Educating The Masses (DMR's & Boltshots)

Somehow this horse was beat to death but people are still running around misinformed. Let me help you…

Take-home message: you are better off using a BR on the smaller maps. Boltshot is a more skilled (and alternative to the) plasma.

There are only 2 downsides of the BR vs the DMR on small maps: 1) 2 less shots in the clip, and 2) less aim-assist range (less important on small maps but to be fair is existent). On a larger map you have the spread that makes the BR not so effective, but that is why I suggest using the BR on small maps.

What you gain: the ability to 4 shot where the DMR would be a 5 shot.

Did you throw a grenade and just scrape their shields? 4 shot BR kill, 5 shot DMR. DMR shots not bleeding through shields is such a big deal that it is absolutely fascinating how often it is ignored.

You do not need every bullet of each BR burst to hit and still be a 5 shot kill.

The rumor of a DMR killing faster than a BR is sham. (Try it yourself).

Boltshot is just a more skilled version of throwing a plasma grenade. There are currently 3 ways to be threatening (through loadout weapons) in very close quarters: 1) boltshot, 2) plasma grenade, 3) plasma pistol + melee. Boltshot takes the most skill and has little utility outside of its niche. The other options take little skill and have lots of utility. People get upset about the boltshot because it is new… there are more infuriating things out there.

Think of this as a public service announcement.

You better put on a flamesuit

Its not just the weapons that are the problem, its how people use them too. The Boltshot promotes camping. The DMR promotes camping. Camping is easier then ever in Halo

Thanks for the advice OP.
However, aim assist is what really is making people made about the DMR.
Turn that down, and buff vehicles to compensate for the PP/Plasma spawn, and you get a playable sandbox.

Thanks for the post! I’ve been wondering about the power:range difference between the DMR and BR, but haven’t tested it, cause, you know… there’s Halo to play. But this is really helpful.

I also like how you described the boltshot’s effectiveness compared to the plasma pistol- takes more skill but is less useful overall. However, I’d say the plasma grenade takes more skill than the boltshot. Sticking people is tough, especially with jetpacks, thruster packs, and hardlight shields.

Good post!

On smaller maps the DMR and BR are pretty much equal. The only advantage the DMR has is the distance it can used at.

Boltshot is by no means a “skilled” replacement for the plasma grenade. That part was just plain wrong.

> Its not just the weapons that are the problem, its how people use them too. The Boltshot promotes camping. The DMR promotes camping. Camping is easier then ever in Halo

Lol wow. “Boltshot” and “skill” do not go together.

DMR > BR on any range. It’s a fact and posted many times here on this board with videos and examples. DMR shoots faster and both weapons are 5 shot kill guns btw.

You only lose to a BR in CQC if your aim (as the DMR user) is horrible or the BR user’s is. And on high distance, yeah, no chance for other guns besides teh lighr rifle. So yes, what we see here: The CQC abilities of the DMR are seriously out of place and shouldn’t be there.

The gun needs a RoF nerf. I don’t know why people still can’t see that the DMRs CQC and long range abilities are too good and that this gun only should have ONE big advantage, not two(!) like EVERY OTHER gun has.

And Boltshot is OP. There is no way to defend this weapon or giving tips. As if you think everyone here is stupid or so. Most people here know how to play teh game cauz casuals mostly wont find their way here to a forum. It’s instant kill range is 9.5 meters makes her the most deadly shotgun in the whole game. A loadout gun beats both, Scattershot and Shotgun <<< POWERWEAPONS! And even if you make one guy oneshot only, you can still use melee for the kill, which nullifies every other shotgun in the game.

Your most used weapon is the DMR, yet you claim its balanced, because without being able to abuse it, as well as the boltshot you will be much worse off.

The DMR kills quicker than the BR, has more range, is more accurate, has more ammo, and has more aim assist, yet herp derp, the BR is just as good.

For the record my most used weapon is the BR, I just feel bad using the DMR, its like putting the game onto easy mode, which you obviously need to play on, judging by your abuse and defense of the DMR and Boltshot.

bolt shot is the noob weapon of halo 4
it is not even a plasma B.F. combo
they made this game for the newcomers not the fans

I’m really not a big fan of DMR and BS, but if people want to use it its fine.

As someone mentioned above, it promotes camping, more so when combined with some AAs. There’s my problem with it.

I truly hope they don’t put Boltshot in eventual CSR playlist loadouts.

Can’t really agree to this.

I think the DMR is by far superior at long and mid range.

Close Range the BR got the upper hand because of the scatter effect.

What seriously pisses me of, is the overuse of Boltshot … , people are sitting after every corne just waiting… used like this its almost stronger than a “super” weapon like sword etc…

I think i should be nerfed to not 1 shot but just deplete all of the enemys shield.

One-Shotting with a Second Weapon is just to overpowered.

Plasma Gun is fine , Vehicles are still powerfull enough. If you got a little Backup or agile enough there aren’t a problem. Other Way Round the Same, just a little Timing is need to make work ( The Projectile even has a little drift if fired ) .

DMR kill more fast than BR, is a fact.

I find the boltshot so easy to use, if you think it requires skill then wow just wow

I see two main problems with the OP. Besides camping, the use of a nade with the BR escapes everyone’s mind as when one nade is thrown they throw the other in hopes of getting that lucky kill without having to use their gun.

equips flame suit

To be honest. The DMR is starting to grow on me. I really like the Marines (enlisting next year) and the DMR just reminds me of the M16 with an ACOG equipped. Semi-automatic, versatile, accurate, it reminds me so much of the marksman rifle Marines in today’s Corps come to know and love. I like it not for it’s obnoxious power, but the design. I still wish it’d get nerfed. But, even when I use it, I refuse to camp with it. I still move around the map constantly as I would with a Battle Rifle or Assault Rifle.

I still despise the Boltshot’s obnoxious 1SK power with a burning passion that could out-burn the sun 10 times over.

> DMR > BR on any range. It’s a fact and posted many times here on this board with videos and examples. DMR shoots faster and both weapons are 5 shot kill guns btw.
>
> You only lose to a BR in CQC if your aim (as the DMR user) is horrible or the BR user’s is. And on high distance, yeah, no chance for other guns besides teh lighr rifle. So yes, what we see here: The CQC abilities of the DMR are seriously out of place and shouldn’t be there.
>
> The gun needs a RoF nerf. I don’t know why people still can’t see that the DMRs CQC and long range abilities are too good and that this gun only should have ONE big advantage, not two(!) like EVERY OTHER gun has.
>
>
> And Boltshot is OP. There is no way to defend this weapon or giving tips. As if you think everyone here is stupid or so. Most people here know how to play teh game cauz casuals mostly wont find their way here to a forum. It’s instant kill range is 9.5 meters makes her the most deadly shotgun in the whole game. A loadout gun beats both, Scattershot and Shotgun <<< POWERWEAPONS! And even if you make one guy oneshot only, you can still use melee for the kill, which nullifies every other shotgun in the game.

This, basically.

http://www.halocouncil.com/community/index.php?/topic/12399-r-the-halo-utility-weapon-thread-by-duji-and-k2five/

Agreed 100%

OP is the one misinformed.

The DMR does kill faster than the BR.