E3 2020 Cancelled?

I’m hearing multiple reports that E3 2020 is being cancelled. Can somebody please confirm if this is true or not? If it is how will 343 reveal gameplay for Halo Infinite?

> 2535424777392951;1:
> I’m hearing multiple reports that E3 2020 is being cancelled. Can somebody please confirm if this is true or not? If it is how will 343 reveal gameplay for Halo Infinite?

If it does get cancelled (which I personally have not heard anything yet) I wouldn’t despair. Microsoft said that they would be doing their own online event after GDC got cancelled. If E3 gets cancelled, they will probably do the same thing. Probably something streamed where we can watch everything get revealed.

There is no official announcement stating that E3 has been cancelled. Nobody on this forum can confirm anything until there is an official announcement.

We do not know how 343i would reveal Halo Infinite in the event that E3 is cancelled because it hasn’t told us anything definitive yet. Most likely, Microsoft would simply stream its entire “E3” presentation on Mixer/Youtube.

It’s looking like it unfortunately :pensive: Link (strange, there was an article about it up on Gamespot, now there’s not… :thinking:)

EDIT A new Link is up

Not to worry. The content you wish to see will still be revealed. If E3 is cancelled, the only major difference will be the lack of a physical location. Microsoft and presumably every other major gaming company, will announce whatever it is they will be releasing this year.

If E3 gets cancelled which i think will. Its sad but i hope they do some live stream but i don’t expect it to be big. But I think E3 is gonna get cancelled.

> 2535424777392951;1:
> I’m hearing multiple reports that E3 2020 is being cancelled. Can somebody please confirm if this is true or not? If it is how will 343 reveal gameplay for Halo Infinite?

no sir, where i live, Italy the situation with the Coronavirus
the Italian government suspended all activities until March 4 and the infections had stopped for two days; we hope this wound will end

> 2535406417205447;7:
> > 2535424777392951;1:
> > I’m hearing multiple reports that E3 2020 is being cancelled. Can somebody please confirm if this is true or not? If it is how will 343 reveal gameplay for Halo Infinite?
>
> no sir, where i live, Italy the situation with the Coronavirus
> the Italian government suspended all activities until March 4 and the infections had stopped for two days; we hope this wound will end

Apparently airlines from Italy to Australia (where I am) have just been closed only after all the F1 drivers arrived.
Anyway, I’m sure people will start to realise just how minor this coronavirus thing is soon enough. The media blew things out of proportion from the start. I imagine it’ll all be forgotten by the time E3 goes ahead in June.

EDIT: Well, I was wrong.

Devolver Digital is saying it, Jason Schreier is saying it, Mike Futter is saying it, saying their sources are directly from ESA members… it’s dead. There’s no official confirmation yet, but sooner or later it’ll be abundantly clear it’s not happening. I imagine sooner.

I do hope Microsoft quickly steps in and tells us when to expect major news on Halo Infinite, because not knowing when we might even see gameplay or when a beta might be happening is even worse than having to wait to the middle of the year for news.

> 2535415876049274;8:
> > 2535406417205447;7:
> > > 2535424777392951;1:
> > > I’m hearing multiple reports that E3 2020 is being cancelled. Can somebody please confirm if this is true or not? If it is how will 343 reveal gameplay for Halo Infinite?
> >
> > no sir, where i live, Italy the situation with the Coronavirus
> > the Italian government suspended all activities until March 4 and the infections had stopped for two days; we hope this wound will end
>
> Apparently airlines from Italy to Australia (where I am) have just been closed only after all the F1 drivers arrived.
> Anyway, I’m sure people will start to realise just how minor this coronavirus thing is soon enough. The media blew things out of proportion from the start. I imagine it’ll all be forgotten by the time E3 goes ahead in June.

Yes of Corse Spartan! Hope to see here!

Rumor for now. There might be an announcement confirming it today. If E3 is cancelled I could see MS just holding their own event, not sure when they’d do it though.

https://mobile.twitter.com/devolverdigital/status/1237544646475051016

It’s pretty much confirmed when a studio that was going says this, I’m not at all surprised given how many other groupings have been cancelled.

Well, in any case the reveals will be on the internet by streams or videos with maybe an addition of one of those old fashioned & limited by physical presence conferenses only this time in smaller scale ie Microsoft conference instead of E3.

I mean, it’s looking even more likely. With companies doing their own scene or simply dropping out, the show just shrinks in relevance.
Sony dropping out last year and this one was a major blow.
EA already have their expo.
While Nintendo has been in every E3, they are still able to host their own show, through Nintendo Direct. And they’ve used that to reveal many things, like upcoming characters for Smash Ultimate.
If E3 is cancelled, then Microsoft will simply host their own with Inside Xbox. They used that to, say, announce the addition of Reach to MCC and MCC for PC. No reason to think they won’t use it to show Halo Infinite related news.

All and all, these companies already have their own expo (I’m sure Sony as well, but I don’t keep myself updated with them).

It’s now official that E3 has been cancelled.

Looks like they’re going to do some sort of online thing instead, not sure how all companies are going to change their showcases.

Yes its cancelled. But Phil Spenser said that they’ll still be some sort of stream. More info coming soon.

Hi, I have a question that I really want to hear from everyone. With E3 2020 has been cancelled, what are the chances of 343 Industries planning to reveal the Halo Infinite official gameplay early? Maybe they can reveal the official gameplay on April 2020?

> 2535434101253033;17:
> Hi, I have a question that I really want to hear from everyone. With E3 2020 has been cancelled, what are the chances of 343 Industries planning to reveal the Halo Infinite official gameplay early? Maybe they can reveal the official gameplay on April 2020?

It’s more likely that they’ll use Inside Xbox to do that, like they did with Reach in MCC and MCC for PC.