Early UI development better than final UI?

kudos to youtuber, Grunty43

Lazy link

I mean it looks better, but it more or less provides the same information or even less in some cases.

  • Early Development Lobby doesn’t let you access the friends list. Current one does. - Lobby doesn’t let you see what boost you just used. Only that you have X number of boosts you can use. - Still only shows you the Emblems of other players, which people still complain about for some reason. This time you can’t even see your own level. - “Spartan Quarters” looks like your Friends List or something, which doesn’t warrant a spot on the main menu. Should be tied to a button like it is right now. - Honestly the current main menu is miles better in terms of functionality. - The only difference between the Campaign Pause menu is the color and the fact that it seems to have Campaign Scoring already. - He’s comparing the Campaign service record to the mission select menu… - The early development REQ Store looks like it had a different REQ system altogether. - Launch Carnage Report sucks, Early Development UI gives roughly the same info right now. The biggest news is that it looks like it allowed people to stay in lobbies through games.

i still think that the UI of Halo Reach is the best of all halo’s game. (i know that this isn’t a constructive post, but i have to said.)

> 2533274885302961;4:
> i still think that the UI of Halo Reach is the best of all halo’s game. (i know that this isn’t a constructive post, but i have to said.)

man57er19, yeah Reach has the best UI system in the Halo franchise

> 2533274833081329;3:
> I mean it looks better, but it more or less provides the same information or even less in some cases.
>
>
> - Early Development Lobby doesn’t let you access the friends list. Current one does. - Lobby doesn’t let you see what boost you just used. Only that you have X number of boosts you can use. - Still only shows you the Emblems of other players, which people still complain about for some reason. This time you can’t even see your own level. - “Spartan Quarters” looks like your Friends List or something, which doesn’t warrant a spot on the main menu. Should be tied to a button like it is right now. - Honestly the current main menu is miles better in terms of functionality. - The only difference between the Campaign Pause menu is the color and the fact that it seems to have Campaign Scoring already. - He’s comparing the Campaign service record to the mission select menu… - The early development REQ Store looks like it had a different REQ system altogether. - Launch Carnage Report sucks, Early Development UI gives roughly the same info right now. The biggest news is that it looks like it allowed people to stay in lobbies through games.

Vegeto30294, I see

> 2533275008181400;2:
> Lazy link

BlueChief117, how did you do that? and I’m sorry that I’m slow

It definitely looked more appealing, I liked it.

However, I’ve come to not like concept arts in early development stages, and even early concepts as they always look much more ambitious then the final product.

> 2533274833081329;3:
> I mean it looks better, but it more or less provides the same information or even less in some cases.
>
>
> - Early Development Lobby doesn’t let you access the friends list. Current one does. - Lobby doesn’t let you see what boost you just used. Only that you have X number of boosts you can use. - Still only shows you the Emblems of other players, which people still complain about for some reason. This time you can’t even see your own level. - “Spartan Quarters” looks like your Friends List or something, which doesn’t warrant a spot on the main menu. Should be tied to a button like it is right now. - Honestly the current main menu is miles better in terms of functionality. - The only difference between the Campaign Pause menu is the color and the fact that it seems to have Campaign Scoring already. - He’s comparing the Campaign service record to the mission select menu… - The early development REQ Store looks like it had a different REQ system altogether. - Launch Carnage Report sucks, Early Development UI gives roughly the same info right now. The biggest news is that it looks like it allowed people to stay in lobbies through games.

To be fair, this was before the game was ready. And frankly halo 5 was missing a bunch of those things at launch as well.

Honestly, the UI looks a lot better, but the way it is now is fine… You can find everything pretty easily, and it’s really organised, so I’m not complaining. I would like to see something along those lines in Halo 6 though.

> 2533274847563380;9:
> Didn’t catch any
>
>
> > 2533274833081329;3:
> > I mean it looks better, but it more or less provides the same information or even less in some cases.
> >
> >
> > - Early Development Lobby doesn’t let you access the friends list. Current one does. - Lobby doesn’t let you see what boost you just used. Only that you have X number of boosts you can use. - Still only shows you the Emblems of other players, which people still complain about for some reason. This time you can’t even see your own level. - “Spartan Quarters” looks like your Friends List or something, which doesn’t warrant a spot on the main menu. Should be tied to a button like it is right now. - Honestly the current main menu is miles better in terms of functionality. - The only difference between the Campaign Pause menu is the color and the fact that it seems to have Campaign Scoring already. - He’s comparing the Campaign service record to the mission select menu… - The early development REQ Store looks like it had a different REQ system altogether. - Launch Carnage Report sucks, Early Development UI gives roughly the same info right now. The biggest news is that it looks like it allowed people to stay in lobbies through games.
>
> To be fair, this was before the game was ready. And frankly halo 5 was missing a bunch of those things at launch as well.

We still would have had roughly the same amount of complaints that you can’t find much of anything, especially considering the entire REQ store would have to be redone from the ground up and the functionality for half the stuff isn’t even there.

The biggest problems with the current UI are still there in this shown UI. But hey, at least it looks better.

> 2535452753042035;7:
> > 2533275008181400;2:
> > Lazy link
>
> BlueChief117, how did you do that? and I’m sorry that I’m slow

You can’t put in links until you are a recruit - silver. They’ll show up at as a little chain at the top of the text box.

> 2533274973681092;12:
> > 2535452753042035;7:
> > > 2533275008181400;2:
> > > Lazy link
> >
> > BlueChief117, how did you do that? and I’m sorry that I’m slow
>
> You can’t put in links until you are a recruit - silver. They’ll show up at as a little chain at the top of the text box.

MegaNerf5000, oh ok

There was too much stuff on the screen. Sure it looked cool, but when it comes to menus, simplicity is always the best option. The way it is now works just fine. The beta UI looked like it was going to be a drag to scroll through.

> 2533274884345407;14:
> There was too much stuff on the screen. Sure it looked cool, but when it comes to menus, simplicity is always the best option. The way it is now works just fine. The beta UI looked like it was going to be a drag to scroll through.

Casper Fallout3, ok

I’d agree in saying it looks better. Can’t tell if it really handles better though.

Reach UI still > all

The early dev battle rifle sight was better.

We all just going to ignore the fact the orginal UI had a medal breakdown and H5 didn’t have one officially until like 4 months later?

Ahh okay then.

> 2535462333594080;18:
> We all just going to ignore the fact the orginal UI had a medal breakdown and H5 didn’t have one officially until like 4 months later?
>
> Ahh okay then.

Should give you an idea of how rough Halo 5’s development was. It looks like they completely scrapped their entire user interface that was seen in the beta and decided to cook up what we had at launch. It looked ugly, felt clunky and runs terribly.

> 2533274813061580;19:
> > 2535462333594080;18:
> > We all just going to ignore the fact the orginal UI had a medal breakdown and H5 didn’t have one officially until like 4 months later?
> >
> > Ahh okay then.
>
> Should give you an idea of how rough Halo 5’s development was. It looks like they completely scrapped their entire user interface that was seen in the beta and decided to cook up what we had at launch. It looked ugly, felt clunky and runs terribly.

I unfortunately have to agree with you pal, to me it still looks pretty ugly. Atleast it’s more functional now.

I’ve heard people say they didn’t like the MCC UI but to me that is years ahead of the H5 UI. To me it looks beautiful.

To be honest you could probably say anything from 3 onwards right until H5 was better than whay we got now.

Just my opinion though