Easiest Halo game solo on legendary

And here I could’ve sworn it was going to be Halo 4.

Halo 3 was for me with Halo 4 being a close 2nd. It’s that damn needler in Halo 4; all the Jackals had them.

Has to be Halo 3: ODST for me.

On Mombasa Streets you can side-step most enemies; you get a pistol with a scope in the majority of the missions so all you need is to find a plasma pistol for the Brutes; and on most missions you get other ODST’s helping you. And you can complete “Uplift Reserve” in under 4 minutes, even on Legendary.

I found H1 to be easiest on legendary, simply because more ammo was available. Hated the library so much, but on legendary you pretty much had infinite shotgun ammo, which made it easier than some of the lesser difficulties…

I thought about voting H2 just cause I know all the speedrun strats, but Those are hard as well

Quite honestly, Halo 3 is the easiest on solo legendary. The brutes are nothing compared to how they are in Halo 2 , so you can just run the game with a plasma pistol and a BR. Flood combat forms are also pretty weak, and can usually be dispatched with one or two BR bursts. ODST is only marginally harder because you don’t have energy shields, so brute punches are a little more dangerous.
Halo 4 is full of bullet sponges, so I wouldn’t really call its legendary campaign hard. It’s more tedious than anything.
CE is legitimately difficult, but I can blow through it with a plasma rifle and a magnum (shotgun for flood levels, obviously).
Reach’s AI’s are pretty smart, especially the evading elites, so I consider its legendary campaign “hard”.
Halo 2 is obviously by far the hardest game on legendary.

> 2533274794224435;6:
> I thought about voting H2 just cause I know all the speedrun strats, but Those are hard as well

Speedrun strats don’t count. For example, every level in Reach has a way to blaze through it in about 10 minutes or less with minimal enemy encounters, but we’re talking about going through the campaigns normally, so I picked Halo 3. Doing the campaigns legit, I’d say the order of the legendary campaigns (hardest at the top) looks something like this:

• Halo: CE
  • Halo 2
  • Halo: Reach
  • Halo 3: ODST
  • Halo 4
  • Halo 3

I honestly thought Halo 4 would have been the easiest.

Yeah it has to be Halo 3.

It has the option of 4 player co-op (which I know you said solo but I’madding this because the 4 player games in general are easier). And even though the AR isn’t as strong as Halo 4, it doesn’t have Knights. It has faster movement speed than Reach and ODST, stronger shields and closer combat. No bloom, doesn’t need health packs.

ODST has a shorter campaign.
Halo 4 has stronger weapons.

But the little things push Halo 3 to be the easiest.

Halo 2, you can just drive past everything half the time.

> 2533274815147687;8:
> > 2533274794224435;6:
> > I thought about voting H2 just cause I know all the speedrun strats, but Those are hard as well
>
>
> Speedrun strats don’t count. For example, every level in Reach has a way to blaze through it in about 10 minutes or less with minimal enemy encounters, but we’re talking about going through the campaigns normally, so I picked Halo 3. Doing the campaigns legit, I’d say the order of the legendary campaigns (hardest at the top) looks something like this:
>
> - Halo: CE
> - Halo 2
> - Halo: Reach
> - Halo 3: ODST
> - Halo 4
> - Halo 3

How is CE above 2?

> 2535441099340132;12:
> > 2533274815147687;8:
> > > 2533274794224435;6:
> > > I thought about voting H2 just cause I know all the speedrun strats, but Those are hard as well
> >
> >
> > Speedrun strats don’t count. For example, every level in Reach has a way to blaze through it in about 10 minutes or less with minimal enemy encounters, but we’re talking about going through the campaigns normally, so I picked Halo 3. Doing the campaigns legit, I’d say the order of the legendary campaigns (hardest at the top) looks something like this:
> >
> >
> >
> > - Halo: CE
> >
> >
> >
> > - Halo 2
> >
> >
> >
> > - Halo: Reach
> >
> >
> >
> > - Halo 3: ODST
> >
> >
> >
> > - Halo 4
> >
> >
> >
> > - Halo 3
>
>
> How is CE above 2?

