Elites are missing their skin suit.

skin suit, or jell layer. I don’t really know that actual name of it.

I know their armor is different because they’re supposed to be rouge or what ever. But this particular armorer piece is crucial for their survival. In every halo game, Elites have always had a skin suit underneath their actual armor. It’s what gave them the ability to survive in areas, like space, it probably pressurized their bodies when fighting in low pressure zones (like space) or high pressure environments on some planets. They NEED that part of armor, or else they would simply die when in space. Shielding alone wont protect them from something like that.

Without that skin suit, Elites in that human frigate (assuming all the pressure in that ship has leaked out over the years) Would freeze, or explode form the depressurization. it is physically impossible for them to survive, let alone fight on that ship.

MC has one as well, it’s what’s keeping him alive in space. All the Elites should die as soon as they hop out of the boarding pods (or drop ships) when they board that ship.

Hell, the Elites SHOULD be wearing their own space suits (from halo 2 and 3) to be able to breathe in space. 343 could have just edited that armor to make it look rouge like, rather then just sending the elites into a zero pressure location with no protection form it what so ever.

There’s fire on the ship. There’s sound in space. I don’t think it matters. It’s not real life.

Pretty sure there is still pressure on parts of the ship.

> There’s fire on the ship. There’s sound in space. I don’t think it matters. It’s not real life.

Fire probably from sealed gas tanks that are bursting.

The sounds are shock waves, you’re only able to hear them in while out in space is because you have oxygen in your suit, the sound that traveled through space is causing that air to vibrate to create the sound that you hear.

> Pretty sure there is still pressure on parts of the ship.

Explain why the air in the room the chief was in was sucked out when he opened that one door, the door the Elite was behind, that area that had no pressure.

> > There’s fire on the ship. There’s sound in space. I don’t think it matters. It’s not real life.
>
> Fire probably from sealed gas tanks that are bursting.
>
> The sounds are shock waves, you’re only able to hear them in while out in space is because you have oxygen in your suit, the sound that traveled through space is causing that air to vibrate to create the sound that you hear.

Sound can’t travel through space :stuck_out_tongue:

> > > There’s fire on the ship. There’s sound in space. I don’t think it matters. It’s not real life.
> >
> > Fire probably from sealed gas tanks that are bursting.
> >
> > The sounds are shock waves, you’re only able to hear them in while out in space is because you have oxygen in your suit, the sound that traveled through space is causing that air to vibrate to create the sound that you hear.
>
> Sound can’t travel through space :stuck_out_tongue:

In halo 2, they had to have some sound in space so you would be aware of what was going on around you.

unlike in star wars where it’s over done.

In the GI commentary of the first mission Cortana states that there is still pressure on some parts of the ship.

> > Pretty sure there is still pressure on parts of the ship.
>
> Explain why the air in the room the chief was in was sucked out when he opened that one door, the door the Elite was behind, that area that had no pressure.

1. it could have just had low pressure
  2. read how chief was thrown all over the place. He could have got back up were he came from and the elite came form behind or the elite came from a different door.

> In the GI commentary of the first mission Cortana states that there is still pressure on some parts of the ship.

With the air being uscked out of the area where the chief is pretty much explains that he’ll be traveling through one of those depressurized areas, and in that area is an Elite with no protection from the lack of pressure.

> > > Pretty sure there is still pressure on parts of the ship.
> >
> > Explain why the air in the room the chief was in was sucked out when he opened that one door, the door the Elite was behind, that area that had no pressure.
>
> 1) it could have just had low pressure
> 2) read how chief was thrown all over the place. He could have got back up were he came from and the elite came form behind or the elite came from a different door.

We’ll have to wait and see. But if there are any Elites coming from an area where there is no pressure, then the game is breaking physics.

The same goes for grunts. The only armor they have is a gas tank, nothing to actually protect their bodies from the zero pressure areas. Even super low pressure is dangerous. (it can cause your blood to boil.)

Rouge Elites? That would be a frighteningly bright color of armor. Scary though…

Or do you mean rogue?

> Rouge Elites? That would be a frighteningly bright color of armor. Scary though…
>
> Or do you mean rogue?

Send in the Maroons!

> Rouge Elites? That would be a frighteningly bright color of armor. Scary though…
>
> Or do you mean rogue?

Oh hey, lets attack the OP’s typos and completely Derail the thread.

> Send in the Maroons!

You sir, made my day.

The spec op elite had some under armor

Parts of the ship are still pressurized.

As for the Grunts, for god’s sake people, we’ve seen ONE type of Grunt from one screenshot, for all we know there’s vacuum-sealed ones like the Grunt Ultras in Reach.

“Room the Chief was in had its air sucked out”? What? Where did you get that information from, because i don’t recall reading about any depressurizations yet in that level.

Finally, sound cannot travel in space. You hear sounds in space in the games for the sake of gameplay, so you know what’s going on etc., but in real life you wouldn’t hear a thing (but your own breathing) unless it’s transmitted by radio. You know the saying “In space, no-one can hear you scream”? It’s true.

> The sounds are shock waves, you’re only able to hear them in while out in space is because you have oxygen in your suit, the sound that traveled through space is causing that air to vibrate to create the sound that you hear.

Only the shockwave is going to stop dead as soon as it hits space.

Shockwaves by their very nature are a compression of the matter around the original item, this compression pushes the outside elements away, which compress the elements past the shockwave’s leading edge and this repeats so on until the energy is dissipated.

As soon as that shockwave hits the hull of the ship separating the air from space, the hull is going to vibrate and that’s it. There’s nothing on the other side of the hull to compress and propagate the shockwave. You suit full of air on the other side out in space doesn’t matter.

Pertaining to your OP: It doesn’t matter if they have the gel layer or not, soon as that open face mask hits vacuum they are dead. Their body being sucked out through their eye sockets.

As for how they are in the pressurized parts of the ship that have been left freezing cold to preserve power? Pick any out of thin air reason you like, such as “They hacked the ship and warmed it up so they could board it.” For a more lazy version, just go with “Who cares?”

I think the reason for the missing under armor is to show that they are rogue soldiers. I.E lack of under armor and arm armor.