Elite news killed my excitement for multiplayer

I’m trying to stay excited, I want to be excited, but I feel so disappointed. I guess I played too much h3 as an elite over the years and got too sentimental, now I really just don’t want to play as a spartan.
I feel so let down, but I guess that’s my own fault for getting myself hopeful in the first place when nothing was confirmed. I was never expecting as much customization for Elites as Spartans got but I am very surprised they chose to take the h4/5 route and leave elites out entirely.

If the story is good I will still enjoy the campaign, but I just cant get into Halo MP without my space dino ninja playermodel. I hope Elites get added in a future expansion/patch so I can fully enjoy a new multiplayer experience with you all, until then I hope you guys at least have fun <3

Not at all i actually played with them maybe 10 times in halo and the only halo I did play a bit with is halo reach. It doesn’t bother me

Not sure why this is a big meme but there were barely any elites in MP as it was and most of them were pretty bad players. Bandwagon hate hype is real. The actual bad news is dual wielding…

> 2533274873198179;2:
> Not at all i actually played with them maybe 10 times in halo and the only halo I did play a bit with is halo reach. It doesn’t bother me

That’s fine :slight_smile: I don’t expect it to bug everyone like it bugs me. Not everyone has played an elite since they were in junior high, I don’t expect everyone to have the same level of attachment. Hopefully people can see where I am coming from though.

> 2533274798187381;3:
> Not sure why this is a big meme but there were barely any elites in MP as it was and most of them were pretty bad players. Bandwagon hate hype is real. The actual bad news is dual wielding…

Well being a good player shouldnt be the only metric of an opinion being valid. Though I can agree RIP dual wielding

I’m also disappointed by the lack of playable elites in the 343 era, I will still be playing infinite though. The mechanics always meant much more to me than the aesthetics, although in a game were the atmosphere is as important to players are I think many are within their right to be upset and give up on the series.

There were many players who played elites in reach and halo 3, at least one every round and they were some of my favorite players. I hope to see them again in infinite but many of them gave up on Halo after H5 and MCC debacles.

> 2535426016066066;4:
> Well being a good player shouldnt be the only metric of an opinion being valid. Though I can agree RIP dual wielding

Which is why I also said that you barely saw elites as it was…

I don’t understand why you can’t enjoy it with a different player model that you only see when you die. Every single element besides your death screen is exactly the same. Unless you use multiplayer as some sort of RP, why deprive yourself of the actual gameplay?

Playable Elites should be mandatory at this stage… Don’t know why 343 hates them so much

> 2535431933064458;7:
> I don’t understand why you can’t enjoy it with a different player model that you only see when you die. Every single element besides your death screen is exactly the same. Unless you use multiplayer as some sort of RP, why deprive yourself of the actual gameplay?

I mean you could say the same about spartan armor customization, but its dear to a large number of the community.

> 2533274798187381;6:
> > 2535426016066066;4:
> > Well being a good player shouldnt be the only metric of an opinion being valid. Though I can agree RIP dual wielding
>
> Which is why I also said that you barely saw elites as it was…

That’s strange. I play h3 8v8 a lot and I see at least one other elite in pretty much every lobby. There is usually less, but I wouldn’t say elite players are rare.

Hasn’t completely killed the game for me. But, it is a great disappointment. Especially after a decade of not having them included. Sure, most people played as Spartans, but seeing Elites in multiplayer and custom games added to the experience. It was something unique to Halo. And for anyone who says “it was only in a few games”, yeah, it was. That’s true. Halo 2, Halo 3, and Halo Reach. Notably, games far better and more iconic than anything 343i has produced (not trying to belittle 343i). It also means no invasion 2.0, which is very disappointing.

I never cared about elites in multiplayer. I still don’t. Right now less than what, 15-20 percent of players play as an elite. The last three? games you couldn’t play as an elite. I feel like it’s not that big of a deal, and people are just looking for reasons to be upset.
Personally I am glad, and the fact that they are doing Spartans only in order to help foster a more competitive multiplayer is a good thing in my mind.
I am sorry for all the people who had their hearts set on playing as elites, but I also question, why? Why did you even think we would be able to do that? Why do you care so much that it is legitimately ruining your hype for the game??

> 2533274798231218;12:
> I never cared about elites in multiplayer. I still don’t. Right now less than what, 15-20 percent of players play as an elite. The last three? games you couldn’t play as an elite. I feel like it’s not that big of a deal, and people are just looking for reasons to be upset.
> Personally I am glad, and the fact that they are doing Spartans only in order to help foster a more competitive multiplayer is a good thing in my mind.
> I am sorry for all the people who had their hearts set on playing as elites, but I also question, why? Why did you even think we would be able to do that? Why do you care so much that it is legitimately ruining your hype for the game??

Personally, I’ve just had so many experiences over the years playing as an elite that the ambiance feels off when I cant.
I guess like everyone else I want to be have new Halo experiences, but still have that familiar Halo feel to a game and Elites are an important part of that familiar experience for me.

And I’m sure Elites could be implemented again without affecting the competitive nature of Halo, It doesn’t seem to change the competitive nature of mcc h3 and h2A games I’ve been in.

I strongly dislike playable Elites so I’m glad they won’t be making a return anytime soon.

> 2533274800521306;14:
> I strongly dislike playable Elites so I’m glad they won’t be making a return anytime soon.

I’m not sure why you would feel that way, but to each their own I guess.

I’m neither here nor there on Elites. I didn’t enjoy playing as them in MP. Not as fussed playing against them.

I think the key here is the time and effort required by 343 to implement them. They would have to build, texture, and animate the models. Then add sounds. Armour and coat them. It would not be an undertaking for the light hearted. And then you have to balance everything in MP (at a time when they are desperately trying to balance the core game itself).

It’s almost certainly not worth 343’s resources for a small (but passionate / vocal) part of the community.

Just for custom games anyway.

Halo Infinite, as far as we can tell, doesn’t have the Arbiter playable in Campaign… but when he does (and I hope he does) in the future… it will be a relatively lower cost to expand his assets into MP for the lizard fans.

I’ve actually forgotten what it’s like to play as an Elite in MP. Therefore I neither miss it nor wish for them to come back because I’m quite neutral about this.

However, if they do allow more options within the custom game browser that would be neat.

The fact that Elites aren’t playable must be one of the dumbest reasons you could lose excitement for a games release.

> 2535444514063000;18:
> The fact that Elites aren’t playable must be one of the dumbest reasons you could lose excitement for a games release.

That’s not very nice. Familiarity and atmosphere are important to me. Plus I’m still excited for the campaign, multiplayer just doesn’t appeal to me so much without elites.

Rebel and take off all custom armor in every Halo game and make your default character an elite in H2, H2A, H3 and only play those games. People protest sillier issues using sillier tactics all the time.