Elite Controller...

Hey gamers. I just received my Elite controller and it’s quite nice. Paddles, the feel, everything seems really put together well so far. Day 1 only. I am setting up my right trigger and every set up I try doesn’t seem to improve shot speed. default and 20-30 still feel the same. Whats the best set up for right trigger?

thanks in advance.

inb4 'git gud’

Single shot guns are set at a specific shot speed, so no matter what you do you can’t change the shot speed.

Isn’t this controller the best thing since sliced bread?

Im still playing with the settings. If anyone has suggestions that would be awesome.

Thanks for the thread OP!

Ooh. I wish I could get my hands on one, but I’ve been looking for a few weeks to no avail. Still, thank you for making this thread! I’ll keep an eye on it for when I get an Elite controller of my own. Sorry I can’t be of much help, ahah.

I wish I had one

you cant exceed the programmed shot speed in game

the hair triggers and trigger stops are a gimmick made to sell, it prevents over pulling the trigger (much to how a real gun works) by shortening the distance travelled by your finger

so the shorter distance traveled the quicker your pull/shots will be, however in games like Halo where ROF is capped they are essentially useless

“modded” controllers should be banned from tournament play anyways

> 2533274913472518;4:
> Ooh. I wish I could get my hands on one, but I’ve been looking for a few weeks to no avail. Still, thank you for making this thread! I’ll keep an eye on it for when I get an Elite controller of my own. Sorry I can’t be of much help, ahah.

They are in stock on amazon right now…I’ve been eyeing it for awhile can’t decide if I want to spend the money or not

Funny how some people feel the need for one of these controllers.

I was totally gonna get one for xmas but it ran out, but now since then both my PS4 controllers are defecting and both of the Xbone Controllers I have work flawlessly. Its a hard justification for a third controller when I actually need a new DS4.

If you have the coin, I highly recommend it. I love the feel and customization.

> 2533274826443777;8:
> Funny how some people feel the need for one of these controllers.

To be fair, Bumper Jumper would be a lot more livable with the hair triggers.

You could easily map the Spartan Abilities/reload functions to it and have a much easier time since you would never have to take your hands off of the control sticks.

You can’t change max shot speed. But a shorter travel distance (via trigger stops) makes it easier to achieve max shot speed manually. You will also need to set the actuation range to 50% in the settings so things like plasma pistol and Spartan lazer (weapons requiring charging up) will still work.

I play with bumper jumper and map zoom and trust to the top 2 paddles. Bottom 2 paddles are removed / inactive.

I love the elite controllers. The back paddles are my favorite. Though, after mashing them during intense game play, this controller, as well as the crappy Scuf controllers, are not made to withstand button mashing. Especially since the little back paddle buttons are super small.

The software for changing the stick acceleration is awesome and being able to use bumper jumper and still switch nades and thrust without having to take your hands off the thumbsticks. $150 isn’t too much. I’ve spent more on less used stuff.

I’m not completely sure because i dont have this controller but try changing the sensitivity on the trigger and also try to change the trigger pull range.

please read my previous comment to stop the misinformation

> 2535441488042067;3:
> Isn’t this controller the best thing since sliced bread?
>
> Im still playing with the settings. If anyone has suggestions that would be awesome.
>
> Thanks for the thread OP!

I’ve had mine since the Halo 5 launch. I’m getting ready to swap things around a bit on my control scheme. I’ve been playing with the Halo 4 controls as a base with the face buttons assigned to the paddles. However, I have come to the conclusion that zoom on the right stick (while it makes it feel more like Halo) is inferior to zoom on the left trigger. So I am going to have to make some changes to address this.

The biggest problem is that there is an odd man out. Anyway you slice it you are left with one input that cannot be pressed unless you take a thumb off of a thumb stick (11 inputs and only 10 locations). My biggest suggestion is to work backwards from there. Personally I think reload is the input least likely to be used during battle. So I am probably going to leave that input off of the paddles, bumpers, triggers, and R3/L3 (probably leave it assigned to X). Since L3 is used for sprint, I would put the next least likely input on R3. I am leaning towards the input for switching grenades. From there it really is a matter of which paddles are easier for you to press and assigning those paddles to the inputs that you use more often.
I suggest messing with it in the campaign so that you can pause the game and reassign buttons on the fly until you find the most comfortable set up.

Good luck and enjoy.

I really want one of these controllers.

> 2533274847768760;1:
> Hey gamers. I just received my Elite controller and it’s quite nice. Paddles, the feel, everything seems really put together well so far. Day 1 only. I am setting up my right trigger and every set up I try doesn’t seem to improve shot speed. default and 20-30 still feel the same. Whats the best set up for right trigger?
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> inb4 'git gud’

Nothing is going to change the shot speed. As mentioned above, that’s built in to the games. What you CAN do is use your hair triggers to reduce the amount of input (squeeze) required for the shot command to register. If you fool with the trigger zones on the right trigger you can make it so that a tiny amount of pull (<10% I think) will register as 100% input and trigger a shot.

Even in the best of cases this is going to save you a tiny fraction of a second between shots. It’s not a hax machine!

> 2533274826443777;8:
> Funny how some people feel the need for one of these controllers.

yes, the power o marketing