Each helmet should have a different HUD.

Halo Legends The Package shows good examples as to what I’m talking about.

Fred
His Visor

John
His Visor

Kelly
Her Visor

Also as seen in Halo 3 ODST
ODST Visor

Do you think it would be cool to get different style visors for the helmets? Maybe even different colors (as seen in the ODST visor)? To me it would add more value to each helmet. It would make you feel more like you were assuming the role of the certain type of character. When I use EVA and it’s the same visor I’m like this. -_-

What do you all think? Should we be able to had have a different HUD for each helmet?

I’m getting mixed reactions on how much time and space it would take for some simple visor lines… Can anyone come in here with any actual video game programming experience and explain. I’m not talking the whole HUD. The things that make the HUD run would stay the same in the exact same spots. Nades, Radar, Weapons, Health, Shields, all the other indicators would remain their for every HUD so they wouldn’t need duplicated. The other visors are more of a layer mask under the main HUD elements and in front of the actual video game imaging. I’d like to think of it as something as simple to implement as FX filters if not a billion times easier.

To make the above clear in picture form for those just not getting it… THIS would stay the same THIS would be the only thing that changes.

Cough Cough Artistic License cough cough

Halo is known for giving everyone an equal footing when they start. It isnt like other games where you can change your settings to alter your advantages and disadvantages. I prefer this system, where its all aesthetic.

I think that it would be pretty cool seeing how it would just be another aspect of customization and it wouldn’t give you any advantages or anything.

> Cough Cough Artistic License cough cough
>
> Halo is known for giving everyone an equal footing when they start. It isnt like other games where you can change your settings to alter your advantages and disadvantages. I prefer this system, where its all aesthetic.

How will this give anyone an unfair advantage?

> > Cough Cough Artistic License cough cough
> >
> > Halo is known for giving everyone an equal footing when they start. It isnt like other games where you can change your settings to alter your advantages and disadvantages. <mark>I prefer this system, where its all aesthetic.</mark>
>
> How will this give anyone an unfair advantage?

> >
> > Halo is known for giving everyone an equal footing when they start. It isnt like other games where you can change your settings to alter your advantages and disadvantages. I prefer this system, where its all aesthetic.
>
> How will this give anyone an unfair advantage?

Depending on the layer of depth. If he wants minor differences like the outline of the visor, it seems a bit pointless, since I didnt realize this until now, and its barely noticable.

If he wants each to be have different visual -Yoink!-, based on their abilities, refer to my earlier post.

> Cough Cough Artistic License cough cough

I’m not saying that they should use these exact HUDs…

> Halo is known for giving everyone an equal footing when they start. It isnt like other games where you can change your settings to alter your advantages and disadvantages. I prefer this system, where its all aesthetic.

I’m not sure whether you agree or disagree.

>
> I’m not saying that they should use these exact HUDs…
>
>
>
> > Halo is known for giving everyone an equal footing when they start. It isnt like other games where you can change your settings to alter your advantages and disadvantages. I prefer this system, where its all aesthetic.
>
> I’m not sure whether you agree or disagree.

I disagree, in either that it will waste time (barely change) or take away Halo’s famed balance (alter visual -Yoink!- or effects).

Idk if they would have eztra time to kind of make different HUD displays but its not needed. And to earlier posts i dont think different outlines are going to give better advantages.

> > > Cough Cough Artistic License cough cough
> > >
> > > Halo is known for giving everyone an equal footing when they start. It isnt like other games where you can change your settings to alter your advantages and disadvantages. <mark>I prefer this system, where its all aesthetic.</mark>
> >
> > How will this give anyone an unfair advantage?

I think you missed something. He prefers the system he is talking about, which is everyone has the same everything.

Hate to be the one with the GUNGNIR visor.

> Hate to be the one with the GUNGNIR visor.

Trololol

> > > Cough Cough Artistic License cough cough
> >
> > I’m not saying that they should use these exact HUDs…
> >
> >
> >
> > > Halo is known for giving everyone an equal footing when they start. It isnt like other games where you can change your settings to alter your advantages and disadvantages. I prefer this system, where its all aesthetic.
> >
> > I’m not sure whether you agree or disagree.
>
> I disagree, in either that it will waste time (barely change) or take away Halo’s famed balance (alter visual -Yoink!- or effects).

It is all aesthetic… I said HUD “Heads Up Display”. The thing that displays your ammo/gun/health/nades/visor outline. It would give you no tactical advantage what so ever. It’s all visuals that as you said you can barely notice anyway. I just think that it would add more to the feel of your customized player. To me it’s less of a waste of time than creating more helmets. It doesn’t even take that much time to create a visor outline. I can whip you up 5 decent ones within the hour and I’m an amateur photoshop user. It would be better for the player as you can’t really see any of your armor while playing. If I feel like it I might whip up a few just for giggles. The only thing that may take some time is actually implementing it into the game properly.

> Hate to be the one with the GUNGNIR visor.

The forge visor comes to mind. :wink:

I would love for each helmet to have different HUDs.

I think iz useless, it’ll waste disk space…

OP is making a good point. The HUD he used are a bit too drastic since they were taken from Evolutions. I like the idea and it would not affect gameplay or give an advantage if they were all different but a little more like this:

edit:link not working…

http://www.google.ca/imgres?q=halo+3+hud&hl=en&sa=X&rlz=1C1_____en-GBCA445CA445&biw=1440&bih=775&tbm=isch&prmd=imvns&tbnid=hKjARHSTtZKE7M:&imgrefurl=http://gouranga1.deviantart.com/art/Halo-3-HUD-Image-63824832&docid=InvOTIB0vdfQlM&imgurl=http://th09.deviantart.net/fs19/PRE/f/2007/244/a/3/Halo_3_HUD_Image_by_gouranga1.png&w=1191&h=670&ei=fs4xT9TOE6X20gGd3YzyBw&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=165&vpy=461&dur=430&hovh=167&hovw=296&tx=170&ty=94&sig=108660617190340998369&page=1&tbnh=97&tbnw=172&start=0&ndsp=25&ved=1t:429,r:12,s:0

link working now.

This one is just a concept but I think could be step in the right direction.

It’s a great Idea, but I think disk space Is an issue like another poster pointed out.

I’d love too be able to customize the color the hud too

This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.

>

If you don’t like the idea that’s one thing. If you’re coming in here just to be an idiot then just no. BAD!

@ Didact Legen777

See as I said earlier… These aren’t going to be professional quality but here I already made 2 in barely any time at all and I’m not that good at this kinda stuff.

Recon
CQB
(I know that they are crappy they are just examples)

The only thing is… I would need someone in here with video game programming knowledge. How hard would it be to actually implement 10+ HUDs in a game and how much space would it really take?