Edited by Mod to avoid rumors.

343 Industries has posted a job vacancy looking for a Creative Director that can “deliver a groundbreaking new AAA entertainment experience set in the Halo universe“.

Hmmmmmm, I wonder if this newly available position has been made more accessible to appeal to a broad demographic.

Wow, can’t believe they fired Josh Holmes…

Yeah, apparently it’s been vacant since 343 was created.
ba-dum tish

I kid I kid.

> Wow, can’t believe they fired Josh Holmes…

Wait what? Why, he was actually one of the good guys!?!

> > Wow, can’t believe they fired Josh Holmes…
>
> Wait what? Why, he was actually one of the good guys!?!

You obviously didn’t pay attention to the GDC panel thread…

Probably got tired of this place. I know I am.

If it’s true, that’s good news.

> Wow, can’t believe they fired Josh Holmes…

I don’t think they did. He’s probably continuing to work on Halo 4 or Spops Season 2 or Halo 2: Anniversary or whatever is coming out this year/2014.

This new person they’re trying to hire is probably for Creative Director of Halo 5, which would be great.

Interesting…

> You obviously didn’t pay attention to the GDC panel thread…

I did, sure he made some pretty terrible choices, but he seems genuinely up for sorting them out either on this title or the next installment!

> > You obviously didn’t pay attention to the GDC panel thread…
>
> I did, sure he made some pretty terrible choices, but he seems genuinely up for sorting them out either on this title or the next installment!

He’s better off taking his talents to another franchise. He obviously wasn’t a fit for Halo, as his design philosophies largely confict with the essence of Halo and the interests of the majority of the fanbase.

But it’s not JUST him making the choices, it’s a group of people doing it all really, blaming one guy is like blaming a single -Yoink!- solider for the WHOLE of World War II.

Sure he had a big part in it, and sure they made some horse shot choices with the game, but you can’t blame it on just one guy.

> But it’s not JUST him making the choices, it’s a group of people doing it all really, blaming one guy is like blaming a single -Yoink!- solider for the WHOLE of World War II.
>
> Sure he had a big part in it, and sure they made some horse shot choices with the game, but you can’t blame it on just one guy.

If they want to salvage what goodness is left in this franchise, they have to start somewhere. The fan reactions after GDC went a long way in proving he doesn’t belong as a part of Halo’s future.

I see three possibilities.

After the GDC fiasco, 343i either 1) fired him, or he 2) left on his own. I doubt 343i would fire him right off the bat, but I wouldn’t blame him for leaving. However, his response in the recent bulletin seemed to make it clear he’s sticking around.

So the third option is most likely: Holmes’ is Halo 4’s creative director. They’re bringing in an entirely different person for Halo 5 (they practically say that it’s Halo 5 with the whole “groundbreaking new AAA experience” part), probably in light of how much negativity Halo 4 has. Holmes will continue to support Halo 4, but he and his team will likely get demoted to a more grunt-work or advisory role for Halo 5.

I see this as a good thing. 343i needs someone willing to cater to both audiences more than Halo 4 does, so they need a new person with a different vision.

Wait, did Josh Holmes actually get fired?

What proof do you have of this? Because all I can see is 343 hiring someone else.

How about they get some people that know how to make a game that runs well on-line!

Or someone with enough sense to include region filtering in the matchmaking!

Just some thoughts

I bet he got fired, This game almost has the same population as Halo: Reach.

About time people got fired, i’m shocked Microsoft did not fire them all.

This thread is going to be deleted.

> Probably got tired of this place. I know I am.

Yup. Someone would quit their profession and give up their source of income because they are tired of a forum. Gotta be it…

As I said in another thread similar to this one:

Let’s not spread misinformation or try to stir things up please. That’s neither helpful nor constructive in any way.