elites in cutscenes

I finally realised what had been bugging me about the Spartan Ops cutscenes; The elites have no shields and are all the same rank (cause its so hard to change the character skin right?) so even Jul M’dama is a lowly blue rank :stuck_out_tongue:
Whats the point in having Crimson team when everyone else on infinity can take Kights and Elites out in one shot eh? xD

They have shields, they just usually get taken down with assassinations. Also, shields are way weaker in canon than they are in game-play, this is obvious in the books.

> They have shields, they just usually get taken down with assassinations. Also, shields are way weaker in canon than they are in game-play, this is obvious in the books.

This.

Also, there wouldn’t be a whole lot of different ranks and stuff like that among the Elites because the Covenant you encounter in Halo 4 is a rogue splinter faction of the Covenant we know from past Halo games.

> They have shields, they just usually get taken down with assassinations. Also, shields are way weaker in canon than they are in game-play, this is obvious in the books.

Yeah but you have to admit it’s pretty stupid that in the CGI Jul 'Mdamas army is made of 100% Elite Minors. And there’s no way you can justify Palmer killing Promethean Knights with pistols, unless she has the CE Pistols or something.

I know in the canon they have lower shields, and i can understand why (cutscenes with 10 minutes of shooting would get dull) its just amusing how knights go down in one hit whereas in game even on easy a pistol takes multiples shots.
And considering Jul 'Madama was a keep master i doubt he’d be wearing minor armour lol

What bugs me is:

1. Elites have no shield break animation

2. They are all wearing “minor” armour

3. Jul Doesn’t have general armour

So I guess nobody noticed the giant hologram on Jul’s head?

> So I guess nobody noticed the giant hologram on Jul’s head?

This.

He also has stylized shoulder pads and the armor covering his torso is different (Not to mention plastered with the Didact’s Hand symbol). I said it a little while ago in this same thread - the Covenant we encounter in Halo 4 is a rogue, splinter faction of the Covenant we’re used to. They’re not going to have all the same supplies and fancy armor that previous ones would have had.

> I know in the canon they have lower shields, and i can understand why (cutscenes with 10 minutes of shooting would get dull) its just amusing how knights go down in one hit whereas in game even on easy a pistol takes multiples shots.
> And considering Jul 'Madama was a keep master i doubt he’d be wearing minor armour lol

Since when does Jul wear Minor armour? He’s wearing black armour.

Also, these Covenant aren’t ranked by their colour, they’re ranked by their armour.