Elite Controller Thumbsticks

I’m curious to see what you guys are using for the thumbsticks on the Elite. The tallest ones are real precise. Dome ones feel great, but with all the tuning options, I’m sticking to the default ones till I find a good setup.

What’s your opinions on the joysticks?

tall on the right. havnt messed with any settings on joysticks or triggers yet.

i use a domed on the left and the tall on the right. the taller one helps with aim.

I use default thumbsticks, but I disabled the click and moved it to bottom paddles

> 2533274961579910;3:
> i use a domed on the left and the tall on the right. the taller one helps with aim.

Any settings on them or just default?

I think it is cheap buying “special controllers” to up your game. It’s like getting a game shark, if you know what that is.

Play the game on a level playing field. The console comes with controller.

If you can’t game on a reg console controler, just give up.

> 2533274854386801;6:
> I think it is cheap buying “special controllers” to up your game. It’s like getting a game shark, if you know what that is.
>
> Play the game on a level playing field. The console comes with controller.
>
> If you can’t game on a reg console controler, just give up.

I doesn’t give you a major advantage. It doesn’t compensate for lack of skill. It just allows you to access more buttons mid-combat.

> 2533274808316762;7:
> > 2533274854386801;6:
> > I think it is cheap buying “special controllers” to up your game. It’s like getting a game shark, if you know what that is.
> >
> > Play the game on a level playing field. The console comes with controller.
> >
> > If you can’t game on a reg console controler, just give up.
>
>
> I doesn’t give you a major advantage. It doesn’t compensate for lack of skill. It just allows you to access more buttons mid-combat.

It is better than a reg game controller. People buy the controller to get a competitive edge, not for aeshtetics or comfort. They buy it for quicker access to buttons to outmatch other opponents. It is buying an advantage, and I think is is cheap. Not cheap to buy though.

I use the tall ones since it feels more comfortable. Haven’t tried the domed ones yet, and I don’t think I changed anything other than the Halo 5 settings in terms of the thumbsticks.

I’m getting my Elite next week! Can’t wait!

> 2533274854386801;6:
> I think it is cheap buying “special controllers” to up your game. It’s like getting a game shark, if you know what that is.
>
> Play the game on a level playing field. The console comes with controller.
>
> If you can’t game on a reg console controler, just give up.

What are you even talking about? They give you basically no advantage, they are just made to be more durable and comfortable for the user. And it’s absolutely idiotic to think that using a slightly better controller makes someone a decent player

> 2533274969813084;11:
> > 2533274854386801;6:
> > I think it is cheap buying “special controllers” to up your game. It’s like getting a game shark, if you know what that is.
> >
> > Play the game on a level playing field. The console comes with controller.
> >
> > If you can’t game on a reg console controler, just give up.
>
>
> What are you even talking about? They give you basically no advantage, they are just made to be more durable and comfortable for the user. And it’s absolutely idiotic to think that using a slightly better controller makes someone a decent player

So, you are saying you can’t acess button functions quicker on an elite controller?

> 2533274854386801;12:
> > 2533274969813084;11:
> > > 2533274854386801;6:
> > > I think it is cheap buying “special controllers” to up your game. It’s like getting a game shark, if you know what that is.
> > >
> > > Play the game on a level playing field. The console comes with controller.
> > >
> > > If you can’t game on a reg console controler, just give up.
> >
> >
> > What are you even talking about? They give you basically no advantage, they are just made to be more durable and comfortable for the user. And it’s absolutely idiotic to think that using a slightly better controller makes someone a decent player
>
>
> So, you are saying you can’t acess button functions quicker on an elite controller?

Having paddles allows you to the avoid the terrible ergonomics of playing claw grip. No advantage, just better for your body.

