Elite's playable In Halo 5?

So will Elite’s be playable in Halo 5? I hope so since they wern’t in Halo 4. What do you all think? I like the elites better then the spartans anyway.

My guess would be yes, at least in some modes.

we’re better off without them (in MP) is my opinion, not only are their problems with hitboxes but also they make it harder to create customizations because instead of having a single model to build off of they use multiple and either they ignore one to a large degree or they put a great deal of effort into both which just means that overall you’ll see less armor permutations and the like.

I wouldn’t mind them in something that was at its core asymmetrical like invasion but that’s about it IMO.

Well they were playable in Halo 2,3,and Reach. If Bungie did it for 3 games in the sries without hitbox issues, I’m sure it could happen again. Plus the Halo 4 disc couldn’t hold as much data as Xbox one Discs. The Xbox One Discs can hold 4 games (Halo MCC), so that’s a lot of data, and there shouldn’t be an excuse to NOT include Elite’s in not just the MCC but also Halo 5. They were playable not only in Invasion but also Grifball. I’d like to play as one in custom games too. I just think they are more badass then the Spartans with the Energy Swords and stuff.

I hope they are playable in Halo 5 though. Playing just as a Spartan in Halo 4 kind of ruined it for me. After all the Spartans are at war with the Covenant, so it would make sense to have Spartans VS Elites again too.

> So will Elite’s be playable in Halo 5? I hope so since they wern’t in Halo 4. What do you all think? I like the elites better then the spartans anyway.

No word yet about Elites in multiplayer. We’re still waiting for word on that subject.

> Well they were playable in Halo 2,3,and Reach. If <mark>Bungie did it for 3 games in the sries without hitbox issues,</mark> I’m sure it could happen again. Plus the Halo 4 disc couldn’t hold as much data as Xbox one Discs. The Xbox One Discs can hold 4 games (Halo MCC), so that’s a lot of data, and there shouldn’t be an excuse to NOT include Elite’s in not just the MCC but also Halo 5. They were playable not only in Invasion but also Grifball. I’d like to play as one in custom games too. I just think they are more badass then the Spartans with the Energy Swords and stuff.
>
> I hope they are playable in Halo 5 though. Playing just as a Spartan in Halo 4 kind of ruined it for me. After all the Spartans are at war with the Covenant, so it would make sense to have Spartans VS Elites again too.

There were issues. In Halos 2 & 3, they shared the same hitboxes as spartans, so they had to be modified to fit spartan size, rather than retaining their natural stature that they had in Reach.

The problem with Reach’s elites were that because they were allowed to retain their actual size, they had different hitboxes. Elites had bigger head hitboxes making them easier to hit, so BUNGiE countered this with a shield buff. (Spartans were 5sks with a DMR, Elites were 6sks).

In a competitive PvP setting the difference in hitboxes is an issue, and from every other perspective dumbing elite models down is also a downgrade. Thus elites have definite MP issues.

> Well they were playable in Halo 2,3,and Reach. If Bungie did it for 3 games in the sries without hitbox issues, I’m sure it could happen again. Plus the Halo 4 disc couldn’t hold as much data as Xbox one Discs. The Xbox One Discs can hold 4 games (Halo MCC), so that’s a lot of data, and there shouldn’t be an excuse to NOT include Elite’s in not just the MCC but also Halo 5. They were playable not only in Invasion but also Grifball. I’d like to play as one in custom games too. I just think they are more badass then the Spartans with the Energy Swords and stuff.
>
> I hope they are playable in Halo 5 though. Playing just as a Spartan in Halo 4 kind of ruined it for me. After all the Spartans are at war with the Covenant, so it would make sense to have Spartans VS Elites again too.

in halo 2/3 it was practically impossible to shoot an elite in the back of the head, that is what I was talking about.

what your character looks like is about the 20th most important issue at best, what matters is how the game feels and plays, I just don’t understand the obsession with things like customization, don’t me wrong I played as an elite in halo 3 (didn’t get to play halo 2 :frowning: ) and I always loved playing as elites in reach (that needle rifle was my favorite despite how underpowered it was) so I love elites, I also enjoy making my Spartan look -Yoink!- and even enjoy that pokemon card UI however at no point in time will I ever pretend that player customization is of more importance than gameplay, if halo 5 looked like CE and played like H1, 2, or 3 I would be satisfied.

Truly in my opinion we as the players should have more of a choice then just 2 races, i mean i can understand if that is difficult to develop more races that we players can choose, but what I would like is to be able to play as Spartans, Elites, AND Brutes and have little differences for each race to make them “unique” in there own way.

The hit box’s of all 3 would be the same but have it so that Brutes do 150% more melee damage (can change in gametype settings), and Elites have more health, and Spartans have more shields or something like that.

I can understand if that is hard or will take to long to do, but that is just something I would truly LOVE to see.

