[Edited by a moderator]

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not discuss modifying or hacking content on an Xbox console.

If they dont allow that in the TU update along with the removal of flinch and the additino of descope… I don’t know what is going to happen my friend.

Just wait for the TU to play -snip- (I hope)

sprint should be in this game, but since a lot of people hate it I think you should just stop sprinting when you get shot. You can start to sprint again after 5 seconds. That seems fair to me.

Sprinting is JUST FINE. I always wondered why a spartan could never run, although we see it in cut scenes, and in the books, and most games have sprint.

If it was not for them putting sprint in by default, i might not have played this game.

I think Halo has needed this feature. I am ok with this

I prefer the standard settings. (The settings 95% of Halo players play.)

There is nothing wrong with sprint. It’s a great addition.

>

This is old news. Countless modders have made -snip- and -snip- (and combinations of the 2) for every gametype in the game.

> There is nothing wrong with sprint. It’s a great addition.

i didnt say sprint is bad, is just want to play some classic halo.

With br, no sprint and remake maps.

> Sprinting is JUST FINE. I always wondered why a spartan could never run, although we see it in cut scenes, and in the books, and most games have sprint.
>
> If it was not for them putting sprint in by default, i might not have played this game.

Meh…never heard of a flying jet pack in the novels, as well as regen field, bubble shield, thruster pack, armor lock…etc. There is no use for Sprint in the Halo games, except to just make it look like you’re running faster, with maps being made larger to balance gameplay, making them ugly, dysfunctional, and the mess we see in Halo Reach and Halo 4 maps. Sprint was never meant for Halo, and I don’t know why it was added as an “upgrade.”

Making you run faster doesn’t mean better gameplay, and I don’t know why people feel that way, or even see that. Really…making you run faster now makes you a better player? Intrigue me, how?

In conclusion, Sprint was never meant for Halo multiplayer. You can add as much Sprint and Jetpack into campaign, but isolate that from campaign.

no it is not. it IS BAD and this is why-

Here are the reasons I feel sprint killed halo
Sprint ruined maps. Game designers felt they had to make maps huge, map developers didn’t get worse, having to work with sprint and feeling that things had to be changed without a good reason why made maps worse. Don’t muddle the issue with thinking that all of a sudden map designers just got terrible, no, they tried to compensate.
Sprint Destroys Spawn trapping to a degree
Sprint Destroys Setups
Sprint Destroys Tension
Sprint kills strategy
Sprint makes the game harder to follow and less entertaining from a spectator’s prospective. Seriously, who the hell can honestly say that halo reach with sprint and halo 4 is more entertaining to watch than h1, h2, or h3?
Sprint almost completely eliminates punishment for stupid plays
Sprint creates randomness
Sprint dumbs down gameplay, e.g. see all points.
Sprint ruins call outs to a degree and makes mollifies the effectiveness of communication. Players are no where near where they were last seen much of the time.
It wasn’t necessary to copy every other game, reach and 4 would have sold just as many copies without spring. They did it before and there’s no reason to think things would have chance
Lastly and most importantly, sprint is not halo. Halo was unique and the gameplay was brilliant in the simplistic creativity it engendered without sprint.

> There is nothing wrong with sprint. It’s a great addition.

> sprint should be in this game, but since a lot of people hate it I think you should just stop sprinting when you get shot. You can start to sprint again after 5 seconds. That seems fair to me.

That’s not the only reason why people hate sprint. This already exists to an extent anyways.

> no it is not. it IS BAD and this is why-
>
> Here are the reasons I feel sprint killed halo
> Sprint ruined maps. Game designers felt they had to make maps huge, map developers didn’t get worse, having to work with sprint and feeling that things had to be changed without a good reason why made maps worse. Don’t muddle the issue with thinking that all of a sudden map designers just got terrible, no, they tried to compensate.
> Sprint Destroys Spawn trapping to a degree
> Sprint Destroys Setups
> Sprint Destroys Tension
> Sprint kills strategy
> Sprint makes the game harder to follow and less entertaining from a spectator’s prospective. Seriously, who the hell can honestly say that halo reach with sprint and halo 4 is more entertaining to watch than h1, h2, or h3?
> Sprint almost completely eliminates punishment for stupid plays
> Sprint creates randomness
> Sprint dumbs down gameplay, e.g. see all points.
> Sprint ruins call outs to a degree and makes mollifies the effectiveness of communication. Players are no where near where they were last seen much of the time.
> It wasn’t necessary to copy every other game, reach and 4 would have sold just as many copies without spring. They did it before and there’s no reason to think things would have chance
> Lastly and most importantly, sprint is not halo. Halo was unique and the gameplay was brilliant in the simplistic creativity it engendered without sprint.
>
>
>
>
> > There is nothing wrong with sprint. It’s a great addition.

