Elements

Besides weather effects, map skins, and daylight settings; do you think it would be interesting to include an elemental aspect to Halo also? Such as, fires, floods, earthquakes, meteor showers, sandstorms, blizzards, and any other element 343 could fathom to allow forged Halo maps the ability to come to life. This could add a more in-depth Halo experience by allowing player visors to become distorted and immediately informed of impending changing weather patterns.

Please cast your vote if you believe this would be a great decision.

-Weather Effects (Rain, sleet, snow, sunny, and foggy).

-Map Skins (Biome’s: Forest, Desert, Tundra, Aquatic, Grassland).

-Daylight Settings (Time of day).

-Elements (Fires, floods, earthquakes, meteor showers, sandstorms, and blizzards).

I think this is a good idea, but for a Halo on the next Xbox.

Weather Effects: Yes.

Map Skins: Idk what you mean…

Daylight Settings: Yes.

Elements: No.
Major lag for sure.
Fires: Nah. Just put in flame-based weapons with long burn times.
Floods: Self-made water physics are confusing and cause MAJOR LAG!
Earthquakes: I kinda like this one.
Meteor Showers: Would this just be something in the sky you can look at, or do the meteors crash into the map?
The “in the sky” one sounds cool. The “map crashing” one is too complex to worry about.
Sandstorms: Pretty cool.
Blizzards: This should be in weather. But very cool.

The things you’re asking for are simply too much.
They would be very cool and fun to use, but things like this won’t be in videogames for a VERY LONG time.

> PURE HALO 95 Posted:
>
> Weather Effects: Yes.
>
> Map Skins: Idk what you mean…
>
> Daylight Settings: Yes.
>
> Elements: No.
> Major lag for sure.
> Fires: Nah. Just put in flame-based weapons with long burn times.
> Floods: Self-made water physics are confusing and cause MAJOR LAG!
> Earthquakes: I kinda like this one.
> Meteor Showers: Would this just be something in the sky you can look at, or do the meteors crash into the map?
> The “in the sky” one sounds cool. The “map crashing” one is too complex to worry about.
> Sandstorms: Pretty cool.
> Blizzards: This should be in weather. But very cool.
>
> The things you’re asking for are simply too much.
> They would be very cool and fun to use, but things like this won’t be in videogames for a VERY LONG time.

Cool. Thanks for the feedback!
Biomes: The World's Biomes

It’s really time for another Xbox

> -Meteor Showers: Would this just be something in the sky you can look at, or do the meteors crash into the map?

First off if an elemental feature is applied it should also include levels of exposure (like level 1,2,3,4, and so on…) on a particular Halo map.

Bigger meteors should probably land on the outskirts of a forged Halo map. While smaller nugget sized and occasionally larger sized rocks should land near built-in structures as well as geologically enticing landmarks created by the player, kapeesh. 8 ^ )

> > -Meteor Showers: Would this just be something in the sky you can look at, or do the meteors crash into the map?
>
> First off if an elemental feature is applied it should also include levels of exposure (like level 1,2,3,4, and so on…) on a particular Halo map.
>
>
> Bigger meteors should probably land on the outskirts of a forged Halo map. While smaller nugget sized and occasionally larger sized rocks should land near built-in structures as well as geologically enticing landmarks created by the player, kapeesh. 8 ^ )

Aaaah, ok. That’s cool.

Sure would be a nice addition, the 360 is to old and weak to handle it but the next gen xbox sure could do it if 343i picked up the idea now so they could spent 2-.3 years making it happen. I support this idea :slight_smile:

> > > -Meteor Showers: Would this just be something in the sky you can look at, or do the meteors crash into the map?
> >
> > First off if an elemental feature is applied it should also include levels of exposure (like level 1,2,3,4, and so on…) on a particular Halo map.
> >
> >
> > Bigger meteors should probably land on the outskirts of a forged Halo map. While smaller nugget sized and occasionally larger sized rocks should land near built-in structures as well as geologically enticing landmarks created by the player, kapeesh. 8 ^ )
>
> Aaaah, ok. That’s cool.

But why stop there? What about the constant bombardment and ever-changing events to avoid being hit by a meteor shower that a player must take on? What about levels of resistance built in to player structures? Meaning that in some cases parts of Halo structures remain resilient while others are susceptible to damage.

> > > > -Meteor Showers: Would this just be something in the sky you can look at, or do the meteors crash into the map?
> > >
> > > First off if an elemental feature is applied it should also include levels of exposure (like level 1,2,3,4, and so on…) on a particular Halo map.
> > >
> > >
> > > Bigger meteors should probably land on the outskirts of a forged Halo map. While smaller nugget sized and occasionally larger sized rocks should land near built-in structures as well as geologically enticing landmarks created by the player, kapeesh. 8 ^ )
> >
> > Aaaah, ok. That’s cool.
>
> But why stop there? What about the constant bombardment and ever-changing events to avoid being hit by a meteor shower that a player must take on? What about levels of resistance built in to player structures? Meaning that in some cases parts of Halo structures remain resilient while others are susceptible to damage.

Yeah. That’s why I didn’t think it was a good idea.
That’s a lot of work for game developers I’m sure.
Maybe in the future, but no way it’ll be soon.

> PURE HALO 95 Posted: 3 minutes ago
>
> kiknwing11;952877 wrote:
> PURE HALO 95;952747 wrote:
> kiknwing11;952705 wrote:
>
>
> First off if an elemental feature is applied it should also include levels of exposure (like level 1,2,3,4, and so on…) on a particular Halo map.
>
>
> Bigger meteors should probably land on the outskirts of a forged Halo map. While smaller nugget sized and occasionally larger sized rocks should land near built-in structures as well as geologically enticing landmarks created by the player, kapeesh. 8 ^ )
>
> Aaaah, ok. That’s cool.
>
>
> But why stop there? What about the constant bombardment and ever-changing events to avoid being hit by a meteor shower that a player must take on? What about levels of resistance built in to player structures? Meaning that in some cases parts of Halo structures remain resilient while others are susceptible to damage.
>
> Yeah. That’s why I didn’t think it was a good idea.
> That’s a lot of work for game developers I’m sure.
> Maybe in the future, but no way it’ll be soon.

Hope so, especially if AI are not going to be applied. At least there will be a more interactive environment to play in.