Earning cR in Campaign (or lack thereof.)

Hullo, I noticed for a while that I earn next to no cR while completing Missions. 3hrs on Legendary (creeper style - not so good), loads of kills of all varieties; cR earned

Most cR come from commendations and game completion. Game completion is time spent in the game which can easily be manipulated in campaign. People would just sit around all day and accumulate cR. Commendations could easily be manipulated as well through means of checkpoint boosting.

So basically cheaters and boosters are the reasons we can’t have nice things.

Yea, credits in campaign got a big nerf awhile back due to boosters and such. Its better than playing it offline though. You only get 50 credits when you complete any mission. I still find playing the campaign fun without the incentive though. At first I was kind of disappointed with the campaign when I first played through it, but as I play it more, it starts to grow on me.

It kinda stinks, but I love the campaign too much to let fewer credits get in the way of enjoying it. =)

All I did was help people beat campaign when game came out with our skulls on.

Got nothing for credits thus I’m behind in the game

Custom campaign cR was nerfed when co-op campaign playlist was released.

> Custom campaign cR was nerfed when co-op campaign playlist was released.

How could they have nerfed it even more? I barley make 60 Credits as it is. =(

Turn on individual scoring or team scoring on and you will get a little more.

> Most cR come from commendations and game completion. Game completion is time spent in the game which can easily be manipulated in campaign. People would just sit around all day and accumulate cR. Commendations could easily be manipulated as well through means of checkpoint boosting.
>
> So basically cheaters and boosters are the reasons we can’t have nice things.

No excuse.

People idle in public, matchmade firefight and get full reward for it and no consequences.

The system is just deeply flawed on its basic design principles.

> Turn on individual scoring or team scoring on and you will get a little more.

No, you won’t. You’ll just see the commendation cR as they pop up.

And no, they didn’t nerf cR earn when the co-op matchmaking playlist came out, it was ALWAYS pitiful. People just started running out of commendation cR around that time.

> > Custom campaign cR was nerfed when co-op campaign playlist was released.
>
> How could they have nerfed it even more? I barley make 60 Credits as it is. =(

No, you originally received full credits for campaign missions. Upwards of thousands if you were spending hours doing mission on legendary. Then they added the playlist, and the campaign menu is now counted as a custom game.

> > Most cR come from commendations and game completion. Game completion is time spent in the game which can easily be manipulated in campaign. People would just sit around all day and accumulate cR. Commendations could easily be manipulated as well through means of checkpoint boosting.
> >
> > So basically cheaters and boosters are the reasons we can’t have nice things.
>
> No excuse.
>
> People idle in public, matchmade firefight and get full reward for it and no consequences.
>
> The system is just deeply flawed on its basic design principles.

Idlers are banned immediately following their AFK streak. They don’t get to ruin any more games after the first couple.

It does stink, but I can understand the reasoning behind it.

> > > Custom campaign cR was nerfed when co-op campaign playlist was released.
> >
> > How could they have nerfed it even more? I barley make 60 Credits as it is. =(
>
> No, you originally received full credits for campaign missions. Upwards of thousands if you were spending hours doing mission on legendary. Then they added the playlist, and the campaign menu is now counted as a custom game.

X(
That stinks. I bought the game for the campaign. Ah well.

> > > > Custom campaign cR was nerfed when co-op campaign playlist was released.
> > >
> > > How could they have nerfed it even more? I barley make 60 Credits as it is. =(
> >
> > No, you originally received full credits for campaign missions. Upwards of thousands if you were spending hours doing mission on legendary. Then they added the playlist, and the campaign menu is now counted as a custom game.
>
> X(
> That stinks. I bought the game for the campaign. Ah well.

I did my solo-legendary run right after release, so I got credit for it :slight_smile:

I think the solution at this point is to just get a full party (4) and do the co-op campaign MMing. You’ll get about the same as any firefight or lower cR achieveing MMing sessions.

the only time you can get good cR is in online matchmaking which stinks. anything offline is 50cR or less

I wasn’t aware of any Campaign cR nerfing when the Co-op Campaign was released. In fact, it hasn’t changed at all.

From the very beginning, the cR you get from individual actions is based upon your Commendation completion. For example, if you’ve got nothing or Iron in say, Assists, you’ll get around 5 to 7 cR per Assist. Once you get to Bronze, you’ll only get 2 cR per assist.

Once you get to Silver, you won’t get any cR per Assist until Commendation promotions, which are only about 2000 cR or so each. This is the same for just about everything, whether it’s automatic weapons, small arms, heavy weapons, etc.

The only thing that never changes is your Game Completion cR, which is based upon your rank. Custom will get your usual custom game limit, while the Matchmaking Game Completion will be based upon how long the game was. You’ll also get a Jackpot for the game.

> I wasn’t aware of any Campaign cR nerfing when the Co-op Campaign was released. In fact, it hasn’t changed at all.
>
> From the very beginning, the cR you get from individual actions is based upon your Commendation completion. For example, if you’ve got nothing or Iron in say, Assists, you’ll get around 5 to 7 cR per Assist. Once you get to Bronze, you’ll only get 2 cR per assist.
>
> Once you get to Silver, you won’t get any cR per Assist until Commendation promotions, which are only about 2000 cR or so each. This is the same for just about everything, whether it’s automatic weapons, small arms, heavy weapons, etc.
>
> The only thing that never changes is your Game Completion cR, which is based upon your rank. Custom will get your usual custom game limit, while the Matchmaking Game Completion will be based upon how long the game was. You’ll also get a Jackpot for the game.

No, originally, you received cR for all levels of cmmondations, and you received cR for playing campaign a decent amount/getting score. With ONI sword base and campaign matchmaking, they changed it.

Huh, really? I remember exploiting the hell out of ONI: Sword Base as soon as I heard of it, along with the rest of the Commendation Boosting, and the cR decay that eventually came with it made me sad. It was pretty early into Reach’s release, too. Not even a month or so.

I was getting thousands of credits each level my first few runs through the campaign, but get hardly anything now. although I played coop campaign today and got a heap of credits for it.