> 2533274816621812;13:
> > 2533274854386801;12:
> > > 2533274969813084;11:
> > > > 2533274854386801;6:
> > > > I think it is cheap buying “special controllers” to up your game. It’s like getting a game shark, if you know what that is.
> > > >
> > > > Play the game on a level playing field. The console comes with controller.
> > > >
> > > > If you can’t game on a reg console controler, just give up.
> > >
> > >
> > > What are you even talking about? They give you basically no advantage, they are just made to be more durable and comfortable for the user. And it’s absolutely idiotic to think that using a slightly better controller makes someone a decent player
> >
> >
> > So, you are saying you can’t acess button functions quicker on an elite controller?
>
>
> Having paddles allows you to the avoid the terrible ergonomics of playing claw grip. No advantage, just better for your body.

I own an elite and it does provide us an advantage yet it doesn’t make one a better player it just provides easier access.

> 2533274816621812;13:
> > 2533274854386801;12:
> > > 2533274969813084;11:
> > > > 2533274854386801;6:
> > > > I think it is cheap buying “special controllers” to up your game. It’s like getting a game shark, if you know what that is.
> > > >
> > > > Play the game on a level playing field. The console comes with controller.
> > > >
> > > > If you can’t game on a reg console controler, just give up.
> > >
> > >
> > > What are you even talking about? They give you basically no advantage, they are just made to be more durable and comfortable for the user. And it’s absolutely idiotic to think that using a slightly better controller makes someone a decent player
> >
> >
> > So, you are saying you can’t acess button functions quicker on an elite controller?
>
>
> Having paddles allows you to the avoid the terrible ergonomics of playing claw grip. No advantage, just better for your body.

Awww those poor ergonomics. I feel your pain, like living in a third world country. Keep ya head up.

I hate clicking thumbsticks, stupid idea

> 2533274826090763;16:
> I hate clicking thumbsticks, stupid idea

I got to admit it bugs me that does.

I bought an Elite controller yesterday and the hair triggers definitely improve your gameplay in so much that you can actually shoot marginally quicker than someone without one…a few times last night I found it to be the difference between getting the kill and knowing I would have been killed with a standard pad.

Interesting to read a few ppl are using a taller right stick to improve aim…I was “trying” to snipe earlier and my aim felt all over the place with the new pad. All my settings are the same as per using the standard pad so I’m not sure why aim on sniping in particular feels so sensitive. I’ll try the taller stick to see if that helps matters, but my question would be what setting* you have for your left and right sticks in the controller configuration and if these settings make much of a difference?

  • there isn’t much information describing what each setting does other than some graph and a stick movement test thing, but it doesn’t really tell you what difference it will make in game. Any advise or information appreciated.

> 2728296738561752;18:
> I bought an Elite controller yesterday and the hair triggers definitely improve your gameplay in so much that you can actually shoot marginally quicker than someone without one…a few times last night I found it to be the difference between getting the kill and knowing I would have been killed with a standard pad.
>
> Interesting to read a few ppl are using a taller right stick to improve aim…I was “trying” to snipe earlier and my aim felt all over the place with the new pad. All my settings are the same as per using the standard pad so I’m not sure why aim on sniping in particular feels so sensitive. I’ll try the taller stick to see if that helps matters, but my question would be what setting* you have for your left and right sticks in the controller configuration and if these settings make much of a difference?
>
> * there isn’t much information describing what each setting does other than some graph and a stick movement test thing, but it doesn’t really tell you what difference it will make in game. Any advise or information appreciated.

It felt all over the place with default? good luck with the tall one then lol, Leave them on default in the app settings the other ones are just strange there is a bug with it to, try instant lol. I went from tall to domed and back to default i found with the taller ones i was all over the place.

I play hair triggers, reg thumb sticks, and two top paddles as a/b with default settings. I tried tall domed stick on right stick but my aim felt all over the place so i switched back. Might give it a try again now that im used to the paddles but i’m pretty on point with my aim with reg sticks.

It’s ignorant to say a controller will make you a better player. Some top pros play no paddles with claw bumper jumper.