[Edited by a moderator]

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

A Hacker found things on Halo 4. It is call “That Which Must Not Be Named”.
Watch the video in the link below.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvdf5n-zI14&list=PLNdL7ize2kdMGWBXuNd12V3j52ArFxZDK

Yeah I saw this, kinda wish they had stayed in.

The -snip- might be a little bit overpowered, but -snip- looks awesome.

I always wish with a -snip- on Halo and today when I saw this video i wonder why 343 do not included officially.

343i talked about these **-snip-**s in one their podcasts prelease.

This is amazing.

with a little balancing i think they could work well.
maybe change the -snip- to something like, you can
use it only to -snip-.
a little bit like the -snip-, just faster.
and the -snip- looks also awesome, i think with a
little tuning & balancing it could also work.

Must be fixed and used in a future TU.

MUST!

I read this somewhere so don’t judge me if i’m wrong .

343 said that this -snip- were way overpowered but still they putted in halo 4.

The -snip- would be pretty awesome- perhaps it could be changed to disable a random HUD element on an enemy to make it more fair.

> with a little balancing**…**

Thereby making the jetpack obsolete.

I can see why -snip- was cut, that would be a terrible ability, everyone would be -snip- when they were getting shot. On the other hand -snip- looks like a nice ability, a way to -snip- would be great, that way no one would use AA’s as a crutch.

That -snip- would cause SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much BS in multiplayer

Well for 1, the -snip- isn’t fully implemented. The animations, the basic functions and such work, however there are 2 main issues with the -snip-.

-There is no Icon on your HUD for the -snip-. You get the basic circle for the -snip- Energy, but no icon in the middle. However, if you swap for an on-map -snip-, then it gets an icon, also noticed as an Up Arrow.

-If using -snip- and you let the energy run completely out to 0, you will be Killed by the Guardians upon stopping the -snip-. Only way to survive is to prematurely stop the -snip- by pressing the -snip- button on your controller before it completely depletes.

The -other snip- seems fairly balanced as well. I’m not sure if if it just STOPS -snip- within a radius for a predetermined amount of time, or if it forces everyone’s -snip- Energy to automatically drop to 0 in order to cancel it. It takes quite awhile to build the -snip- Energy back up on this, so I think it’s perfectly balanced already.

It is pretty cool, but it’s modded, so you aren’t allowed to talk about it here.

wish the woulda kept -snip- : /

Sadly my fellow Spartan, we can’t talk about modded content on the Waypoint forums.

This thread will be locked in a bit, so yea. Just make sure not to continue to talk about it. Threads like these have been popping up all day, so just please refrain from talking about modded content.

I will say this though, it is pretty cool.

| Very interesting OP.
I believe -snip- had been mentioned before the release,**
but we were never able to see it in action.
I do like both of the -snip-. however, I can see why they were taken out.
-snip- looks like the precursor to the Thruster Pack.
While the “-snip--snip-, wouldn’t be balanced enough for multiplayer;
I could possibly see it in Custom, SpOps, and Campaign.
Thank you for the information. |
/Tuo Silentium Mortis
/Semper Vigilans

Shadowrun anyone?

They probably asked MLG and they said they were no skill, so they took it out :stuck_out_tongue:

-snip- seems like the answer to every AA complaint ever created. Not sure why they took it out.

Although I do find it odd that he talked about fall damage, since they removed it.

> They probably asked MLG and they said they were no skill, so they took it out :stuck_out_tongue:
>
>
> -snip- seems like the answer to every AA complaint ever created. Not sure why they took it out.
>
> Although I do find it odd that he talked about fall damage, since they removed it.

343 obviously NEVER asked MLG for a single piece of advice when they were making Halo 4.