Edit: My suggestions for weapons in HALO 4

TL; DR: Streamlined RECON Magnum, Radiation Grenade and Fusion Core as weapons. Wanna read it now? -_-

SRM (Streamlined RECON Magnum): ODST Magnum, back in all it’s glory, with a slight power increase. 9 shots to kill.

Screen name: SRM
eg; Picked up a SRM

Radiation Grenade: FRG rods, holstered. Throws normally. Explodes on impact, no bounce. Kills in one.

Screen name: Radiation Grenade
eg; Picked up a Radiation Grenade

Fusion core: Would fire a beam not unlike the space banshee shots…but takes 0.2 seconds to kill. Has 100 battery, loses battery at a rate of 10 a second. Overheating causes an animation where the character burns his/her hand. Can be reloaded, can be reloaded but only with a completely new clip, so if you don’t use the entire clip, you lose that battery. You can still pick it up, but only for backups. The weapon being:
Shot
Dropped from a large height
Or otherwise caused damage:

It will launch a five second fuse. You have a choice:
Click right trigger to throw the weapon like a grenade.
Click and hold left trigger to defuse (requires 1 second, then can still be used, but cannot be damaged to activate the fuse, where the battery bar was, a defuse bar from 0 to 100 percent will fill up).
If it is on the ground it will fly around like a propane tank before exploding.
Don’t do anything. Die.

The explosion is as big as two plasmas are in reach.

Screen name: Fusion Core (Unstable)
Screen name when defused: Fusion Core (Stable)
eg; Picked up a Fusion Core (Unstable)
eg; Picked up a Fusion Core (Stable)

The gun can be defused as soon as picked up by holding right stick (has no zoom) but cannot shoot during defuse
The gun cannot be used as a grenade then.

TL;DR but I like your style.

+SMG and we have a deal

Add on: SMG (SubMachine Gun): Back in all it’s halo two glory, with a small power decrease.
Silenced SMG: Back from ODST…but better.

I liked the SRM idea…

/that is all.

I stopped reading when you said the ODST magnum should be a 6 shot kill. That would be ridiculously fast and OP as heck.

SRM (Streamlined RECON Magnum): ODST Magnum, back in all it’s glory, with a slight power increase. 9 shots to kill.

Screen name: SRM
eg; Picked up a SRM

The SRM is my weapon suggestion for halo 4/5. It would be:
-Small
-Black
-Silenced
-12 shots in a clip
-60 shots in backup total
-30 default
-9 shots to kill
-Quick reload, no ROF, automatic
-Dualwieldable
-By default the backup in the first mission of campaign
-Would be useful for quick kills
-By default would NOT be a spawn with weapon, except for invasion?
-Most ODSTs you find will have it

ADD MORE DETAILS FOR THE SRM (Streamlined RECON Magnum) BELOW!

THE BEST IDEAS WILL BE INCORPERATED INTO THE OP.

I think this would only fit in an ODST style game, not Halo 4, 5, or 6.

Really, is John going to be all sneaky and smooth all of a sudden? Maybe in a mission or two, but not the whole game.

Actually, after thinking about it, it would be cool if it was just a Magnum, but you were able to put on/take off the silencer, depending on the situation.

Silenced=less damage?

Shooting someone 9 times to kill doesnt seem a bit crazy to you?

I liked the Halo 2 pistol. M6Cs are awesome, and feel like a quick “Finish him off” weapon.

Chief is more of a shot his way out character. Why would he need a silencer.

> Chief is more of a shot his way out character. Why would he need a silencer.

read the fall of reach, nuff said

9 shots is wayyy too many for a kill, the Pistol needs to be a 4 or 3 shot kill and I vote the later, as well as the BR.

> Add on: SMG (SubMachine Gun): Back in all it’s halo two glory, with a small power decrease.
> Silenced SMG: Back from ODST…but better.

This, and the the CE pistol.