> Truly in my opinion we as the players should have more of a choice then just 2 races, i mean i can understand if that is difficult to develop more races that we players can choose, but what I would like is to be able to play as Spartans, Elites, AND Brutes and have little differences for each race to make them “unique” in there own way.
>
> The hit box’s of all 3 would be the same but have it so that Brutes do 150% more melee damage (can change in gametype settings), and Elites have more health, and Spartans have more shields or something like that.
>
> I can understand if that is hard or will take to long to do, but that is just something I would truly LOVE to see.

Halo is an arena shooter, meaning that its about equal starts and map control, so no halo probably shouldn’t do that but I can see for certain gametypes or modes 343i doing something along those lines, the berserk ability for the Brute would be cool I think.

I even wouldn’t mind if they went all out and made grunts and jackals and prometheans and the flood and stuff like that playable, just don’t make that the main focus of the game and that would be fine.

A better place to ask this would be in Mat Man’s superthread. It was created before the release of Halo 4 and is still pretty active.

Personally, one of my biggest hopes for Halo 5G is the return of Elite player models in matchmaking, as I’ve said in the aforementioned thread. They add a nice variety to the series and were present even in the most popular Halo titles.

> > Truly in my opinion we as the players should have more of a choice then just 2 races, i mean i can understand if that is difficult to develop more races that we players can choose, but what I would like is to be able to play as Spartans, Elites, AND Brutes and have little differences for each race to make them “unique” in there own way.
> >
> > The hit box’s of all 3 would be the same but have it so that Brutes do 150% more melee damage (can change in gametype settings), and Elites have more health, and Spartans have more shields or something like that.
> >
> > I can understand if that is hard or will take to long to do, but that is just something I would truly LOVE to see.
>
> Halo is an arena shooter, meaning that its about equal starts and map control, so no halo probably shouldn’t do that but I can see for certain gametypes or modes 343i doing something along those lines, the berserk ability for the Brute would be cool I think.
>
> I even wouldn’t mind if they went all out and made grunts and jackals and prometheans and the flood and stuff like that playable, just don’t make that the main focus of the game and that would be fine.

I see your point, that does make sense, but I do still like the idea of being able to play as other races, even if its just for a specific gamemode, such as Spartans and Elites being the “all around” races. and Brutes and Jackals being firefight type gamemode only races, but hey, that’s just my opinion.

> A better place to ask this would be in Mat Man’s superthread. It was created before the release of Halo 4 and is still pretty active.
>
> Personally, one of my biggest hopes for Halo 5G is the return of Elite player models in matchmaking, as I’ve said in the aforementioned thread. They add a nice variety to the series and were present even in the most popular Halo titles.

when you say halo 5G you make halo sound like an Apple product, just saying.

There’s no telling. It would be cool if they said that there will be Elite abilities along with Spartan. I think the whole multiplayer will use the Infinity thing, but there’s no rule that says the Infinity can’t generate Sangheili simulations.

I want elites playable in multiplayer pretty bad. I don’t want Halo Reach’s crap where you could pretty much only play with them on Invasion, I want it Halo 2 and 3 style where you can play them on any gamemode. Also hitboxes, elite players will have to deal with it if they want to play as elites. Hopefully elites aren’t big and ugly like in Halo Reach and Halo 4. Hopefully they’ll be like Halo 2 Anniversary campaigns elites but I seriously doubt it.

I want them back. I miss the blargs even if I predominantly use Spartans. Plus, 343’s way of canonizing MP was really weak and most people called what it was going to be before they even announced it.

It’d be easier and make more people happy if elites came back to MP and for anyone who doesn’t want them back because their hitboxes were different. It wasn’t radically changed and even so you get used to it really fast so it isn’t enough of a reason to warrant leaving them out.

Besides think of the mega thread of people arguing for elites to come back, clearly it is an important thing to them.

It would be interesting for particular game types or playlists if Elites had different stats than Spartans. Like they have less shield health but more body health, move faster but have bigger hit boxes.

When 343i stay consistent (what I personally hope they do) with their multiplayer concepts “Arena” and “Spartan Abilities” then I do not see any Elites appearing in it.

> It would be interesting for particular game types or playlists if Elites had different stats than Spartans. Like they have less shield health but more body health, move faster but have bigger hit boxes.

Maybe in particuclar playlists, but I don’t want to see Elite player models confined to one playlist again. It makes them almost nonexistent.

> When 343i stays consistent (what I personally hope they do) with their multiplayer concepts “Arena” and “Spartan Abilities” then I do not see any Elites appearing in it.

My hope is that 343i will make them seperate playlists, and that they will add other innovations in other places and simply tweak and refine Halo 4’s mechanics for the actual MM experience. I’m not sure if I want to see them going backwards and simplifying the game.

As much as I Hate elites they must bring them to Halo 5 since some Military Dino clans need the elites however it all just creates more activity for the UNSC Clans like mine to destroy some dinosaurs.

Dear God, bring 'em back. As a machinima director, I felt SO screwed over by the fact that Halo 4 just erased them out of the game. It’s a make or break point for me with Halo 5.