elephant in the room....

soooo how do we stop tanks timing attacks? can have full map control and all but i mean they just/ anyone sit and defend one or two bases until tanks and once tanks are out nothing stop them… sooooo ummmmmm yeaaaa wait for next adjustment to anti vehicles i guess? anyone? pls? halp? and btw ive tried shrouds a few anti air take them out. rofl

End the game before they get to tech 3.

> 2533274800564519;2:
> End the game before they get to tech 3.

how vs 4 turrets and healers and units defending base lol? i could maybe try blisterbacl siege idk

Air and anti vehicle destroy tanks. This is a non issue. Also Shrouds kick -Yoink-

> 2533274795796190;4:
> Air and anti vehicle destroy tanks. This is a non issue. Also Shrouds kick -Yoink-

anti vehicle doesnt destroy tanks actually. and air is weak plus anti air builds out of same building as tanks too easy to counter air i think

For me when I play tanks it’s best if I have tanks/air/anti-vehicle infantry. Works like a charm.

If your a banished player then Hunters, wraiths and shrouds melt tanks pretty easily. Throw in some Banshees and you should be fine. Work to get hunter/infantry upgrades and you should be just fine really.

> 2533274937180667;3:
> > 2533274800564519;2:
> > End the game before they get to tech 3.
>
> how vs 4 turrets and healers and units defending base lol? i could maybe try blisterbacl siege idk

Long answer: become more familiar with the mechanics of the game, if you have map control and are keeping them locked down on one base then you’re free to expand, will have a much better Eco, more upgrades, higher pop caps and your units are more expendable than theirs. Just continuously apply the pressure on them and force them to build units such as cyclops/wolves at T2 which require power to build, therefore delaying their tech 3.

Short answer: Get good

> 2533274795796190;4:
> Air and anti vehicle destroy tanks. This is a non issue. Also Shrouds kick -Yoink-

Lol, anti vehicle and air get Rekt by scorpions atm.

Tank spam is a HUGE recourse commitment to get going, and takes a lot of time. Like, 10-15 minutes. That’s ample time to upgrade and prepare forces that can counter. Also, if you have map control and your opponent is sitting on one base teching, it shouldn’t be hard to at least damage that base. Destroy generators, supply pads, etc. Someone rushing t3 will not have strong units to defend against a well composed army. You should be scouting and haassing to ensure they never get to that late-game ball. It’s so strong because it’s like a 60k recourse army.

> 2533274937180667;1:
> soooo how do we stop tanks timing attacks? can have full map control and all but i mean they just/ anyone sit and defend one or two bases until tanks and once tanks are out nothing stop them… sooooo ummmmmm yeaaaa wait for next adjustment to anti vehicles i guess? anyone? pls? halp? and btw ive tried shrouds a few anti air take them out. rofl

just a couple days ago i would of replied the same as everyone else. Air and anti vehicles will kill tanks. Buuut this is before yesterday when I got schooled in the new halo wars 2 and I found out about Isabel and her shielded Tanks and Nightingale that wont die and canister shell that wipes out an army of cyclops and hunters like nothing.

> 2533274937180667;1:
> soooo how do we stop tanks timing attacks? can have full map control and all but i mean they just/ anyone sit and defend one or two bases until tanks and once tanks are out nothing stop them… sooooo ummmmmm yeaaaa wait for next adjustment to anti vehicles i guess? anyone? pls? halp? and btw ive tried shrouds a few anti air take them out. rofl

I understand what you say perfectly. The diminishing returns curve is still a bit wonky I think, sometimes I strip them of their minibases and somehow they still have enough income to make a tank army.

Gotta mix up the army. Can’t have all anti vehicle of one unit, mix it up with several anti vehicles from infantry to air.

> 2533274797488518;11:
> > 2533274937180667;1:
> > soooo how do we stop tanks timing attacks? can have full map control and all but i mean they just/ anyone sit and defend one or two bases until tanks and once tanks are out nothing stop them… sooooo ummmmmm yeaaaa wait for next adjustment to anti vehicles i guess? anyone? pls? halp? and btw ive tried shrouds a few anti air take them out. rofl
>
> just a couple days ago i would of replied the same as everyone else. Air and anti vehicles will kill tanks. Buuut this is before yesterday when I got schooled in the new halo wars 2 and I found out about Isabel and her shielded Tanks and Nightingale that wont die and canister shell that wipes out an army of cyclops and hunters like nothing.

precisely

> 2533274821521504;12:
> > 2533274937180667;1:
> > soooo how do we stop tanks timing attacks? can have full map control and all but i mean they just/ anyone sit and defend one or two bases until tanks and once tanks are out nothing stop them… sooooo ummmmmm yeaaaa wait for next adjustment to anti vehicles i guess? anyone? pls? halp? and btw ive tried shrouds a few anti air take them out. rofl
>
> I understand what you say perfectly. The diminishing returns curve is still a bit wonky I think, sometimes I strip them of their minibases and somehow they still have enough income to make a tank army.

yup really confused about what to actually do cuz if im expanding and upgrading hell get t3 faster still than me despite my map control and u cant really just siege 4 upgraded turrets bases with healers and a army of only blue resouce units while hes tehing llol. easy to say things like “mix army” “anti veh or air” without actually understanding that tanks destroy everything lol and its so easy to tech to anti air lol and once thT 3rd or 4th tank is out its over. ive heard if u spread ur beam hunters out to negate canny aoe it can help alot i am going to try that

I will back this argument. I “let” my opponent get to a full pop of tanks with shields as Isabel too see what all this tank talk was about. I kept her in check and had map control but once those tanks came up I couldn’t stop her with anything. I always used mixed armies leaning more towards the hard counter and the player blew right threw me.

I basically had to take several locusts to to wipe out her base and we were basically chasing each others expos to stay alive lol. Defeat was inevitable because nothing I had could take her tanks down.

The reason I said I let this person get tanks is because I beat this player the first time without much trouble (I was Shipmaster and hes was Decimus). I was paired up with him again right after. He picked Isabel so I was determined to see what the fuss was all about lol.

And…yeah. Never going to allow that to happen again.

You don’t. You have to wait until the next update.

> 2533274937180667;1:

wait for the next patch, they might give cyclops a slight buff

> 2533274794693191;18:
> > 2533274937180667;1:
>
> wait for the next patch, they might give cyclops a slight buff

im a banished main hunters plsss lol