E3 Campaign Gameplay Level?

Please forgive if this has been talked about before, or if there’s been countless threads before. If so let me know and I’ll delete this thread (if you can delete a thread).

So yeah on topic, I was wondering if the developers have stated what level (Easy, Normal, Heroic, Legendary) the gameplay from the E3 campaign demo was played on. I just recently watched the video for like the 1000th time, anyway, if the developers haven’t, what level do you think it was played on?

Almost every time the Promethean Knight would attack Chief with the sword thing, Chief’s health bar would go straight down and blink red. I think the level may be Normal or Heroic (unless the difficulties have new titles, something along those lines).

Discuss what you think.

:slight_smile:

It was probably on Normal, just to show the gameplay.

They did say that the mission was toward the middle of the game or something like that but their not openly talking about it

It was easy. He was standing there for ages with his shields down, that’d be impossible on any other difficulty. Or it could’ve been a difficulty specifically made for the E3 demo.

But judging by the Spartan Ops gameplay we got, difficulty levels are a lot easier than previous games.

I’m sure it was a completely custom difficulty. I think it was similar to Normal, but I will guarantee you that the player’s health was invincible. It’s always quite embarrassing when you die on-stage while showing off your game.

It was probably easy or normal the enemies especially the knights seemed to be killed quite easily. They probably had it on one of these difficulties to show of the game play better and they would feel kind of embarrassat if the player died in the game play presentation so yeah it was either easy or normal.

> I’m sure it was a completely custom difficulty. I think it was similar to Normal, but I will guarantee you that the player’s health was invincible. It’s always quite embarrassing when you die on-stage while showing off your game.

Yes, probably a custom difficulty. The level looked very easy, but the guy’s shields kept going down - yet, he’d never die when I would expect him to.

> I’m sure it was a completely custom difficulty. I think it was similar to Normal, but I will guarantee you that the player’s health was invincible. It’s always quite embarrassing when <mark>you die on-stage while showing off your game</mark>.

I would die of laughter if that happened!

There are 2 other videos you can compare the official one with:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=00_EyaZpbsU#t=5m58s
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtc7v2upLCg#t=3m39s (this one’s really great since the player isn’t that good, giving us more time to see the campaign AI in action. The Knight seems to be able to berserk. Of course, the newer Spartan Ops gameplay footage shows a lot more AI activity but Spartan Ops AI aren’t necessarily the same as campaign AI)

It’s probably:

-a mix of Easy (AI) and Normal (damage and health)
-Godmode enabled

Of course, the part where the Knight jumps on Chief is obviously scripted and probably does the same damage on every difficulty in that iteration of the mission.

> It was easy. He was standing there for ages with his shields down, that’d be impossible on any other difficulty. Or it could’ve been a difficulty specifically made for the E3 demo.
>
> But judging by the Spartan Ops gameplay we got, difficulty levels are a lot easier than previous games.

Wouldn’t be the first time a Dev played an E3 demo with a special setting for the stage.

I recall Gears 3 in 2010 had unlimited ammo and God mode.

Definitely custom difficulty. Jimmy Fallon never died. lol

> > I’m sure it was a completely custom difficulty. I think it was similar to Normal, but I will guarantee you that the player’s health was invincible. It’s always quite embarrassing when <mark>you die on-stage while showing off your game</mark>.
>
> I would die of laughter if that happened!

It’d be much better than the lame jokes some people make at these demonstrations.

> But judging by the Spartan Ops gameplay we got, difficulty levels are a lot easier than previous games.

I think it’s a great thing to know that the difficulty will be patterned around CE. More fluid animations, big surprises, strong immersion. Though I think it’s only the Covies that are going to be easier.

The Promethean enemies are so much better (might want to mute the video). The player changes from Normal to Legendary at the beginning.