Elephants as main bases?

I’ve seen multiple people on here talking about how they’d like to see an elephant as an uber unit but aren’t the main UNSC bases elephants? Just look at them they look awfully similar(albeit much larger/ realistic). In addition it would make sense seeing as the heron class drop ships from HW1 are in very short supply. I find it odd that there is absolutely nothing mentioning this directly seeing as I checked the phoenix logs, halopedia, and waypoint forums for this. thoughts?

> 2533274992886891;1:
> I’ve seen multiple people on here talking about how they’d like to see an elephant as an uber unit but aren’t the main UNSC bases elephants? Just look at them they look awfully similar(albeit much larger/ realistic). In addition it would make sense seeing as the heron class drop ships from HW1 are in very short supply. I find it odd that there is absolutely nothing mentioning this directly seeing as I checked the phoenix logs, halopedia, and waypoint forums for this. thoughts?

EDIT: You’re absolutely right!

> 2535405380102010;2:
> > 2533274992886891;1:
> > I’ve seen multiple people on here talking about how they’d like to see an elephant as an uber unit but aren’t the main UNSC bases elephants? Just look at them they look awfully similar(albeit much larger/ realistic). In addition it would make sense seeing as the heron class drop ships from HW1 are in very short supply. I find it odd that there is absolutely nothing mentioning this directly seeing as I checked the phoenix logs, halopedia, and waypoint forums for this. thoughts?
>
> Lmao the main bases aren’t Elephants! Wheels? Nope. Turret on top? Nope. They’re basically mini forward bases deployed from the Spirit Of Fire by dropship, since when were they Elephants? They’ve got buildings attached to them and everything, and they aren’t mobile. But yeah I do agree that they look awfully similar to Elephants, with the whole big boxy aesthetic.

  • They don’t have wheels they have treads like a tank, and these “bases” do in fact have treads on the side, you can see them covered with a metal panel but treads nonetheless. - The turret would have been removed to make way for the helipad which delivers marines as you see when you produce infantry units. - There are in fact different versions of the elephant I.e. Halo 3 elephant being more of a cargo version with an open canopy (lacking huge turret) and the halo wars version being more of an APC. - They don’t have any buildings actually attatched to them like in HW1 lol they even address this in the Phoenix logs, they have buildings constructed and then fed into the building with cables for power and resources. - theyre not mobile because they’re a base, there purpose in this game isn’t to be mobile but to be as you said a forward base being used in an ad hoc fashion. - And I never called them elephants I’m just implying by the absence of elephants as playable units and the striking similarity they might be such. - And to address the size it’s purely for gameplay just look at the elephant in halo 3 it’s huge compared to a spartan, yet in HW1 it’s not that big. The same could be said for the scarab differences in halo 2/3 and HW2 it’s more for a gameplay and balancing issue rather than aesthics.

> 2533274992886891;3:
> > 2535405380102010;2:
> > > 2533274992886891;1:
> > > I’ve seen multiple people on here talking about how they’d like to see an elephant as an uber unit but aren’t the main UNSC bases elephants? Just look at them they look awfully similar(albeit much larger/ realistic). In addition it would make sense seeing as the heron class drop ships from HW1 are in very short supply. I find it odd that there is absolutely nothing mentioning this directly seeing as I checked the phoenix logs, halopedia, and waypoint forums for this. thoughts?
> >
> > Lmao the main bases aren’t Elephants! Wheels? Nope. Turret on top? Nope. They’re basically mini forward bases deployed from the Spirit Of Fire by dropship, since when were they Elephants? They’ve got buildings attached to them and everything, and they aren’t mobile. But yeah I do agree that they look awfully similar to Elephants, with the whole big boxy aesthetic.
>
> - They don’t have wheels they have treads like a tank, and these “bases” do in fact have treads on the side, you can see them covered with a metal panel but treads nonetheless. - The turret would have been removed to make way for the helipad which delivers marines as you see when you produce infantry units. - There are in fact different versions of the elephant I.e. Halo 3 elephant being more of a cargo version with an open canopy (lacking huge turret) and the halo wars version being more of an APC. - They don’t have any buildings actually attatched to them like in HW1 lol they even address this in the Phoenix logs, they have buildings constructed and then fed into the building with cables for power and resources. - theyre not mobile because they’re a base, there purpose in this game isn’t to be mobile but to be as you said a forward base being used in an ad hoc fashion. - And I never called them elephants I’m just implying by the absence of elephants as playable units and the striking similarity they might be such. - And to address the size it’s purely for gameplay just look at the elephant in halo 3 it’s huge compared to a spartan, yet in HW1 it’s not that big. The same could be said for the scarab differences in halo 2/3 and HW2 it’s more for a gameplay and balancing issue rather than aesthics.

Hmmm so you’re suggesting that the bases used in Halo Wars 2 are modified Elephants recycled from Halo Wars 1? I mean, that’s what comes to my mind when you piece together all these points in front of me. Sorry for misjudging, dude! You may actually have a point here, if what you say about the Halo Wars 2 bases never actually being described in any of the Phoenix Logs is true.

Like you suggested, maybe the original bases from the first game are in short supply so instead they’ve re-outfitted Elephants to fit the role, and that would explain why Cutter doesn’t have Elephants as a unit in this game!

Exactly my theory and it’s all good man, and yeah I would like to see elephants in action if possible. But hey that’s probably what the mastedon is for lol.

It does look an awful lot like the elephant! Nice find.

They could be elephants because well it would make sense to repurpose a obsolete vehicle in your armory because look at how many minibases there are

> 2533274821521504;6:
> It does look an awful lot like the elephant! Nice find.

yeah im honestly surprised no one from 343 or on the forums has said anything. Also surprised that no one else said anything.Then again it might not be an elephant, nothing is for sure until someone official says something. Who knows the elephant could end up being a super unit for the ODST leader lol.

I don’t think they are elephants, being classified as “Firebases”, BUT, but, I also thought that the Condor Gunship was just a hyped up Pelican at one point, that and the fact that you can also see the UNSC firebases being carried to the ground by a regular Condor, so things might not be as they seem!
You may have seen me want an Elephant unit though, and being an UBER unit would be even better, it’d have to be a Mammoth man! That railgun would look fierce from a camera in the sky eh!
I would love to see that.

I noticed that As well I’m very curtain that the New Firebases are modified elephants. I mean it makes since, after everything that happened in HW1 i doubt they had very many firebases left so they had to use what they got. If you look at both up close it becomes very apparent that at the very least the designs are very similar.

I believe there was some mention of the Firebases and Elephants looking similar in one of the Community Updates, but I can’t quite remember which one it was in.

I noticed the similar appearance between the two during the beta and it makes sense. The Elephants in Halo 3 were pretty good for a mobile base and troop transport but we’ve never seen the full interior of the APC variant present in the first Halo Wars. They could have a very different appearance in the front then the ones in Halo 3, where the bottom was mostly used as a garage with a single monitor. The ones M312 could very easily look more like a small outpost with some computer terminals and other stuff in the front of the vehicle, while the back is used as an armory and garage. With the limited resources and expensive cost to produce, it’s quite possible they re-purposed, or even reconstructed, the Elephants into the firebases in Halo Wars 2.