but in competitive multiplayer I just don’t see the point.

In Halo 2-3, they have basically the same hitbox, (minus the head sticking out). And any difference is just a millimeter of space between the two, so it’s not bad enough to actually notice.

And I prefer to play as an Elite because it adds depth to my play experience. No offense to Spartan players, but being a Spartan just gets boring after a while. Plus, to me, Elites are much cooler characters in story.

Alien lizard samurai < Space super soldier

> > > > I never understood why people got so disappointed by no playable elites.
> > > > Sure, they’re cool and all but they don’t change the gameplay that much… They’re just a little bit more bulky than a spartan, that’s about it.
> > >
> > > Because it’s a level of customization that changes more than a piece of your body. Why bother use EOD when it plays no different to Mark VI or Defender?
> >
> > But if we’re going to see it like that, what’s the point in playing the Elite? It’s just a different player model, why not just play as a spartan? And especially since the spartan is smaller it has a smaller hitbox than the elites. You get a disadvantage too.
> >
> > I do understand that people want to use it for machinimas and to play around with in customs and such but in competitive multiplayer I just don’t see the point.
>
> In Halo 2-3, they have basically the same hitbox, (minus the head sticking out). And any difference is just a millimeter of space between the two, so it’s not bad enough to actually notice.
>
> And I prefer to play as an Elite because it adds depth to my play experience. No offense to Spartan players, but being a Spartan just gets boring after a while. Plus, to me, Elites are much cooler characters in story.
>
> Alien lizard samurai > Space super soldier

Fixed.

Eh. Elites in Halo 2 and 3 really didn’t do much but add hitboxes to the game that felt inconsistent. It didn’t do much but annoy.

In Reach they were actually different characters, mechanically, and I think that making them more unique and fun is the best way to go about Elites moving forward.

I sure hope Elites will be playable again. I always played as an Elite in Halo 2 as I thought they were much cooler than the Spartans. In Halo 3 the Spartans had more armor customization, yes, but I still played as an Elite more often than not. The Elites were great for Reach multiplayer games like Invasion, which I’ve played more than any other game type! I was disappointed that they were excluded in Halo 4. They should not only bring Elites back into multiplayer for Halo 5 but it would rock if Invasion and other Spartans vs. Elites game modes were added as well.

I’ve been wanting them back for a long time now. I’d say Halo 4 was the game I played the least because Elites were not in.

I also don’t care what people think. I don’t play the competitive playlists much anyway unless there was something I can unlock.

I play social matches most of the time anyway.

Does no one remember how annoying the Elite hit boxes were in Halo 3? Literally they would turn around and become impossible to headshot. If Elites were to return as playable model, it should be restricted to Elite vs Elite game types and Classic Invasion game types.