E3 is coming up on june 4 ..... What now 343i

So what do you guys think 343 will show us on E3

GAME FOOTAGE

WORLD PREMIER

TRAILER #2

I’m hoping for gameplay and a trailer plus lots and lots of canonical explanation.

guys any thoughts , requests …

I hope they just show a gamplay demo of the first mission, followed by a short montage showing clips from the game with a bit of narration.

I really hope they don’t show the new enemy, and from what I’ve heard in interviews etc, I don’t think they will.

> I hope they just show a gamplay demo of the first mission, followed by a short montage showing clips from the game with a bit of narration.
>
> <mark>I really hope they don’t show the new enemy</mark>, and from what I’ve heard in interviews etc, I don’t think they will.

They should. I mean, they’ve been hyping this enemy up to no end and it isn’t a secret like the Flood was, no need for it to be mysterious. They don’t have to show their motives or anything, just show us what it looks like and maybe how it fights.

announce the legendary edition

> > I hope they just show a gamplay demo of the first mission, followed by a short montage showing clips from the game with a bit of narration.
> >
> > <mark>I really hope they don’t show the new enemy</mark>, and from what I’ve heard in interviews etc, I don’t think they will.
>
> They should. I mean, they’ve been hyping this enemy up to no end and it isn’t a secret like the Flood was, no need for it to be mysterious. They don’t have to show their motives or anything, just show us what it looks like and maybe how it fights.

I agree ^^
Think that way people, 343 hypes that new Enemy and at the end , they will be more of the same. Elites with a new skin for example. I dont like that. Many games have dont that before. And most of them turned out bad.

> > I hope they just show a gamplay demo of the first mission, followed by a short montage showing clips from the game with a bit of narration.
> >
> > <mark>I really hope they don’t show the new enemy</mark>, and from what I’ve heard in interviews etc, I don’t think they will.
>
> They should. I mean, they’ve been hyping this enemy up to no end and it isn’t a secret like the Flood was, no need for it to be mysterious. They don’t have to show their motives or anything, just show us what it looks like and maybe how it fights.

Mysteriousness is key to a new halo enemy

BIG fan of your script …just sayin

> >
>

Seeing as they’ve hyped them up so much I don’t really think a gameplay demo or trailer would do them any justice. It’d be a lot better to expreience the reveal ourselves, rather than a trailer. There is a reason for it to be mysterious. 99% of Halo 4’s story is a mystery to us, which is what the story seems to be all about, mystery. The enemy is part of that mystery.

It’d also spoil the suprise for anyone who wants to “discover” the new enemy themselves. I’m interested in how the game is progressing, seeing the new guns and what the graphics look like etc. but I don’t want the enemy to be revealed until the game comes out. If they showed the new enemy, I (and a lot of other people) would be upset because there’d be no way of keeping up with the new Halo 4 info without spoiling the game.

If they show the new enemy, the suprise would be ruined for anyone who’s interested in Halo 4. If they didn’t show the new enemy, then it’d be exactly how it is now, a secret.

Josh Holmes said in a recent interview that they’re trying not to spoil anything for anyone, so I don’t think they will show the new enemy.

I will say that I wouldn’t mind a little sneak peak of the new enemy. Maybe something similar to the end of the concept art trailer (if that was the new enemy anyway).

> Mysteriousness is key to a new halo enemy

Why though? Up to this point it’s been pretty mysterious, but 343 is going to have to give us a reason to continue the fight that was supposedly finished. Covenant space pirates just isn’t that.

> BIG fan of your script …just sayin

Thank you.

