Easter egg on Midnight

Hey guys was just playing on midnight and when I got to the room with the 4 orange weapon holders and the hammer, I noticed not only is there 4 weapon holders but also 4 random movable boxes. So with a little effort I beat the boxs into place and used the 4 plasma grenades to put a box in each of the 4 orange rings. After I got them in I could have sworn I heard some sort of rumble or maybe the sound of something charging up. I looked about but couldn’t find anything but I thought I would let you guys know and see if anyone finds something I missed because it’s 2am here n I’m too tired.

Anyway if anyone tries this and finds something be sure to post it. Gd luck.

EDIT: what i did was beat the crates up so they line up centre with whatever ring im trying to get them in. I made sure they weren’t touching the ring, leave a gap. I think there is kind of a light coloured circle on the floor around each ring, i had the smallest little gap between that light circle and the crate. I then threw a single plasme grenade directly where the crate and floor connect (opposite side of the ring of course) and then it usually went in 100% of them time.

What are you smoking and can I have some?

Ignoring the derogatory comment above, you might be onto something. I’ll try it out myself and see. If there is a sound made, then this could lead to the Easter Egg being found. What difficulty were you playing on?

Thanks for posting this! I’ll check it out right now. If you’d like, I can post it in my thread based off finding these easter eggs?

Feel free, I’m going to try it again today. Last night i was too tired and tbh i’m not 100% it does anything but i’m still positive i heard something.

Are you sure the charging sound wasn’t just background noise? I’m up to that part now and there’s a lot of charging-like sounds in the background here.

Time to go investigate.

Did any of you find anything?

I gave up after about two hours of trying. I threw atleast 300 grenades, yet only managed to get one crate in the circles. I may try again later, but it seems extremely out of my capabilities.

What i found weird about that part of the level was that there was a random sentinel just flying around, it was like it wanted you to find the weapon cache

> Did any of you find anything?

I found it too frustrating trying to get the 4 crates into the rings - I don’t know how the OP managed to do it. So I gave up pretty quickly and decided to go investigate the Requiem easter egg for a while instead.

This Easter egg has been haunting me since the bulletin came out I’ve stayed up till 3 almost every night and tried every single thing on midnight and i still can’t find anything. I could see the weapon cache room being the key to all of this but i can’t figure out how it fits.

There has to be something on the platform with one portal in the room with the hologram of the composer.
It seems impossible to get to that platform I’ve even tried to jump on the pillars that fly up and down in the room to get to it. I know there is more to that portal than just aesthetics and there has to be a way to reach it.

> This Easter egg has been haunting me since the bulletin came out I’ve stayed up till 3 almost every night and tried every single thing on midnight and i still can’t find anything. I could see the weapon cache room being the key to all of this but i can’t figure out how it fits.
>
> There has to be something on the platform with one portal in the room with the hologram of the composer.
> It seems impossible to get to that platform I’ve even tried to jump on the pillars that fly up and down in the room to get to it. I know there is more to that portal than just aesthetics and there has to be a way to reach it.

This is why I used to love Halo 3 glitches, and finding skulls.
Butterfly Jump?

Hey guys, hope this helps.

what i did was beat the crates up so they line up centre with whatever ring im trying to get them in. I made sure they weren’t touching the ring, leave a gap. I think there is kind of a light coloured circle on the floor around each ring, i had the smallest little gap between that light circle and the crate. I then threw a single plasme grenade directly where the crate and floor connect (opposite side of the ring of course) and then it usually went in 100% of them time.

hope that helps

i haven’t touched Rally Point Alpha, it can’t be there right?

No need to keep doing the boxes in the weapon holders, nothing happened.

I loaded up rally point Charlie and went to the first room where you get weapons.

This too has 4 boxes that you can move. First I tried to move a box to stop the door closing behind me but when the next part loaded the box was gone.

I went back to the room with weapons and all 4 boxes were gone leaving AA’s floating in mid air.

Maybe a glitch or maybe part 2 of what you have tried above.

> I loaded up rally point Charlie and went to the first room where you get weapons.
>
> This too has 4 boxes that you can move. First I tried to move a box to stop the door closing behind me but when the next part loaded the box was gone.
>
> I went back to the room with weapons and all 4 boxes were gone leaving AA’s floating in mid air.
>
> Maybe a glitch or maybe part 2 of what you have tried above.

Yeah maybe we have to try put the 4 boxes in the rings then do it in the next area aswell?? just a thought

> I loaded up rally point Charlie and went to the first room where you get weapons.
>
> This too has 4 boxes that you can move. First I tried to move a box to stop the door closing behind me but when the next part loaded the box was gone.
>
> I went back to the room with weapons and all 4 boxes were gone leaving AA’s floating in mid air.
>
> Maybe a glitch or maybe part 2 of what you have tried above.

It’s either to limit box launching (those fiends!) or maybe, the easter egg is before that area.

From the hint all I figured is its near didact himself. All I can do right now is over examine the hint.
Something pleseant, locked up at the center of this ship.

you probably should play on legendary, the other easter eggs could only be done/found on legendary so it wouldn’t be weird if the one on midnight should be on legendary too