You cannot seriously blame all of this on sprint. I do not understand what is so bad about it. There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many things that people should be complaining about besides sprint. Sprint does not make this game unbalanced in any way in my opinion, and i do not care if sprint was never in halo before it is just the ability to run it is no big deal man get over it.

> > Sprinting is JUST FINE. I always wondered why a spartan could never run, although we see it in cut scenes, and in the books, and most games have sprint.
> >
> > If it was not for them putting sprint in by default, i might not have played this game.
>
> Meh…never heard of a flying jet pack in the novels, as well as regen field, bubble shield, thruster pack, armor lock…etc. There is no use for Sprint in the Halo games, except to just make it look like you’re running faster, with maps being made larger to balance gameplay, making them ugly, dysfunctional, and the mess we see in Halo Reach and Halo 4 maps. Sprint was never meant for Halo, and I don’t know why it was added as an “upgrade.”
>
> Making you run faster doesn’t mean better gameplay, and I don’t know why people feel that way, or even see that. Really…making you run faster now makes you a better player? Intrigue me, how?
>
> In conclusion, Sprint was never meant for Halo multiplayer. You can add as much Sprint and Jetpack into campaign, but isolate that from campaign.

Halo gameplay cannot stay the same forever, and i fear that if sprint was the ONLY thing that changed about halo, then everyone would still complain, and that is just pathetic.

It always felt like halo 3 matches went real slow, but that is just my opinion, but do not make sprint into something that is completely ruining the game because it is not.

> I do not understand what is so bad about it.

Which is why you should not speak of it. I don’t agree entirely with his list either, but sprint has many negative impacts on the game.

  1. In order to compensate for spints added speed, base speed was nerfed. Meaning you move slower and strafe less when walking.

This is pretty significant alone, but paired with the game’s increased aim assist you might as well not bother with strafing at all.

  1. The person running has the advantage. His teammates can defend him while he is running toward them. You have lowered your weapon in order to sprint, so you can’t attack him without forcing yourself to stop running.

  2. Going back to #1, it’s unnecessary. Why is sprint a needed feature when people could just walk at sprinting speed and fire their gun at the same time? It harms gunplay.

  3. Stunning is implemented to help alleviate #2. All it really accomplishes is preventing people from moving around the map. Can’t run from cover to cover if you are getting stunned by fast firing weapons like the DMR…

Sprint is an illusion. You only FEEL like you are going faster. You aren’t moving any faster than you were in Halo CE. In fact, you are moving slower.
Sprint gives you temporary speed boosts (i.e. the same walking speed as some of the past Halo games) at the cost of having to recharge, being able to be stunned, and not being able to shoot and move at the same time.

It is literally a downgrade to faster walking speed.

Some argue this raises the skill level of knowing when and when not to sprint. I disagree, I believe it lowers the skill level for the reasons above.

As for being an illusion, it feels good but doesn’t justify the issues it brings.

> and most games have sprint.
>
> If it was not for them putting sprint in by default, i might not have played this game.

Halo never was “most games”. I’m tired of people trying to change it into “most games”.

I have no issue with people who dislike Halo. I just really hate the ones who try to force aspects of their favorite games into my favorite game.

> There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many things that people should be complaining about besides sprint.

I actually agree. I dislike sprint, but it is at the bottom of my list when it comes to issues with this game.

