Earning ArMor

Who else would like to see you earn armor through achievements again?
I don’t like the credit system at all, I liked working for achievements and getting a nice reward after in Halo 3 :slight_smile:
Skulls need to be hidden also, not pre set in the game like Reach.
Thoughts?

Im neutral about how i get armor, as long as its challenging and cool looking.

Also cosmetic only.

Agreed. :slight_smile:

Earning achievements takes skill.

I think unlocking armor should take skill as well, not playtime.

> Agreed. :slight_smile:
>
> Earning achievements takes skill.
>
> I think unlocking armor should take skill as well, not playtime.

We’re still talking about Halo 3, right? Its achievements for unlocking armor were either easy as hell or entirely luck based.

I think we should unlock it like halo 3. But also preview it all so we only have to get certain achievements, and get only the armor we want in any order we like.

> > Agreed. :slight_smile:
> >
> > Earning achievements takes skill.
> >
> > I think unlocking armor should take skill as well, not playtime.
>
> We’re still talking about Halo 3, right? Its achievements for unlocking armor were either easy as hell or entirely luck based.

Luck? Or motivation?

Some of them were easy yes, but notice the easy armor is what all the noods wear?

I think of it as a way to separate the noobs from the better players. >:)

> > > Agreed. :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > Earning achievements takes skill.
> > >
> > > I think unlocking armor should take skill as well, not playtime.
> >
> > We’re still talking about Halo 3, right? Its achievements for unlocking armor were either easy as hell or entirely luck based.
>
> Luck? Or motivation?
>
> Some of them were easy yes, but notice the easy armor is what all the <mark>noods</mark> wear?
>
> I think of it as a way to separate the noobs from the better players. >:)

-Yoink!-? So they’re killing people naked!

> > > > Agreed. :slight_smile:
> > > >
> > > > Earning achievements takes skill.
> > > >
> > > > I think unlocking armor should take skill as well, not playtime.
> > >
> > > We’re still talking about Halo 3, right? Its achievements for unlocking armor were either easy as hell or entirely luck based.
> >
> > Luck? Or motivation?
> >
> > Some of them were easy yes, but notice the easy armor is what all the <mark>noods</mark> wear?
> >
> > I think of it as a way to separate the noobs from the better players. >:)
>
> -Yoink!-? So they’re killing people naked!

>.>

<.<

NOOBs, sorry… typo.

Some armor could be unlocked through achievements because I do think the concept of that is pretty cool, however I also believe that armor earned by credits is good too. Skulls should be found, but the reason they weren’t in reach is because bungie stated that they wanted everyone to really enjoy the skull because some players couldn’t find them all.

> > > Agreed. :slight_smile:
> > >
> > > Earning achievements takes skill.
> > >
> > > I think unlocking armor should take skill as well, not playtime.
> >
> > We’re still talking about Halo 3, right? Its achievements for unlocking armor were either easy as hell or entirely luck based.
>
> Luck? Or motivation?

Luck. Being heavily dependent on factors out of your control constitutes luck.

> > > > Agreed. :slight_smile:
> > > >
> > > > Earning achievements takes skill.
> > > >
> > > > I think unlocking armor should take skill as well, not playtime.
> > >
> > > We’re still talking about Halo 3, right? Its achievements for unlocking armor were either easy as hell or entirely luck based.
> >
> > Luck? Or motivation?
>
> Luck. Being heavily dependent on <mark>factors out of your control</mark> constitutes luck.

Such as…?

> Some armor could be unlocked through achievements because I do think the concept of that is pretty cool, however I also believe that armor earned by credits is good too. Skulls should be found, but the reason they weren’t in reach is because bungie stated that they wanted everyone to really enjoy the skull because <mark>some players couldn’t find them all</mark>.

Just like some players can’t find the trigger.

>_<

> > > > > Agreed. :slight_smile:
> > > > >
> > > > > Earning achievements takes skill.
> > > > >
> > > > > I think unlocking armor should take skill as well, not playtime.
> > > >
> > > > We’re still talking about Halo 3, right? Its achievements for unlocking armor were either easy as hell or entirely luck based.
> > >
> > > Luck? Or motivation?
> >
> > Luck. Being heavily dependent on <mark>factors out of your control</mark> constitutes luck.
>
> Such as…?

Steppin’ Razor - So, you got a game on one of the few maps with a sword, that weapon that everyone else was going for? Great! You’ve got ten swings (or less if you took it off someone else or used it beforehand) to kill half the people in the game (again, or less if somebody’s quit) in eight seconds

Mongoose Mowdown - So, you’ve decided to drive around a map on a weaponless deathtrap trying to kill someone? Alright, suit yourself. Have fun getting up to speed and finding someone unsuspecting enough to run over while everyone else is trying to gun down the idiot in the ATV.

Two for One - So, you found the spartan laser? Good luck finding two people standing in a straight line. Hope you’re already in the middle of charging it, because one of them is probably gonna die by the time it’s fully charged.

Overkill - You’ve got twelve seconds to kill nearly everyone else in the game. GO!

before i had Xbox LIVE i hated how i couldn’t have certain armors in Halo 3 so i would rather the credit system could be used, but just for armors, not for ranking

Unlock Armor with Cheevos

Buy Armor (after unlocking) with cR

Purely cosmetic.

> Who else would like to see you earn armor through achievements again?
> I don’t like the credit system at all, I liked working for achievements and getting a nice reward after in Halo 3 :slight_smile:
> Skulls need to be hidden also, not pre set in the game like Reach.
> Thoughts?

I honestly think standard armour should be unlocked by credits but special armour should be unlocked via achievements.

Achievement based armor unlocks would hardly take any skill if someone has enough friends. All boosting for all the armor, but then again there’s no skill in cR based armor unlocks either. Might as well keep it cR based unlocks to keep boosting at a minimum even though it’s inevitable anyways.

I would like to see a harmony between them. Most of the armour is unlocked through a credit system, but there are also some for achievements, the reason as to why the credit system would have more armour is simply because it can harbour more armour than achievements can.

Well the multiplayer achievments that were usually used to unlock armor are either super easy or really lucked based

Well if it goes the same way it does in Reach then you would need a crap load of Achievements. In total they’re 91 different objects in the armory, from your obvious armor attachments to firefight voices. I’m gonna guess that might expand in Halo 4…so I think the best way to go is to combine the two systems.