I guess its because of The Library. I know how much people hate that level. Halo 2 Jackal snipers are worse though in my opinion. I find Two Betrayals to be harder than the library.

> 2533274874809745;13:
> > 2535441099340132;12:
> > > 2533274815147687;8:
> > > > 2533274794224435;6:
> > > > I thought about voting H2 just cause I know all the speedrun strats, but Those are hard as well
> > >
> > >
> > > Speedrun strats don’t count. For example, every level in Reach has a way to blaze through it in about 10 minutes or less with minimal enemy encounters, but we’re talking about going through the campaigns normally, so I picked Halo 3. Doing the campaigns legit, I’d say the order of the legendary campaigns (hardest at the top) looks something like this:
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > >
> > > - Halo: CE
> > >
> > >
> > > - Halo 2
> > >
> > >
> > > - Halo: Reach
> > >
> > >
> > > - Halo 3: ODST
> > >
> > >
> > > - Halo 4
> > >
> > >
> > > - Halo 3
> >
> >
> > How is CE above 2?
>
>
> I guess its because of The Library. I know how much people hate that level. Halo 2 Jackal snipers are worse though in my opinion. I find Two Betrayals to be harder than the library.

Swap halo ce and halo 2, even though i can still easily get past both not too much trouble. Still not eleasy persay. Id honestly say at SOME points, halo 2 legendary is harder than SOME spots in halo 4 laso!

> 2533274874809745;13:
> > 2535441099340132;12:
> > > 2533274815147687;8:
> > > > 2533274794224435;6:
> > > > I thought about voting H2 just cause I know all the speedrun strats, but Those are hard as well
> > >
> > >
> > > -snip-
> >
> >
> > How is CE above 2?
>
>
> I guess its because of The Library. I know how much people hate that level. Halo 2 Jackal snipers are worse though in my opinion. I find Two Betrayals to be harder than the library.

It isn’t because of The Library. That level isn’t even that hard the non-speedrun way. Two Betrayals is the most difficult level in CE by far IMO. But the hardest Halo campaign mission of all time is probably Gravemind. That level is such a pain…

I played some CE Legendary today, and I suppose, looking back, Halo 2 is more difficult in some ways. The enemy AI do a lot of damage in H2 and kill you very quickly, but the enemy AI isn’t very smart, whereas CE has much better enemy AI (especially for the time the game was released).

In CE, the Elites strafe all over the place, they move very fast and they constantly, abruptly change their direction, so it’s very tricky to land headshots on them with the pistol. They will also flank you when you’re not looking to catch you off-guard, which, correct me if I’m wrong, is something the AI barely (if ever) do in subsequent Halo titles. CE AI just seems much better at flanking than other Halo games’ AI.

Another thing to consider is H2’s n00b combo. With the exception of flood missions, all you really need to do is grab a plasma pistol and a headshot weapon and you’re pretty much set. You can also do this in CE (or any Halo, for that matter, which is what I always do when I play the campaigns) but it is most effective in H2 because of the strong, long tracking range of the plasma pistol and the ease of headshots in H2.

But really, I’ll have to play all the campaigns again to make a final decision on which campaigns I think the hardest or easiest, this list was just a rough estimate based on what I remember from when I went through the story several months ago when I got MCC in early December.

Also, I don’t have as much trouble with the snipers in H2 anymore. Once you know exactly where they spawn and how many there are, they’re really not that bad, you just gotta be really quick.

TL;DR: Man, I really know how to write walls of text.

Halo 3 by a large margin. Halo 2 was the hardest due to bullet sponge brutes and extremely nerfed/underpowered weapons of which you could carry hardly any ammunition.

Halo: Combat Evolved, of course!

Halo CE seems easiest while Halo 2 seems most difficult for me.

Wow, I was the only one that voted Halo 2. I found it to be the easiest out of the bunch, maybe because I learned all the speed run stuff for that game and not the others.

id say halo 4

Halo 3? ODST is like playing 2 on normal