Each faction need's a weapon counterpart

The way the Halo sandbox has almost always worked is that the UNSC and Covenant have always had a counterpart of eachother’s weapons. Now the weapon sandbox has been mixed up a bit. Since the game is more focused on a selection of your own weapon, it’d only make sense for the game to have more variety anyway.

UNSC - Covenant

BR - Carbine

DMR - ((Possibly Needle Rifle?))

AR - Storm Rifle

Sticky Detonator - ((Possibly altered plasma launcher type weapon?))

SAW - ((Concussion Rifle? Could it in fact be the Needler?))

Snipe - Beam Rifle

Rocket Launcher - Fuel Rod Cannon

Magnum - Plasma Pistol

Spartan Laser - ((Plasma Launcher?))

Rail Gun - ((???))

Shotgun - Sword

That’s 5 weapons the UNSC has that the Covenant doesn’t!

Although that’s not even factoring in the Promethean weapons.

From what we know the Prometheans have a boltshot which the pistol counterpart, the light rifle which could be the DMR/BR/Carbine counterpart, the surpressor which could easily be the AR/SR counterpart, the promethan sniper which is obvious, the scattershot which the shotgun/sword counterpart, and another unknown weapon we have yet to see confirmed what it can do, if we factor those in…

UNSC - Covenant - Prometheans

BR - Carbine - Light Rifle

DMR

AR - Storm Rifle - Surpressor

Sticky Detonator

SAW

Snipe - Beam Rifle - Promethean Sniper

Rocket Launcher - Fuel Rod Cannon

Magnum - Plasma Pistol - Boltshot

Spartan Laser

Rail Gun

Shotgun - Sword - Scattershot

Do you see the gaps here!? The UNSC seems to be having all the weapons but their faction counterparts don’t seem to have any. I sure hope there are plenty of weapons we have yet to see.

No thanks. Giving “everything a counterpart” is part of what made the Halo 3 sandbox crap, with so many automatic weapons that did just about the exact same thing.

> No thanks. Giving “everything a counterpart” is part of what made the Halo 3 sandbox crap, with so many automatic weapons that did just about the exact same thing.

The thing is, in Halo 4, you can choose which you like in a class, not have to pick them up or anything. It’s a different game changer here now.

No that isn’t really neccessary to fill up the sandbox with weapons that function exactly the same as another weapon but aesthetically different.

They don’t. It is just fine at the moment. The Covenant are not the main bad guys and they have a plenty large sandbox already. The Prometheans seem to be well stocked as well.

The UNSC is the player faction so it is unsurprising they would have a couple more weapons. The only other weapon from the Covy side I would want to see is the Concussion rifle return to fill that mid tier vehicle defense/AOE that the Railgun/Sticky detonator fill.

> > No thanks. Giving “everything a counterpart” is part of what made the Halo 3 sandbox crap, with so many automatic weapons that did just about the exact same thing.
>
> The thing is, in Halo 4, you can choose which you like in a class, not have to pick them up or anything. It’s a different game changer here now.

Not at all. Having 5 weapons that act exactly the same, regardless of if you spawn with it or not, is still having 5 weapons that act exactly the same.

Every weapon doesn’t NEED a counterpart. That will only flood the sandbox with too much redundancy and not enough uniqueness.

Wheres the fun in having weapons that do the same thing but look different?

They havent revealed all the covy/pro weapons yet so they could have counterparts. As for counterparts sometimes you dont want mutiple weapons to fill the same role, and if they do they should function differently

I actually think the Promethean sniper is just the light Rifle.
also, You don’t need counterparts to everything.
we sure as HELL don’t need any more precision weapons diluting the sandbox. (that’s all anyone will ever use anyway.)

> > > No thanks. Giving “everything a counterpart” is part of what made the Halo 3 sandbox crap, with so many automatic weapons that did just about the exact same thing.
> >
> > The thing is, in Halo 4, you can choose which you like in a class, not have to pick them up or anything. It’s a different game changer here now.
>
> Not at all. Having 5 weapons that act exactly the same, regardless of if you spawn with it or not, is still having 5 weapons that act exactly the same.

Uh oh, scary options, run away! D:

The great thing about having “5 weapons that act exactly the same” (they actually don’t) is that you have the choice of which one to use.

