EASY STICKY DETONATOR KILLS?

Anyone have some tips or tricks for obtaining sticky det kills? Or at least a way of getting the sticky set a little more often? Any help is much appreciated!

It is right off spawn on vortex in dominion. I also seem to get it often in my personal ordnance. As for the other map layouts i forget due to them recently changing them.

When another player comes in to hit toss a stick at them and run for your life! that what do because I have a bad arm.

If you aren’t good at sticking people with it I can think of two things you can do.

1. Stick it right around a corner where people coming around can’t see it. Wait for someone to walk in front of it and BOOM. You could easily use the radar to anticipate someone instead of just sticking it and camping for 5 minutes if you aren’t into that.

2. When you’re doing the dance with someone shoot it right under their feet, slightly ahead of their movements. If someone jumps you could stick it right where they’ll land for a guaranteed kill. If you try this while they’re strafing most smart players will jump and avoid the kill radius if you aren’t accurate.

> It is right off spawn on vortex in dominion. I also seem to get it often in my personal ordnance. As for the other map layouts i forget due to them recently changing them.

Good luck getting a map that isn’t Exile or Longbow in Dominion. 4/5 games are on f*cking Exile.

If you want sticky det kills, you need to play Team Objective or CTF. It’s really the only way to get a semi-reasonable chance of getting them. The sticky det is best in CTF because you can repeatedly booby trap the flag and get kill after kill on small maps like Adrift.

I feel your pain. I’m at 151/250 kills with it and it’s the rarest weapon in the game.

> I feel your pain. I’m at 151/250 kills with it and it’s the rarest weapon in the game.

Play team doubles, its one of the only power weapons used for that playlist :slight_smile: That and the railgun.

> If you aren’t good at sticking people with it I can think of two things you can do.
>
> 1) Stick it right around a corner where people coming around can’t see it. Wait for someone to walk in front of it and BOOM. You could easily use the radar to anticipate someone instead of just sticking it and camping for 5 minutes if you aren’t into that.
>
> 2) When you’re doing the dance with someone shoot it right under their feet, slightly ahead of their movements. If someone jumps you could stick it right where they’ll land for a guaranteed kill. If you try this while they’re strafing most smart players will jump and avoid the kill radius if you aren’t accurate.

This guy has the right idea. Pretty much exactly what I do. I’d also like to add;

• You can stick them on walls or on the ground real quick if someone chases you around a corner. If you have even a slight bit of room, you should have no problem getting easy kills on chasers.

Skyline Majestic DLC is pretty good for working on sticky detonator commendation.

Get it in your ordnance on adrift for easy peasy kills. Either use height advantage and shoot at their feet from above for a gimme kill or use the doorways to the halls to your advantage. As in step around the corner shoot at their feet or the wall next to them, and step back and detonate so they don’t get you first. Can easily kill most of a team 1 by 1 that way.

Those are the most efficient ways to use the sticky detonator regardless of the map, adrift is just perfectly set up for it.

Also I recommend dexterity, makes that reload very quick, it is a gamechanger when you use dexterity with sticky det or the railgun.

1. Have Host
  2. If you don’t have host try going for the direct hit.

Pull opponents into choke points, like doorways and cave entrances and you should have an increased chance of killing them due to proximity.

Use the Requisition loadout for ordinance drops and re-roll if you dont get a sticky detonator as an option.

Thanks everyone for the quick responses! Its the only UNSC ordinance weapon i still need to complete. Im like 80 kills away… I hadnt thought about sticking it walls when people are chasing me around corners, very good tip! So what seem to be the best playlists to search in for maps that usually spawn it on them?

> Thanks everyone for the quick responses! Its the only UNSC ordinance weapon i still need to complete. Im like 80 kills away… I hadnt thought about sticking it walls when people are chasing me around corners, very good tip! So what seem to be the best playlists to search in for maps that usually spawn it on them?

Read my post…

I can’t remember if you can stick yourself or not, but if you can you could stick yourself on the foot and go suicide bombing.

> I can’t remember if you can stick yourself or not, but if you can you could stick yourself on the foot and go suicide bombing.

Yeah that’s about the worst way of getting sticky det kills I can possibly imagine.

Play objective game types where everyone usually groups together like CTF or King of the Hill.

> > I can’t remember if you can stick yourself or not, but if you can you could stick yourself on the foot and go suicide bombing.
>
> Yeah that’s about the worst way of getting sticky det kills I can possibly imagine.

Yeah, but it would be funny.

> Play objective game types where everyone usually groups together like CTF or King of the Hill.

Specifically Extraction and CTF because the objective attracts people to a very precise spot. Baiting a flag with a sticky has netted me 8 kills in 1 game. Sticking people while they try to cap a beacon in Extraction is probably the easiest individual kill you can get.

Doubles on heaven also has it.

Maps with tight quarters may aid you too, such as Adrift or Skyline.