> > > I hope they just show a gamplay demo of the first mission, followed by a short montage showing clips from the game with a bit of narration.
> > >
> > > <mark>I really hope they don’t show the new enemy</mark>, and from what I’ve heard in interviews etc, I don’t think they will.
> >
> > They should. I mean, they’ve been hyping this enemy up to no end and it isn’t a secret like the Flood was, no need for it to be mysterious. They don’t have to show their motives or anything, just show us what it looks like and maybe how it fights.
>
> Seeing as they’ve hyped them up so much I don’t really think a gameplay demo or trailer would do them any justice. It’d be a lot better to expreience the reveal ourselves, rather than a trailer. There is a reason for it to be mysterious. 99% of Halo 4’s story is a mystery to us, which is what the story seems to be all about, mystery. The enemy is part of that mystery.

Can we please stop with this mystery nonsense? If u dont want to see the new enemy before releasy then you should avoid every trailer and gameplay from the campaign until Release. People like me, Cobra and more, simply wanna see the new enemy. Dont hype something up that will end boring.

> If they show the new enemy, the suprise would be ruined for anyone who’s interested in Halo 4. If they didn’t show the new enemy, then it’d be exactly how it is now, a secret.

And again, thats not true. Nobody is forcing you to watch every trailer and screenshots.

A month ago I saw people saying it was the 6th, then the 5th, now the 4th… o-o
Anyway I just want to see the legendary edition and some new vehicles. I’d like the enemy to remain a secret so it could be a surprise like the first flood encounter in Halo CE, But I guess that’s asking too much since everyone will be expecting a new enemy anyway. :confused:

> A month ago I saw people saying it was the 6th, then the 5th, now the 4th… o-o
> Anyway I just want to see the legendary edition and some new vehicles. I’d like the enemy to remain a secret so it could be a surprise like the first flood encounter in Halo CE, But I guess that’s asking too much since everyone will be expecting a new enemy anyway. :confused:

June 4 is the Microsoft E3 Conference!
From June 5 till June 7 is E3.

> A month ago I saw people saying it was the 6th, then the 5th, now the 4th… o-o
> Anyway I just want to see the legendary edition and some new vehicles. I’d like the enemy to remain a secret so it could be a s<mark>urprise like the first flood encounter in Halo CE,</mark> But I guess that’s asking too much since everyone will be expecting a new enemy anyway. :confused:

That only worked because we had zero mention of the Flood in any way shape or form. We know there is a new enemy.

> Can we please stop with this mystery nonsense? If u dont want to see the new enemy before releasy then you should avoid every trailer and gameplay from the campaign until Release. People like me, Cobra and more, simply wanna see the new enemy. Dont hype something up that will end boring.

But is it really that hard to be patient? If they revealed the new enemy, it’d spoil the suprise for a lot of people. I shouldn’t be forced to avoid the Waypoint Forums or Youtube simply because I don’t want the story to be spoiled. Hell, I probably wouldn’t even be able to browse the Bungie Forums without getting it spoiled. It’d be on the Xbox Live Dashboard for sure. If they revealed them at E3, that’s a whole 5 months of avoiding Halo 4 info.

No, nobody is forcing me to keep up with the new information, but I should be able to do so without a major part of the story being spoiled for me, and so should everybody else. They could easily show us some new gameplay without showing the new bad guys.

We’ll see the new enemy, when the game comes out.

I wouldn’t be surprised if it was absolutely nothing.

> > Can we please stop with this mystery nonsense? If u dont want to see the new enemy before releasy then you should avoid every trailer and gameplay from the campaign until Release. People like me, Cobra and more, simply wanna see the new enemy. Dont hype something up that will end boring.
>
> But is it really that hard to be patient? If they revealed the new enemy, it’d spoil the suprise for a lot of people. I shouldn’t be forced to avoid the Waypoint Forums or Youtube simply because I don’t want the story to be spoiled. Hell, I probably wouldn’t even be able to browse the Bungie Forums without getting it spoiled. It’d be on the Xbox Live Dashboard for sure. If they revealed them at E3, that’s a whole 5 months of avoiding Halo 4 info.
>
> No, nobody is forcing me to keep up with the new information, but I should be able to do so without a major part of the story being spoiled for me, and so should everybody else. They could easily show us some new gameplay without showing the new bad guys.
>
> We’ll see the new enemy, when the game comes out.

