Either Halo 4 Co-Op is Non-Cannon Or...

Think about it…

Every Halo game’s co-op but Halo CE was cannon, Halo 3 had you as the Arbiter (this even changed some levels like Cortana) or a random Elite, in ODST you are just a random ODST and in Reach its the same (just a random SIII). I don’t think there will be any random ODSTs/Marines on Master Chief’s half of the Dawn. This brought me to the conclusion that either Halo 4’s co-op will be non cannon, or one of two things happen during the game:

1. We meat up with either Covi Separatists or UNSC troops at the VERY BEGINNING OF THE GAME. There could be a cut-scene at the beginning that skips lots of time until MC is found, or the planet could already be inhabited by Covies or UNSC troops.

2. Players number 2-4 will play an unknown alien race or machine (imagine playing as a monitor in campaign 0.o).

Of course it could just be non-cannon. I doubt 343 will sacrifice Co-Op canonocity for believable and planned story, instead of them being pushed to a corner just because of co-op.

Thoughts?

Cryogenically frozen 4runners

Why not just Masterchief twice like in Halo CE and 2

I think it doesn’t really matter

There are honestly more important things, than the character model of player 2 in coop mode

> Why not just Masterchief twice like in Halo CE and 2
>
> I think it doesn’t really matter
>
> There are honestly more important things, than the character model of player 2 in coop mode

That’s what I said at the end. It’s probably just the non cannon double chief.

ummm. the planet is onxy and e meets his spartan bros?

> ummm. the planet is onxy and e meets his spartan bros?

Onyx was destroyed. If you mean the Onyx Shield World, it is located in slipspace, whereas Halo 4’s planet is within drifting distance of Halo 3’s Ark, which is not in slipspace. Furthermore, Frankie confirmed it isn’t Onyx in SDCC (I think, it may have been another interview though).

Twice the Chief, twice the ownage.

More Master Chief Clones please :stuck_out_tongue:

> Think about it…
>
> Every Halo game’s co-op but Halo CE was cannon, Halo 3 had you as the Arbiter (this even changed some levels like Cortana) or a random Elite, in ODST you are just a random ODST and in Reach its the same (just a random SIII). I don’t think there will be any random ODSTs/Marines on Master Chief’s half of the Dawn. This brought me to the conclusion that either Halo 4’s co-op will be non cannon, or one of two things happen during the game:
>
> 1. We meat up with either Covi Separatists or UNSC troops at the VERY BEGINNING OF THE GAME. There could be a cut-scene at the beginning that skips lots of time until MC is found, or the planet could already be inhabited by Covies or UNSC troops.
>
> 2. Players number 2-4 will play an unknown alien race or machine (imagine playing as a monitor in campaign 0.o).
>
> Of course it could just be non-cannon. I doubt 343 will sacrifice Co-Op canonocity for believable and planned story, instead of them being pushed to a corner just because of co-op.
>
> Thoughts?

I think you forgot to include Halo 2 as well since it broke cannon having two Master Chiefs.

> > ummm. the planet is onxy and e meets his spartan bros?
>
> Onyx was destroyed. If you mean the Onyx Shield World, it is located in slipspace, whereas Halo 4’s planet is within drifting distance of Halo 3’s Ark, which is not in slipspace. Furthermore, Frankie confirmed it isn’t Onyx in SDCC (I think, it may have been another interview though).

2nd player gets to chose from a list…and is incorporated through a cutscene.

They should just make if non-canon like all the other games, unless they can work it in in a cool way like in Halo 3. I don’t really care either way. I prefer the single player experience. Won’t tough multiplayer/firefight/co-op until I beat it by myself.

> > ummm. the planet is onxy and e meets his spartan bros?
>
> Onyx was destroyed. If you mean the Onyx Shield World, it is located in slipspace, whereas Halo 4’s planet is within drifting distance of Halo 3’s Ark, which is not in slipspace. Furthermore, Frankie confirmed it isn’t Onyx in SDCC (I think, it may have been another interview though).

no it was SDCC

How about this?
1st.player=Master Chief
the rest are their multiplayer spartans.

None of the Co-ops are canon. Halo 2, ODST, and Reach’s single player were the canon.

> How about this?
> 1st.player=Master Chief
> the rest are their multiplayer spartans.

This!

halo 3 co-op all the way

> > How about this?
> > 1st.player=Master Chief
> > the rest are their multiplayer spartans.
>
> This!

Or how about pick a skln gears of war style. Play as Cortona and other main characters.

Seriously? Cortana? You know she is a hologram right? For MP, whatever, but for Campaign? If its going to happen it means that H4 will get the same treatment of Reach (and GoW):

“Lets make a game JUST for fun, instead of making it deep and fulfilling!”- Developer

Multiplayer isn’t Canon, oh wait.

Game is Canon.

Besides, it’s all about accessibility. I personally love Split Screen, if it was removed because it isn’t ‘canon’, i’d cry. :frowning:

Don’t really care about the canon in this particular issue. Using doubles of Master Chief worked in CE and Halo 2, no reason why it won’t work in Halo 4.