Not necessarily, if there is no counterpart, it makes it special to me.

> > > > No thanks. Giving “everything a counterpart” is part of what made the Halo 3 sandbox crap, with so many automatic weapons that did just about the exact same thing.
> > >
> > > The thing is, in Halo 4, you can choose which you like in a class, not have to pick them up or anything. It’s a different game changer here now.
> >
> > Not at all. Having 5 weapons that act exactly the same, regardless of if you spawn with it or not, is still having 5 weapons that act exactly the same.
>
> Uh oh, scary options, run away! D:
>
> The great thing about having “5 weapons that act exactly the same” (they actually don’t) is that you have the choice of which one to use.

If you have 5 weapons that do the same thing. Then it isn’t a choice.

H4 weapons are already confined to a role. Why do they need to become redundant as well?

> > > > No thanks. Giving “everything a counterpart” is part of what made the Halo 3 sandbox crap, with so many automatic weapons that did just about the exact same thing.
> > >
> > > The thing is, in Halo 4, you can choose which you like in a class, not have to pick them up or anything. It’s a different game changer here now.
> >
> > Not at all. Having 5 weapons that act exactly the same, regardless of if you spawn with it or not, is still having 5 weapons that act exactly the same.
>
> Uh oh, scary options, run away! D:
>
> The great thing about having “5 weapons that act exactly the same” (they actually don’t) is that you have the choice of which one to use.

What choice is it when they are all the same?

The automatic weapons in Halo 3 all functioned almost exactly the same. They filled the same role, had similar killtimes, etc.

Uh what

All I really want to see are the focus rifle and the needle rifle. I wouldn’t doubt that the concussion rifle is Coming back.

I know many of you will argue that certain weapons should be in other spots (or wont be in Halo 4) or that the brutes are part of the covenant. I wont argue you on those points as its all a matter of perception - this is just the way I see it.

This post will hopefully serve to clarifiy the basic sandbox system. Each weapon in a standard class should have variations that give it a unique feel ( IE , the Mauler as a pistol should have a 3 or 4 shot kill at relatively close range but be useless beyond a certain range. In addition the shot should force the person back (like the concussion rifle) , making the weapon great for closed spaces but almost useless in open areas unless the person is skilled) I really would love a greatly expanded sandbox of weapons but each should require a unique skillset to use optimally.

Weapon Type / USNC / Covenant / Brute / Promethean

• Pistol type- /Magnum / Plamsa Pistol / Mauler / Boltshot

Close range- /Shotgun / Plasma Sword / Gravity Hammer/ Scattershot

• L.Machine Gun- /AR / Storm Rifle / Spiker / Supressor
  • Mid Range - /BR / Carbide / ??? / Light Rifle
  • Long Range - /DMR / (Needle Rifle?) / ??? / ???

Sniper - /Sniper Rifle / Beam Rifle / ??? / (version of the Focus Rifle/Sentinal Beam??)

H.Machine Gun- /SAW / Needler / ??? / ???

#L.Artillery- /Rail Gun / Fuel Rod Cannon / Brute Shot / ???
@ Tracking- /Rocket Launcher / Plasma Launcher / ??? / ???
@ H.Artillery- /Spartan Lazer / ??? / ??? / ???
@ Specialized- /Stick Designator / ??? / ??? / ???

• Loadout Weapons / # Ordanance Drop / @ Power Weapons

I have to admit it would be nice to see a Promethean Heavy Artillery weapon similar to the old hunter beam cannon - make it so that it literaly pushes the target backwards until the target reachs “terminal” speed. Would make a great weapon against large targets ( Vehicles ) and a geat area denial weapon.Maybe even a turrent version as the USNC has a signifigantly more varied sandbox for turrents (Minigun, Rocket Pod , Flamethrower , compared to the singular plasma cannon for the Covenant) Halo 5 anyone ?

no they dont need to do that. thats why reach’s sandbox sucked. Halo 4 is going in the right direction. and the UNSC should have more weapons. i mean thats the faction you are a part of, and also, the covenant arsenal isnt going to be as big as previous games due to the fact that there is another enemy army call the prometheans who have their own weapons

> <mark>BR - Light Rifle</mark>
> <mark>DMR - Carbine.</mark>

Fixed.