It has nothing to do with patient. 343 simply needs to prove. Oh yeah we have the boring covenant again. People wanna see something new. Not something they fighting 10 years now.
And its not my problem if u dont wanna get spoiled.

They are showing off Spartan Ops for sure.

> But is it really that hard to be patient?

It’s not a matter of patience, it’s a matter of understanding the basic story. We know the new enemy exists already, just show what it looks like. I’m sorry, but the “patience” argument has no merit.

> If they revealed the new enemy, it’d spoil the suprise for a lot of people.

What surprise? They are not like the Flood who are unknown, they exist and 343 has been hyping them up.

> I shouldn’t be forced to avoid the Waypoint Forums or Youtube simply because I don’t want the story to be spoiled.

Showing what the enemy looks like doesn’t spoil the story.

“Oh, I know what the new enemy looks like, but I still don’t know what their motivations are or the entire story in general.”

> Hell, I probably wouldn’t even be able to browse the Bungie Forums without getting it spoiled. It’d be on the Xbox Live Dashboard for sure. If they revealed them at E3, that’s a whole 5 months of avoiding Halo 4 info.

What is getting spoiled? You do realize they will have to show advertisements and they will have to give us a better reason to continue the fight other than “generic evil threatens the universe”.

> No, nobody is forcing me to keep up with the new information, but I should be able to do so without a major part of the story being spoiled for me, and so should everybody else. <mark>They could easily show us some new gameplay without showing the new bad guys.</mark>

So to keep YOU happy, those of us who, you know, want to know just why we should throw down $60 for a new game should be told, essentially, “Put a sock in it because other people don’t want to know!”.

> We’ll see the new enemy, when the game comes out.

That isn’t necessary.

> It has nothing to do with patient.

It has everything to do with being patient. From what we know, Halo 4’s whole story is about mystery and 343 knows this. That’s why we’ve seen a whopping 50 seconds of gameplay and a bunch of screenshots. 343 don’t want to show us much because it’s part of that magic word: mystery. We hardly heard anything about the game up until a month or so ago.

> 343 simply needs to prove. Oh yeah we have the boring covenant again. People wanna see something new. Not something they fighting 10 years now.

That’s why they’ve actually said there’s a new enemy, rather than leaving them a complete secret like Bungie did with the Flood. They want us to be interested in the new enemy, but they want us to be suprised when they’re revealed for the first time in the game, just like everyone was with the Flood.

> And its not my problem if u dont wanna get spoiled.

Never said it was. It would be a problem for a lot of people though, myself included.

I haven’t seen one good reason yet as to why they should show the new enemy.

> So to keep YOU happy, those of us who, you know, want to know just why we should throw down $60 for a new game should be told, essentially, “Put a sock in it because other people don’t want to know!”.

There are plenty of other reasons to buy the game rather than the new enemy. Would you really avoid buying the game because you didn’t see the new enemy? If anything, it’d be more of a reason to buy it.

Also, it’s not just me this is about. I know plenty of people who don’t want to see the new enemy until the game comes out. People have made threads about it.

> > I haven’t seen one good reason yet as to why they should show the new enemy.
>
> So we know why 343 went through the effort to continue the fight that was supposedly finished.

So, to keep YOU happy, 343 have to spoil a major part of the game because a few people want to see what the new bad guys are like before the game comes out, even though you’re probably going to buy it anyway?

> I haven’t seen one good reason yet as to why they should show the new enemy.

So we know why 343 went through the effort to continue the fight that was supposedly finished.

Edited by Moderator - Please refrain from making nonconstructive posts.

*Original post, click at your own discretion.

They should just give their slot to tryarch cuz Black ops comes out one week after halo 4 and all the people they are trying to please with halo 4 are gonna trade in halo 4 for black ops GOOD BYE Halo and a big F U to 343i