Elephant in the room: Low Armor Customization

Ok, I think It’s time to discuss the armor customization options in Halo 5. Why why why why is it that we only have three customization options?? Body, helmet and visor. Seriously? Halo Reach, Halo 4, and even Halo 3 too an extent have more options, and those are predecessors! Armor customization gives the player options to distinct themselves from other players, but simplifying it by using less options will have a negative impact on players looking different from others. Also, lets say that a body armor option has a chest piece you love, but gauntlets you hate. Why can’t you use the chest but not the gauntlets? C’mon, 343. Separating them is not that difficult if the option was present in the past. Give us the option for more customization, rather than keeping it minimal for literally no reason. It just sounds lazy honestly.

Why is it such a big deal to be able to customize your spartan down to the bolts in his knee? Seriously, why are you not happy with the MASSIVE amount of things they have brought to Halo?

It is a shame honestly, but I am also willing to overlook the lack of overall customization if it allows them to include an insane number of total suits to the selection. Still a bit disappointing though, Halo Reach’s armor system was the best.

Honestly, I think I’d be happy with armour sets like in the MCC. Yes making your character look completely unique is cool but does it really matter that much? The only thing it’s handy for really is machinima and even then it’s not that big of a deal.

> 2533274867434195;2:
> Why is it such a big deal to be able to customize your spartan down to the bolts in his knee? Seriously, why are you not happy with the MASSIVE amount of things they have brought to Halo?

Uhm, it’s a big deal because it was introduced in the predecessors. If it was so great in the past, it should be implied that it will return to an even bigger extent. Instead, it’s being toned down for no reason. People like unlocking new armor to individualize themselves from other players. And massive amount of things? Gameplay physics/new game modes don’t give 343i an excuse to take away customization. Even Call of Duty: Advanced warfare has more options! CALL. OF. DUTY. Simply toning it down to 3 sets does not do anything better for the game, it just gives less customization to the game, something that has always been great with Halo.

Cool cool
Get over it

> 2533274876619471;1:
> Ok, I think It’s time to discuss the armor customization options in Halo 5. Why why why why is it that we only have three customization options?? Body, helmet and visor. Seriously? Halo Reach, Halo 4, and even Halo 3 too an extent have more options, and those are predecessors! Armor customization gives the player options to distinct themselves from other players, but simplifying it by using less options will have a negative impact on players looking different from others. Also, lets say that a body armor option has a chest piece you love, but gauntlets you hate. Why can’t you use the chest but not the gauntlets? C’mon, 343. Separating them is not that difficult if the option was present in the past. Give us the option for more customization, rather than keeping it minimal for literally no reason. It just sounds lazy honestly.

Honestly? This is like thread number 100 that I have seen about it. Not only have they not come right out and say what we can customize, it also doesn’t matter. It will not and can not kill you if you cannot change every last thing.

> 2533274876619471;5:
> Gameplay physics/new game modes don’t give 343i an excuse to take away customization.

They sort of do, there’s only a certain amount of content they can put in the game.

> 2533274876619471;5:
> > 2533274867434195;2:
> > Why is it such a big deal to be able to customize your spartan down to the bolts in his knee? Seriously, why are you not happy with the MASSIVE amount of things they have brought to Halo?
>
> Uhm, it’s a big deal because it was introduced in the predecessors. So was firefight, playable elites, split screen, etc. If it was so great in the past, it should be implied that it will return to an even bigger extent. Not necessarily, you just have the WANT to have it ‘bigger’, it was never implied. Instead, it’s being toned down for no reason. No reason? I think it’s more because it’s not necessary. And to have the ability to choose from Left arm, right arm, chest, helmet, boots, legs, etc… isn’t necessary. They are allowing you to choose full body, helmet, and visor, yet you STILL complain. People like unlocking new armor to individualize themselves from other players. Some do, yes, but be honest with yourself, HOW often do you see yourself? Or how often do you actually study the other person you’re killing? And massive amount of things? Gameplay physics/new game modes don’t give 343i an excuse to take away customization. Obviously it does. Even Call of Duty: Advanced warfare has more options! So? CALL. OF. DUTY. Simply toning it down to 3 sets does not do anything better for the game, it just gives less customization to the game, something that has always been great with Halo. Has ALWAYS been great? A majority of Halos didn’t have the customization you’re requesting. It isn’t necessary, I understand the appeal to people that really don’t care about playing, but just like to ‘earn’ stuff, but why can’t you be happy with the GAME?