> > I do not understand what is so bad about it.
>
> Which is why you should not speak of it. I don’t agree entirely with his list either, but sprint has many negative impacts on the game.
>
> 1. In order to compensate for spints added speed, base speed was nerfed. Meaning you move slower and strafe less when walking.
>
> This is pretty significant alone, but paired with the game’s increased aim assist you might as well not bother with strafing at all.
>
> 2. The person running has the advantage. His teammates can defend him while he is running toward them. You have lowered your weapon in order to sprint, so you can’t attack him without forcing yourself to stop running.
>
> 3. Going back to #1, it’s unnecessary. Why is sprint a needed feature when people could just walk at sprinting speed and fire their gun at the same time? It harms gunplay.
>
> 4. Stunning is implemented to help alleviate #2. All it really accomplishes is preventing people from moving around the map. Can’t run from cover to cover if you are getting stunned by fast firing weapons like the DMR…
>
> Sprint is an illusion. You only FEEL like you are going faster. You aren’t moving any faster than you were in Halo CE. In fact, you are moving slower.
> Sprint gives you temporary speed boosts (i.e. the same walking speed as some of the past Halo games) at the cost of having to recharge, being able to be stunned, and not being able to shoot and move at the same time.
>
> It is literally a downgrade to faster walking speed.
>
> Some argue this raises the skill level of knowing when and when not to sprint. I disagree, I believe it lowers the skill level for the reasons above.
>
> As for being an illusion, it feels good but doesn’t justify the issues it brings.
>
>
>
> > and most games have sprint.
> >
> > If it was not for them putting sprint in by default, i might not have played this game.
>
> Halo never was “most games”. I’m tired of people trying to change it into “most games”.
>
> I have no issue with people who dislike Halo. I just really hate the ones who try to force aspects of their favorite games into my favorite game.
>
>
>
> > There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many things that people should be complaining about besides sprint.
>
> I actually agree. I dislike sprint, but it is at the bottom of my list when it comes to issues with this game.

The only thing that i really see a s a problem is number 1 and i do not blame sprint for that, i blame the choice of the developers. I do not believe that movement speed had to be lowered to compensate for a short burst of speed. The only reason i ever die is because of bs like camo and camping, but i can never blame sprint. Your right sprint did not have to be added, but i do not think that mechanic is bad, but the way it was implemented in to halo. My last opinion is that it is not bad to put somethings in to halo that are in other games. It may be your favorite and mine, but we should consider ways to improve things that bring something unique to the game and get rid of what is not. As i stated before sprint is not needed, but it is the only things that has not ruined the experience of halo 4 for me

> > I do not understand what is so bad about it.
>
> Which is why you should not speak of it. I don’t agree entirely with his list either, but sprint has many negative impacts on the game.
>
> 1. In order to compensate for spints added speed, base speed was nerfed. Meaning you move slower and strafe less when walking.
>
> This is pretty significant alone, but paired with the game’s increased aim assist you might as well not bother with strafing at all.
>
> 2. The person running has the advantage. His teammates can defend him while he is running toward them. You have lowered your weapon in order to sprint, so you can’t attack him without forcing yourself to stop running.
>
> 3. Going back to #1, it’s unnecessary. Why is sprint a needed feature when people could just walk at sprinting speed and fire their gun at the same time? It harms gunplay.
>
> 4. Stunning is implemented to help alleviate #2. All it really accomplishes is preventing people from moving around the map. Can’t run from cover to cover if you are getting stunned by fast firing weapons like the DMR…
>
> Sprint is an illusion. You only FEEL like you are going faster. You aren’t moving any faster than you were in Halo CE. In fact, you are moving slower.
> Sprint gives you temporary speed boosts (i.e. the same walking speed as some of the past Halo games) at the cost of having to recharge, being able to be stunned, and not being able to shoot and move at the same time.
>
> It is literally a downgrade to faster walking speed.
>
> Some argue this raises the skill level of knowing when and when not to sprint. I disagree, I believe it lowers the skill level for the reasons above.
>
> As for being an illusion, it feels good but doesn’t justify the issues it brings.
>
>
>
> > and most games have sprint.
> >
> > If it was not for them putting sprint in by default, i might not have played this game.
>
> Halo never was “most games”. I’m tired of people trying to change it into “most games”.
>
> I have no issue with people who dislike Halo. I just really hate the ones who try to force aspects of their favorite games into my favorite game.
>
>
>
> > There are sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many things that people should be complaining about besides sprint.
>
> I actually agree. I dislike sprint, but it is at the bottom of my list when it comes to issues with this game.

The movement speed in Halo 4 was confirmed to be the same as Halo 3’s quite some time ago. I don’t know why everyone persists on saying it’s slow.

I like sprint. I’m glad its here. And also don’t mind being the bearer of bad news to some of you: its not going anywhere.

Old news. Been playing no sprint custom games since Christmas… And the gametype has been made long before that.

No sprint game type is actually a much better gametype for BTB. It’s like the anti camper gametype

  1. campers are sitting still
  2. faster movement speed means you are a bit harder to hit
  3. you don’t have to wait for your gun to rise (gun lowered during sprint)
  4. while you are shooting, since movement speed is increased strafe is more effective.

Normal sprint gametypes slowdown gameplay, fact.