egg heads?

Is it just me or do the characters in spartan ops call scientists egg heads every chance they get, it pisses me off.

The first couple times I simply chuckled a little bit, but now it seriously annoys me now
They have names you know right Palmer?

> The first couple times I simply chuckled a little bit, but now it seriously annoys me now
> They have names you know right Palmer?

Or at least get creative with the names instead of just using egghead.

It’s a nickname, not meant to be insulting.

For a soldier, to be overly formal is to be dismissive and/or cold. Usually it’s a subtle sign that they don’t like you.
Using a nickname like egghead (scientist), leatherneck(Marine), flyboy(pilot), etc. is actually kind of a good thing and hints at respect.

It’s weird since it’s like a reverse of social norms outside of the military.

I agree with TC. The first time was one thing, the repeated use is going to get old quick.

> I agree with TC. The first time was one thing, the repeated use is going to get old quick.

it already has shes said science team once.

500 years in the future and still using that as insult, come on.

It annoys me. They are just trying to hard to make her a Tough Spartan, Instead she comes off as a Arrogant Jar Head.

Well, aren’t they?

If I wanted to play a game about egg heads I would’ve bought Dr. Mario!

> Is it just me or do the characters in spartan ops call scientists egg heads every chance they get, it pisses me off.

OP is an Egghead :smiley:

<3

They say it a couple times in the game, it’s a cheesy line and it should have stopped at once lol. Palmer needs to up her game, she should have been more a part of the story to solidify her authority. Chief doesn’t even care or make a connection to her or her Spartan IV bretheren. Chief is a legend there should have been like a huge Spartan briefing/we found teh Chief party.

In Halo 1-3 I knew Johnson was a badass and was in command when he was on the field or in a cutscene. To sum it up we need Palmer to kill more and say corny dialogue less. Perhaps she could join us on a mission.

Oh look, this thread again.

She not using it as a pejorative. Its a harmless nickname like grunt or jarhead. Nicknames like this are very common in interdisciplinary banter.

Also, as an egghead I don’t find the word offensive at all.

I heard that a few times…Palmer says it quite a few times. i crack up on that.

You sound like an egghead to me, egghead!

who cares they’re not Real People! lolol damn nerds ruin everything lol

Egghead topic.

as far as i know only Palmer calls them that. But she says it a lot.
the first two times was funny, (but that was all in the first cutscene), but after a while it got to “ok Palmer. that jokes from the 20th century, right now its the 26th, learn a new joke.”

Palmer’s just a pretty bad character, the definition of a “strong independent spartan woman who don’t need to back up”. Every festering word that leaks from her mouth reeks of over compensating. I hope she’s not intended as Johnson 2.0. But hey, maybe we will see some character development over the course of spartan op’s, unlikely but there’s a chance.

I call them “Lab-Coats”.