EDIT: Ultimate Challenge is MISLABELED. Gotta WIN

Trying to complete the Ultimate Challenge; Complete 5 Fiesta matches.
I just completed 5 and only 2 of them registered towards my challenges.
Only 2. Out of 5.
I don’t even like Fiesta.
Starting to really hate this game.
Garbage.
Just plain trash.

Edit: Now 2 out of 6… ugh

Edit AGAIN… welp, after getting a tip from a fellow contributor I now realize that you must WIN the games in order for it to count towards the challenge. That is NOT what the challenge states, and we’ve all seen challenges before that do state as such. This is just another sign that 343 is not doing a good job… I mean it’s basic.

5 Likes

and that’s why i stopped playing, btw did you win those two matches that it counted?

1 Like

I don’t think I won the most recent, not really sure though. I don’t really care about the wins in Fiesta, just trying to ‘complete’ the matches for the challenge.
Which I SHOULD have completed by now.
So damn annoying.

i read in another post a few minutes ago that the challenge is mislabeled, and you have to get wins

2 Likes

Perhaps… I just lost one and it did NOT count.
I mean, if I knew I had to win I might play harder… I’m with Randoms and am basically just coasting to the end.
I’ll see if I get credit after a win and update if so… but still, if that’s the case it’s just another sign of the incompetence of 343.

You must win the 5 matches to complete the challenge bro.

They are trolling with these challenges. I won’t be surprised if one down the road says “Complete 5 fiesta matches” but the completion criteria actually ends up being “Win 5 FFA matches”.

So cryptic and broken.

2 Likes

I’m beginning to realize that. However, that is NOT what the challenge states… bro.

5 Likes

That’s it I guess… I just played 2 matches. Got credit only for the one that I won.
343 bad.

4 Likes

It feels like a complete lack of respect to their player base…

Yeah it really sucks, It was a bug surprise when I realized that in the same way as you, but we can’t do anything, just complaining but they will do nothing about this unfortunately.

1 Like

This has happened quite a few times, but in the opposite case: where I’ve been told to win matches, I’ve only had to complete them. It’s bizarre how this has kept happening for so long. I imagine weeklies are one of the few things retaining players, it might be an idea to put fixing them nearer the top of the priorities list.

1 Like

Typos are miss in this game… it even says ‘season two’ when you complete the challenge and collect the reward on the battle pass!

Pure laziness!

1 Like

Well hell! At least now I know that I can complete the challenge. I was extremely angry that I had grinded the damn challenges only for the thing to bug out at the end. Mislabeled not as bad as unattainable.

1 Like

Same thing with the weekly during the Cyber showdown event

1 Like

Wasn’t it the other way around then? That the challenge said ‘win’, but it only required your to ‘complete’ a match?

2 Likes

Yes it was.
Maybe this is “getting even”?
Jokes aside, mislabels are annoying no matter which way they go.

1 Like

Yes, I was referring to it being mislabeled