Elite controler help

So how long does it take to get used to it? I have the dome left stick, the tall right stick, the two small padles for x and y placed on the top facing downwards, and of course I have the triger lovk on with the right trigger at half way for the plasma pistol. Man I hate muscle memory.

It takes a little while… I only use one paddle to make Ground-pounding a little easier on Recon settings. That wasn’t bad, but I tried using a second paddle to jump to help with jump strafing, and I found it very awkward…

My jump strafe is honestly better taking my thumb off the RS to tap A then it is with a paddle… I guess I just developed and got good at it over the years. I ended up reducing my sensitivity from 7 to 5 as well because of the fresh sticks and they move in a “smoother” motion than the standard ones on the regular controllers. Just a different feel…

> 2533274974695300;1:
> So how long does it take to get used to it? I have the dome left stick, the tall right stick, the two small padles for x and y placed on the top facing downwards, and of course I have the triger lovk on with the right trigger at half way for the plasma pistol. Man I hate muscle memory.

IMO. Elite controller=molded cotroller=cheating

Play custom by yourself and campaign. You should adjust within 5-6 hours of play time. When I got my controller, I spent a few hours experimenting with control schemes and testing them in custom. I would actually recommend you start a custom game with no time limit. Then go to the accessories app on the Xbox One and just switch back and forth (the accessories app doesn’t close Halo 5 or mess with anything if you change the button layout).

I can list a layout for you too (provided you use bumper jumper):
Upper Left: X
Lower Left: A
Upper Right: B
Lower Right: Right Stick

I personally love it and it minimizes the movement for most things. You would only need to move your finger to press the y button which is for switching weapons, which IMO doesn’t need to be done quickly in most situations.

Warzone Firefight, baby, YA!
It took me 2 stages to work into properly holding the controller so that I could use the 4 paddles. I made Scope, Left Top and Grenades, Right Top. Replayed the campaign to get used to that.

When I first added all 4 paddles, I inverted them, long on the top, short on the bottom. This forced me to hold the controller a different way. I then messed around a few configurations and played a bit of Warzone/Assault.

When I started to feel REAL comfortable with the controller, I put the paddles in “default” config and finished with a heavily modified button setup.

Left Bump: Thruster
Left hair Trigger: Jump
Left Pad Top: Sprint
Left Pad Bot: Scope
Left Stick: Crouch
Right Bump: Melee
Right hair Trigger: Fire
Right Pad Top: Grenade
Right Pad Bot: Crouch
Right Stick: Scope
A: Swap 'nades
B: Action/Reload
Y: Swap
X: Issue orders

Now, I can put all abilities on “manual” and comfortably play old school or new, as I don’t auto-hover when scoped in the air. Rolling left bottom paddle with the top left allows me to activate hover on my timing. Sticks are “old school”. Crouch on bottom right paddle allows for holding+tapping while never interfering with the sticks.
Grenades are the accidental tap once in a while, but more playtime would allow me to stop that.

Thanks guys.

it took me like 2 weeks to not get frustrated, and another 2 weeks to love it :slight_smile: