Elimination Game Mode Idea that is NOT a BR

Before I get hate for this, I don’t think Halo needs a typical “Last Player Standing” for a game mode. But I do think there is a way to make it similar, without changing Halo Multiplayer gameplay style drastically.

I originally replied to this for another Forum Topic titled “Battle Royale”, however I feel this deserves it’s own forum topic, because it is less of a “Battle Royale”, and is more or less a fast paced elimination tournament. Since the objective is to be the top % teams, not try to just survive.

Not 100 % sure if this idea is original or not, but I got all of these ideas in my own head., So I apologize in advance if somehow these ideas already exist in another game.

Share your thoughts on this proposal if possible (even though it probably won’t be in-game :I)

Picture this. Imagine 12 teams of 4 (or like 50 FFA Players I guess if you did FFA), where as the match goes on, the game mode will change based on the number of teams/players remaining, to test every player / team who has the best rounded skills for THE MAIN GAME MODES (Slayer, KOTH, Oddball, CTF, or whatever)

Game Mode : Elimination [Random Name, someone can do better I know lol] - [12x teams of 4]

Maximum Match Length : 25 Minutes Maximum per game + 3x 30 second timeslots to advance into the circle.

Round 1 (12 teams Remaining) - Slayer [5 minute length] - Top 9 teams advance to Round 2, Bottom 3 teams are eliminated. *in the event of a tie between teams for elimination, the team with the best Overall K/D advances, if still tied then come up with another tie-breaker (Least Deaths, Fastest Kill, etc.)

Round 2 (9 Teams Remaining) - KOTH [5 minute length] -Score resets from slayer. Map gets slightly smaller from Slayer. Three Hills spawn across the map (hill locations changes at 2:30 mark), Top 6 teams advance to the third round, bottom three teams are eliminated.

Round 3 (6 Teams Remaining) - Oddball [5 minute length] - Score resets from KOTH. Map gets slightly smaller from KOTH. Two balls spawn on the map. Ball is throwable. Top 3 teams with the most points advance to the final round, bottom three teams are eliminated.

Final Round (3 Teams Remaining) - Capture The Flag [10 minute length]Score resets from Oddball. Map gets set to a traditional sized map for normal gameplay. There is only one flag, and all three teams have one individual goal to capture the flag. The first team to capture the flag at their objective, wins the game. In the event that no team captures the flag in ten minutes, then the team that has the flag closest to their objective wins the game.

Respawns Per Round**:**

R1 - Slayer [3 Seconds per respawn]
R2 - KOTH [5 Second per respawn]
R3 - Oddball [5 Seconds per respawn]
Final Round - CTF [10 Seconds per respawn]
Round Intermission (Map Shrink) - [5 seconds per respawn]
Outside of map zone after 30 second time period for Map Shrink - [15 second respawn penalty]

I feel at least this way, you can at least say Halo has a mode SIMILAR TO A BATTLE ROYALE, but not exactly one.

If your someone like me who loved Halo 3 or Reach, at least it keeps the traditional game modes from Halo CE, 2, 3, Reach, 4, and 5 into the game while making it an elimination format, instead of it just being “Last Spartan Standing” like every other Battle Royale game more or less does. Because while I think it is possible for Halo to just do last spartan standing, I don’t think I would enjoy that, since Halo is meant to be a fast paced game where teams and players charge in, die, then respawn.

I mentioned in the other thread that BR really is only in its infancy and there are so many variants and tweaks that can be made to these very large medium length but faced paced game types. What your describing sounds really interesting, would take time and resources to implement so I wouldn’t expect it anytime soon especially because it really is just a super BR of sorts and 343 has already said pass for the time being, but in general I would definetly support it.

Again its very similar to BR though, and its scale and resources will draw the usual complaints from the skeptical users who don’t want market oversaturation in these big game modes or any diverted resources toward a game type they aren’t interested to be put into halo, so it may still be a hard sell as well I would imagine.

> 2533274841519598;2:
> I mentioned in the other thread that BR really is only in its infancy and there are so many variants and tweaks that can be made to these very large medium length but faced paced game types. What your describing sounds really interesting, would take time and resources to implement so I wouldn’t expect it anytime soon especially because it really is just a super BR of sorts and 343 has already said pass for the time being, but in general I would definetly support it.
>
> Again its very similar to BR though, and its scale and resources will draw the usual complaints from the skeptical users who don’t want market oversaturation in these big game modes or any diverted resources toward a game type they aren’t interested to be put into halo, so it may still be a hard sell as well I would imagine.

Yeah, it kind of sounds like a BR, but I’d like to think of it more as a “Tournament” or “Elimination Phases”, rather than a Battle Royale. Since when I think of a Battle Royale, it’s just last man standing from not dying.

I don’t think Halo necessarily needs one, but I kind of expect 343 to eventually give in, or have some way to give the players that WANT ONE a way to play in one.

However, lets say they announced they’d do some official game mode of a “Elimination Game Type” since enough people demand for one, then I feel something along these lines would at least be more of a middle ground for traditional halo fans like myself, and for people who crave for a Battle Royale Game mode.

But that’s just my opinion. Thanks for the input though, never really made a post before on here so lol

Big team battle with limited team lifes.