Dynast armor review

Wow. That pretty much sums it up. You managed to keep every key feature that makes the CQB helmet recognizable while still making it look new and beautiful. This helmet is an amazing remake, as was the Mark V Alpha. You took directly from the bungie original and added your own touch while still making it look authentic. I wish the same was true for the body armor, however, as you just swapped it for athlon. The original CQB body armor should come in a future update on another set of armor of it’s not going to be on the dynast set. Keep doing these armor remakes please. I love them. Thank you.

I strongly dislike it compared to the CQB. How the hell does it look like CQB to anyone? What’s worse is that it’s destroyed any hope of having the original CQB in Halo 5.

The Dynast armor would be the heavy variant of the C.Q.B. and the original the light variant. I hope the original come back some day.

> 2535471595119823;2:
> I strongly dislike it compared to the CQB. How the hell does it look like CQB to anyone? What’s worse is that it’s destroyed any hope of having the original CQB in Halo 5.

I guess its the same reason, ODST is now HellJumper, its different, but still looks like the old.

I saw someone call it power ranger armor in another thread - I have to agree. Just another piece to collect, otherwise I don’t like the way it looks

> 2535429756019039;4:
> > 2535471595119823;2:
> > I strongly dislike it compared to the CQB. How the hell does it look like CQB to anyone? What’s worse is that it’s destroyed any hope of having the original CQB in Halo 5.
>
>
> I guess its the same reason, ODST is now HellJumper, its different, but still looks like the old.

Actually, you’re wrong. Nightfall is ODST…

As a lover of CQB it couldn’t be any more unappealing. I still don’t see why 343 have to “put their own spin” on absolutely everything.

Just give the fans what they want and focus their creativity into making new and completely different things.

> 2535471595119823;6:
> > 2535429756019039;4:
> > > 2535471595119823;2:
> > > I strongly dislike it compared to the CQB. How the hell does it look like CQB to anyone? What’s worse is that it’s destroyed any hope of having the original CQB in Halo 5.
> >
> >
> > I guess its the same reason, ODST is now HellJumper, its different, but still looks like the old.
>
>
> Actually, you’re wrong. Nightfall is ODST…

I don’t believe so, yes, it looks like ODST, But it does not serve the same purpose as ODST did, if anything, Both are ODST variants, Helljumper is just the Spartan version. Heck, I love ODST and I am wearing Nightfall till I get Helljumper.

ODST was the helmet of the UNSCs top soldiers, special ops. Nightfall is more of a environmental suit, built to help soldiers survive in harsh areas, that’s why it was used in Nightfall, when they went to a destroyed piece of 04 which was right next to a star… Helljumper does fit better as an upgraded ODST.

> 2535471595119823;2:
> I strongly dislike it compared to the CQB. How the hell does it look like CQB to anyone? What’s worse is that it’s destroyed any hope of having the original CQB in Halo 5.

All of this.

> I saw someone call it power ranger armor in another thread

Probably me. The way the helmet looks, the smooth curves, the name…more eastern inspired armor.

I didn’t even know it was supposed to be CQB until someone mentioned it here.

Unlike Noble, it isn’t an elegant redesign. It looks like 343 have taken the near-perfect CQB armour and thought, ‘how can we make this worse?’

I consider the original CQB to be literally one of the ugliest armors (if not THE ugliest, although JFO gives it a run for its money) from the earlier game, but Dynast actually looks good to me. Heck, I’d put it in my top five for this game, with Noble, Mark IV, Mark V, & Copperhead. (As far as full sets go. I like a few helmets but dislike the associated armors.)

> Unlike Noble, it isn’t an elegant redesign. It looks like 343 have taken the near-perfect CQB armour and thought, ‘how can we make this worse?’

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Near perfect? Oh, lord. Thing looks like a chubby kid that’s been stung in the cheek by bees.

I definitely believe it’s one of 343’s more faithful helmet “reboots”, but it still looks off to me, just not as much as some other designs.

The armor looks hella wacky though, no way to defend that.

> 2533274801590209;12:
> I consider the original CQB to be literally one of the ugliest armors (if not THE ugliest, although JFO gives it a run for its money) from the earlier game, but Dynast actually looks good to me. Heck, I’d put it in my top five for this game, with Noble, Mark IV, Mark V, & Copperhead. (As far as full sets go. I like a few helmets but dislike the associated armors.)
>
>
>
>
> > Unlike Noble, it isn’t an elegant redesign. It looks like 343 have taken the near-perfect CQB armour and thought, ‘how can we make this worse?’
>
>
> HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Near perfect? Oh, lord. Thing looks like a chubby kid that’s been stung in the cheek by bees.

Now I must agree with this guy, I think it’s an improvement but the body could be better, wasn’t much of a fan of the original

This is a joke right… Even though it somewhat resembles CQB, its not even close to it. 343i should really stop changing how armors look and stop giving us crappy skins. Just fix the freaken armor customization.

> 2535471595119823;2:
> I strongly dislike it compared to the CQB. How the hell does it look like CQB to anyone? What’s worse is that it’s destroyed any hope of having the original CQB in Halo 5.

I saw it as a CQB variation the second it was revealed. I even went into photoshop and straightened out that brow line, that makes the visor more or less the same shape as CQB’s. If you look at the panels around the cheeks, they share a lot of the same lines and design queues as CQB while still looking like a new helmet.
CBQ was my favourite helmet all through Halo 3 and Reach so I can understand how Dynast would annoy people, but personally I like it. At least 343 haven’t done a bad remake of it like with Nightfall, Mk V or Decimator. I’m still hopeful that we’ll get the real thing soon though.

> 2533274802103078;16:
> > 2535471595119823;2:
> > I strongly dislike it compared to the CQB. How the hell does it look like CQB to anyone? What’s worse is that it’s destroyed any hope of having the original CQB in Halo 5.
>
>
> I saw it as a CQB variation the second it was revealed. I even went into photoshop and straightened out that brow line, that makes the visor more or less the same shape as CQB’s. If you look at the panels around the cheeks, they share a lot of the same lines and design queues as CQB while still looking like a new helmet.
> CBQ was my favourite helmet all through Halo 3 and Reach so I can understand how Dynast would annoy people, but personally I like it. At least 343 haven’t done a bad remake of it like with Nightfall, Mk V or Decimator. I’m still hopeful that we’ll get the real thing soon though.

I also photoshoped dynast.
Just a better paint job than the variants we get.

Image here.Maybe a Mythic dynast variant?