Easter Egg Mission 5: Unconfirmed

Mission 5: Unconfirmed, we have us an egg to spawn a Rocket Turret.
-Credit to WortWortWarthog for finding the GBP trigger.

Proceed through the mission until you enter the mine, to your right by the auto-turret controls a Soldier will walk up to a UNSC ammo crate and pick up a SAW. You have from the time the door begins to open to when it’s fully opened to kill this soldier, usually 2 sniper/binary headshots will do it. You will get the Grunt Birthday Party (video shows GBP skull is not on, IWHBYD is though but has no effect on the egg) sound if you killed him fast enough. Then proceed normally through the mission. In the next area where you fight the swarm of Crawlers, a Rocket Turret will spawn on the left side if you got the GBP sound. So far that’s all we have noticed, there may be more to this egg but we have not had a lot of time to check for changes.

Grunt Birthday Party-Rocket Turret
No GBP sound, no Rocket Turret

It is still unknown as to if this has to be done on Legendary or not, it can be done on Co-op. There might be more to this.

Is this the mission where the soldier jumps in the Warthog and drives? I suspect taking him out might add something

That was a easter egg?

> 2533275023922571;3:
> That was a easter egg?

apparently

There is a generator in that first area where you kill the Soldier (It’s identical to the one you can destroy at the beginning of Mission 3). It can be destroyed, but doesn’t seem to affect anything when it is destroyed or left functional. The Rocket Turret may just be the entire Easter Egg, but that Generator sticks out like a sore thumb.

> 2533275023922571;3:
> That was a easter egg?

There has to be more too it.

> 2533274886595350;4:
> > 2533275023922571;3:
> > That was a easter egg?
>
>
> apparently

Similar to a few in H4 where they gave you weapons and such. We suspect there’s more to it seeing has the eggs in Missions 1 and 2 were a lot more complex. I have not had a lot of time to fully explore after activating it, I did continue on with the mission up to the Warden but there were no obvious changes in terms of the enemies and other available weapons, that’s not to say are none, I just didn’t really look too hard. We are also currently working on mission 15, so we can use some help on this one and on 15’s.

Do you still need help doing mission 15 looking for eggs? Add me to your friends list i can help you out.

I’ve seen that turret in videos, but never seen it during my play on Legendary. Can you take it to fight the warden in the next part?

> 2533274919083535;9:
> I’ve seen that turret in videos, but never seen it during my play on Legendary. Can you take it to fight the warden in the next part?

Can you take it to the cut scene yes, does it survive the cut scene I don’t know. But you make a good point, this turret could make the fight much easier assuming he doesn’t eye-laser you.