> 2533274859413227;6:
> Cool cool
> Get over it

Nice constructive post. Simply telling someone to “get over it” does not help the game. Try saying something constructive next time. It is so annoying when I see a reply like this. These other replies are actually stating their opinions and are being constructive. Get out of here if you aren’t gonna say anything helpful/useful.

I’ll say this once.

Nothing. Has. Been. Confirmed.

> 2533274889350043;11:
> I’ll say this once.
>
> Nothing. Has. Been. Confimed.

It’s been confirmed dude. See? Confirmed.

> 2533274876619471;10:
> > 2533274859413227;6:
> > Cool cool
> > Get over it
>
>
> Nice constructive post. Simply telling someone to “get over it” does not help the game. Try saying something constructive next time. It is so annoying when I see a reply like this. These other replies are actually stating their opinions and are being constructive. Get out of here if you aren’t gonna say anything helpful/useful.

Well we are all (or at least I am) getting tired of these threads. You yourself say that if it was in the past games it should be in this one. In the orginal Halo all you could do was switch your color. Not only that, but if you google Halo 5 armor customization what comes up? No really what does? Nothing offical from any source. We do not yet know what the final product will be. Instead of bashing 343i for doing things that you don’t life, why don’t you wait and see what the game is finally like?

The only “confirmation” was from december 29th. And that was probably referring to the beta.

> 2533274889350043;11:
> I’ll say this once.
>
> Nothing. Has. Been. Confimed.

It actually has been confirmed, Josh confirmed it on twitter a while back.

Would you rather have armor customization, or extremely good gameplay? They are just one studio.

> 2533274792737987;15:
> Would you rather have armor customization, or extremely good gameplay? They are just one studio.

Why is it one or the other? Halo Reach had both, and so did 3. I’m saying that gameplay should not limit customization.

> 2533274867434195;12:
> > 2533274889350043;11:
> > I’ll say this once.
> >
> > Nothing. Has. Been. Confimed.
>
>
> It’s been confirmed dude. See? Confirmed.

Take a look at those dates. See the dates?? November and December of 2014. What was happening around that time? The Halo 5 arena beta. Why would they come out and say here’s whats in the final product almost a year away from launch.

So why don’t you look at this tweet from April of this year confirming that a new armor unlock and progression system is coming.

https://twitter.com/joshingtonstate/status/590919519188582400

> 2533274867434195;12:
> > 2533274889350043;11:
> > I’ll say this once.
> >
>
>

From the 29th of December. The beta.

> 2576836393959214;13:
> > 2533274876619471;10:
> > > 2533274859413227;6:
> > > Cool cool
> > > Get over it
> >
> >
> > Nice constructive post. Simply telling someone to “get over it” does not help the game. Try saying something constructive next time. It is so annoying when I see a reply like this. These other replies are actually stating their opinions and are being constructive. Get out of here if you aren’t gonna say anything helpful/useful.
>
>
> Well we are all (or at least I am) getting tired of these threads. You yourself say that if it was in the past games it should be in this one. In the orginal Halo all you could do was switch your color. Not only that, but if you google Halo 5 armor customization what comes up? No really what does? Nothing offical from any source. We do not yet know what the final product will be. Instead of bashing 343i for doing things that you don’t life, why don’t you wait and see what the game is finally like?
>
> The only “confirmation” was from december 29th. And that was probably referring to the beta.

The first thing that comes up are tweets from Josh Holmes and users stating their concern on this situation. And this is waypoint, the point is to give feedback on what should be in the full game, rather than waiting for it to come out and then being disappointed. Simply waiting to see if the armor customization is lacking or not is not ok, it should be discussed before the game is released so the users get what they want.

> 2533274867434195;12:
> > 2533274889350043;11:
> > I’ll say this once.
> >
>
>

Yeah, confirmed for the beta. They said they wanted to limit the customization for the beta for two reasons:

1. The actual customization system wasn’t complete at the time (December of last year, almost a full year away from launch).

2. They wanted people to spend less time customizing their characters and more time actually playing the beta and generating stats/feedback.

The fact that people believe his Tweet was referring to the full game that far in advance is astounding. Nothing has been confirmed for the final game yet, so let’s all cool our jets.