Early Quitters

You know what really grinds my gears? When less than two minutes into a match about 2 or 3 people just quit. It annoys me that there isn’t a rule that prohibits you from leaving the first few minutes of a game. This would disable JIP for the most part, but everyone’s complained about it so it would probably be a good thing.

> You know what really grinds my gears? When less than two minutes into a match about 2 or 3 people just quit. It annoys me that there isn’t a rule that prohibits you from leaving the first few minutes of a game. This would disable JIP for the most part, but everyone’s complained about it so it would probably be a good thing.

IKR?

Better than getting hung up with an AFK though. I hear that happens in LoL- you can’t quit, so people just stop playing for the game.

> You know what really grinds my gears? When less than two minutes into a match about 2 or 3 people just quit. It annoys me that there isn’t a rule that prohibits you from leaving the first few minutes of a game. This would disable JIP for the most part, but everyone’s complained about it so it would probably be a good thing.

You know what grinds my gears? Not having JIP and your team and/or you is -Yoinked!-.

looks over at H3 case

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.

Welcome to Join in Progress, where 343i don’t care to fix the issues or remove the option to take part in it and everybody quits willy-nilly because they don’t get the map they want.

I know for a fact I won’t vote until I see the end result. If it’s a terrible map with horrible screen lag, like Shatter, for instance, then I’m backing out. It’s that simple. In Halo 3/Reach, I never had any issues with playing poor maps because I knew quitting would punish me. Now? My conscience doesn’t care because I know, in theory (though rarely does it work) someone will take my spot.

343i actually succeeded in adding more quitting to the game HAHAHA

>

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

Lol and they did this in multiple ways -_-

The smart quiters just dashboard it.

> > <mark>343i actually succeeded in adding more quitting to the game HAHAHA</mark>
>
> Lol and they did this in multiple ways -_-

Yep, and not just quitters in the game itself. People actually quit Halo as a whole because they failed to listen and fix things.

> The smart quiters just dashboard it.

…and put in a new game. Trolololol

> > You know what really grinds my gears? When less than two minutes into a match about 2 or 3 people just quit. It annoys me that there isn’t a rule that prohibits you from leaving the first few minutes of a game. This would disable JIP for the most part, but everyone’s complained about it so it would probably be a good thing.
>
> You know what grinds my gears? Not having JIP and your team and/or you is -Yoinked!-.
>
> looks over at H3 case

Funny part is that I have been playing a bunch of Halo 3 lately and there seems to be a lot less quitters. Strange.

There is no solution to the quitting problem except for playing with a party. Every “solution” just creates another problem.

> > You know what grinds my gears? Not having JIP and your team and/or you is -Yoinked!-.
> >
> > looks over at H3 case
>
> Funny part is that I have been playing a bunch of Halo 3 lately and there seems to be a lot less quitters. Strange.

Likewise. In my experience, quitting was a problem in Halo 3, but not nearly as much as in other titles. I know the argument is that we need JiP lower the impacts of quitters, but I think that JiP and the lack of quit penalties causes a higher number of quitters.

> Likewise. In my experience, quitting was a problem in Halo 3, but not nearly as much as in other titles. I know the argument is that we need JiP lower the impacts of quitters, but I think that JiP and the lack of quit penalties causes a higher number of quitters.

So let’s get some penalties.

If your lagging, shots not registering, black screen x times, or up against CSR 50’s and your getting your -Yoink- kicked, or b/c the system is broken or not enough players, people including myself will quit.

If there is a penalty, people will quit playing all together. Then where will Halo be??? They will go to COD, Battlefield, etc…

Penalizing players for quitting won’t change a thing either. Make the game fun and give people a reason to stay in the game. You literally have nothing to lose in Halo 4. Nothing at all. No skill to go down. No bonus of any kind for finishing. Absolutely nothing, especially if you’re at SR130 like most players are.

> Penalizing players for quitting won’t change a thing either. Make the game fun and give people a reason to stay in the game. You literally have nothing to lose in Halo 4. Nothing at all. No skill to go down. No bonus of any kind for finishing. Absolutely nothing, especially if you’re at SR130 like most players are.

Agreed. I rarely look at the CSR. However, if people quit over and over obviously, punish a lil bit.

Just give everyone 5 quits a day. After that a 6 hour ban. Or put a few quitters on the same team and have the matchmaking system make them play lopsided matches, like 3v5 or something. They have to complete five games before they are given full teams again.

^
Lol something like that could work.

The only time quitters bother me is if they have host. Other than that, I really don’t care if someone quits or not. I’d like to see it where it asks whoever has host if they want host or not before the game starts. If they say yes, they’re locked into the game for the duration and won’t be able to quit.

Personally, I think there are viable reasons to quit games. Maps, lopsided JiP’s, unbalanced teams just to name a few. If I’m on a team that has a combined k/d of -1500 (counting my +6000) and the other team is a combined +15000, why should I stay when I know we’re going to get pasted? Why should I stay in a game to play a map/gametype I didn’t vote for? Why should I stay in a game that I’m forced to join when my “team” is getting beat 14-2? Why should I be punished for not wanting to play my 6th game of Adrift in a row?

I play SWAT about 95% of my games. If you vote for Complex or Forerunner SWAT I’m going to quit and I’m not going to feel bad about it.

> I play SWAT about 95% of my games. If you vote for Complex or Forerunner SWAT I’m going to quit and I’m not going to feel bad about it.

Why those two?

> > I play SWAT about 95% of my games. If you vote for Complex or Forerunner SWAT I’m going to quit and I’m not going to feel bad about it.
>
> Why those two?

Complex SWAT is completely ruined by the DMR range. Making it a spawn lottery from beginning to end. If you kill the enemy team they will randomly spawn in 5 locations all of them somehow behind you. If they got rid of the DMR in SWAT and made it just like good old H2/H3 again I would be happy because you can kill at range with the BR but you actually have to aim very well to do it instead of the DMR which just hands you headshots at 1000 meters if you aim anywhere above the waist.

Forerunner SWAT is terrible because the LR is incredibly bad at hit registration and I’m never going to max my pulse grenades anyways whether I wanted to or not so I don’t care about the commendations.

> > > I play SWAT about 95% of my games. If you vote for Complex or Forerunner SWAT I’m going to quit and I’m not going to feel bad about it.
> >
> > Why those two?
>
> Complex SWAT is completely ruined by the DMR range. Making it a spawn lottery from beginning to end. If you kill the enemy team they will randomly spawn in 5 locations all of them somehow behind you. If they got rid of the DMR in SWAT and made it just like good old H2/H3 again I would be happy because you can kill at range with the BR but you actually have to aim very well to do it instead of the DMR which just hands you headshots at 1000 meters if you aim anywhere above the waist.
>
> <mark>Forerunner SWAT is terrible because the LR is incredibly bad at hit registration and I’m never going to max my pulse grenades anyways whether I wanted to or not so I don’t care about the commendations</mark>.

Agreed on this. Fair enough.